Where are the August 2018 Folks? August TR thread.

Snowmedic just a heads up and for anyone else there. My wife is following a story on Facebook about a Yellow Jacket Infestation over in the 1400 loop site 1437 I think. Seems they have taken up residence in a rotting stump there and have been swarming about. Taking to feeding in the garbage near the pool and drink refill area there. Stay safe

sometime
Pictures like this make me think tent camping is a totally realistic possibility... I really need to 'practice' locally sometime.

We have tent camped many a times with different tents, and each time we find something that we could improve on to make it a little more comfortable. We are thinking upgrade in a couple more years, we’ll see.

We have tent camped many a times with different tents, and each time we find something that we could improve on to make it a little more comfortable. We are thinking upgrade in a couple more years, we’ll see.

Oh yeah you definitely have it going on especially when you had the girls with you. You make tenting look like glamping! LOL As for "upgrading" I have seen some new tent designs that effectively make the tent a 4 room model with breeze way. It's pretty cool looking. However is snowmedic and family looking at something with wheels underneath and vehicle in front of it or something with just wheels underneath? Those are going to be total different animals.

Oh However is snowmedic and family looking at something with wheels underneath and vehicle in front

That is exactly what we are thinking, isn’t going to be right away though, but in the next 2 years. I want to talk with my bank to see if they can do a package deal so we will only have one payment. If that fails there is a company that sells both truck and camper as package, at look into that about financing.

After our brunch at TE yesterday we headed out to Cocoa Beach for the day. Went looking for gators in the wild along 520, nothing. After that disappointment we made it over to the indoor flea market were we browsed around for a while. After that it was off to Bass Pro, first thing I noticed is they are selling gas powered golf carts. I didn’t get a pick of one but they are in the 8-9 thousand range. After we asking around there we went to Goodie Park in Palm Bay to see manatees, again nothing. Next stop the Canaveral lock system down by the cruise ports. I did see a dolphin breach as we drove by the intercoastal on the way to the locks. Once at the lock the water was dirty, couldn’t see a fish or manatee if you tried. We where able to watch the locks operate on both ends, as ther was a lot of boat traffic while we were there. It took 20 minutes from the time the locks opened to let the boats that where in there before we got there out, let the other boats in close and then open the other side to let them out. This was taken from the locks

B9A8B25E-14D8-4790-819B-DB42C24D4BCC.jpeg

After that we headed to Ron Jon’s, Cocoa Beach surf company and then to the beach. After a short walk on the beach and putting our toes in the ocean it was time to go to dinner at Fishlips. It is in the cove where the cruise ships are. I had the Mahi fish tacos, and DW had the scallop risotto and a bowl of lobster bisque, through in two adult beverages and we where set for dinner he night. Last stop was at Wally-Wierd for grocery’s for the week then back to camp, it was 11 when we got back to a dark site, we really didn’t think we were going to be gone long so we didn’t plug anything in.

Snowmedic just a heads up and for anyone else there. My wife is following a story on Facebook about a Yellow Jacket Infestation over in the 1400 loop site 1437 I think. Seems they have taken up residence in a rotting stump there and have been swarming about. Taking to feeding in the garbage near the pool and drink refill area there. Stay safe

So maybe I am the only one, but I almost want to investigate this.

Anyway, WE MADE IT!

We got here a little after 9 am today. Truck did outstanding. Even when I was letting g the truck idle (to keep it cool) at stops and other places ( Which I almost NEVER do) I still had an overall average of about 9.8 mph and running about 75 mph.

When we got here, was able to get our site right away. We are at site 928. Got our GC and some groceries and now dw is checking the shops at the Fort. We will be going to DHS tonight for a short night. Need to get our AP so we ( or more correctly, the "Girls") can make their purchases with the discount.

Paul Happy to hear you made it safe. Update on Yellow Jackets Disney Yesterday treated the stump with Soap and Water yesterday afternoon and were supposed remove the nest/hive last night

Anyway, WE MADE IT!

We got here a little after 9 am today. Truck did outstanding. Even when I was letting g the truck idle (to keep it cool) at stops and other places ( Which I almost NEVER do) I still had an overall average of about 9.8 mph and running about 75 mph.

When we got here, was able to get our site right away. We are at site 928. Got our GC and some groceries and now dw is checking the shops at the Fort. We will be going to DHS tonight for a short night. Need to get our AP so we ( or more correctly, the "Girls") can make their purchases with the discount.

Glad you made it in alright. And glad to see you running about 10mpg, drop your speed to 70 and you would easily be over 10.

Glad you made it in alright. And glad to see you running about 10mpg, drop your speed to 70 and you would easily be over 10.
Yeah, I am a bit of a led foot. Plus, since I do ALL the driving, it just adds that much more to the route.

I am happy though with the fuel economy. Plus it pulled it so much nicer.

Paul,

I can see the grin from here. Glad you made it in and had a site waiting. 900 seems like a nice loop. 9.8 doing 75 isn't bad. I was out camping this weekend about an hour from the house. Not sure if I had a tail wind both ways, but i got 10.4 on the way there and 9.9 on the way home. I normally get 9.4-9.6 if i set the cruise on 72.

j

So we now have upgraded to the AP over at DHS. Sadly though there is a fair amount of thunder and lightening.

Looking at radar....hopefully won’t last too long....

That is exactly what we are thinking, isn’t going to be right away though, but in the next 2 years. I want to talk with my bank to see if they can do a package deal so we will only have one payment. If that fails there is a company that sells both truck and camper as package, at look into that about financing.

@snowmedic That's different financing aspect. It comes down how complicated will the paperwork will be for it. The bank will probably do it but it will be more under a personal loan vs a Vehicle and/or RV loan. Those rates are general are higher. The RV loan's interest should be able to be tax deductible since it would considered a second home. The loan is usually a longer term too. You should post up a thread on the community page for discussion the best way to go. I don't know if going with a bundle loan would be the way to go but then again everyone's situation is different.

Anyway, WE MADE IT!

@peg110 Yeah!!!! That's awesome you got down there. Fuel Mileage sounds good for the truck. Glad to hear it had a good first run. Enjoy the fort.

We will be there for our fist cabin visit 8/17 - 8/25
DW and I will be there 18-26 for our first Non-Cabin trip. We have done the cabins a few times, and we love them. Honestly staying at the cabins and seeing fort wilderness (in December) has a lot to do with us getting our TT. I'm sure you will enjoy the cabins too.

Here are some site pics.
Now that is a tent camping setup. Still no bathroom and shower so the DW wouldn't go for it.

Anyway, WE MADE IT!
Glad you made it and the truck performed well. I hope mine does, but I'm a bit concerned now.

We leave Friday and arrive on at the fort this Saturday! I have spent the last week after work, and this weekend getting ready.

Done:
Made our reservation at Eagle's Roost Friday night.
Got out GA Peach Pass for the Sun Pass lanes, but can't use it on GA toll lanes since we are over two axles.
Cleaned the TT tent ends and awning.
Packed all but the clothes, and food in the TT. We decide to get the food before we leave.
Changed the oil in the Truck ( I think... I post about this in the Truck Thread)
Rough dialing in on the WD hitch. It was way off. But I'm not sure it matters that much. Measurements without the trailer and then with the trailer and no WD where only 5/8 maybe 3/4 inch different. Still I put it in the middle with WD hitch. Will have to check again when get it all fully loaded. Tongue weight was a bit lighter than I want 450lb or so. I want it to at least 500.

Still to do.
A bit more cleaning in and outsie the TT and the roof.
Wash and clean the truck out. Maybe have to change the oil again.
Air up the tires and finish setting the TPMS. I had a 12V air compressor I was using to air up the trailer tires to 65, but i died on the third tire.
And anything else I realize I forgot to do.
Then finally HIT THE ROAD.

I wanted to make a sign to go on the back of the TT that said "We're going to Disney World! where are you going?" but the DW didn't think the last part was good idea. She thought we might get road raged. So I scrapped the sign idea.

Our first day was a relative success, despite the weather at DHS. Manages to get in our fast passes and a nice meal at Mama Melrose's. As we were walking out, we were startled by some fireworks going off. We didn't realize they do a Srar Wars show with special effects and cameras in the DHS center stage area. Pretty cool (or rather hot) with all 6he flame cannons going off.

Beginning day 2 with taking pups to day care and breakfast at the garden grill. Then we got right in line for soarin' we made it on the first run in the middle concourse and top row. Still love that ride.

We planned to get off and then right back on, but at 9:10, it shows standby at 25 minutes.
Looking at the line going in as we were on the way out, it's probably closer to 45. No worries, making our way to frozen next.

peg110,

Glad to hear you made it in just fine. It sounds like your new tow vehicle is a champ. How do you like being in loop 900? It is our favorite Premium because it is small, near the Meadow TP/pool/campfire, and has its own Comfort Station. Plus the bus stop right out front for the TP.

snowmedic,

So Fishlips, huh? We have a week for spring break reserved over at Jetty Park campground next year and so I am taking note of which restaurants you patronize in the area, etc. You get over there it sounds like every time you are at WDW. Did you live over there in a past life? Any recommendations you can throw my way dining wise relative to Jetty would be appreciated.

Carry on please!

Bama Ed

Last edited:
peg110,

Glad to hear you made it in just fine. It sounds like your new tow vehicle is a champ. How do you like being in loop 900? It is our favorite Premium because it is small, near the Meadow TP/pool/campfire, and has its own Comfort Station. Plus the bus stop right out front for the TP.

Originally DW wanted raccoon lane, but we couldn't remember the loop number and neither could the CM. We thought it was the 900 loop. Obviously, it was not. Raccoon lane is the 1000 loop. Anyway the 900 loop is nice. We had no issues yet. And you are right about the CS, bus stop, meadows, etc.... that's part of what we like about the 1000 loop (which is right next door).

New truck is a champ so far. Very pleased with it.

Now we are spending a short day at epcot. Getting ready to leave here and go to the pool. Although, I did have a new experience today that I never had before. I tried "Beverly" as a beverage. Let's just say, that it must be experienced to be appreciates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter