Where are all those princess's?

MicheleandAngie

Earning My Ears
This is the number 1 reason that we are going to DisneyLand, for the Princess's. My 5 yr old is so excited. So is there a breakfast with them, or lunch or place one would go to hang out with these characters? :flower:

Ahhh - you should have a happy face. :)

There is a lunch and a dinner with them over at Ariel's Grotto restaurant at California Adventure. You can also find them at Ariel's Grotto picture spot at Disneyland, and in front of the castle, or wandering through Fantasyland. There is also a Princess storytelling in the Toy Shopper next to the Castle. I caught this a couple of weeks ago, with Snow White - it was darling.

I was at California Adventure on Thursday, and saw Mulan there. I've also seen Belle, Cinderella, Ping, and Snow White there.

The princesses have INVADED my proposal spot! Usually any time throughout the day at Disneyland, you can catch some princess (or more than 1) at Snow White's Grotto (veer right and follow the line as you approach the castle from Main Street).

There is now a pic op w/the princesses in the Animation building in DCA...plus we found more milling around the center area of that building.

I heard they have stopped the photo ops in the animation building due to having the Princesses at Ariel's Grotto for Lunch and Dinner.

We also saw Snow White at the princess storytelling.. it was great!

There is a store in Fantasyland next to the castle that is a Toy Shoppe. In the back of the store, a princess will sit on a chair, with the children at her feet, and tell them a fairytale. They do this on weekends, and might do it each day during peak season, but I'm not sure, so it's good to ask.

The toy shop thing in Fantasyland is very sweet. I think it is called Once a Upon a Time the Princess Shop. The last time I did this was in November of last year so things may have changed. When we were there, I asked one of the castmembers working in the shop early that morning what the times were and what princess it was. That particular day ( a Sunday) they had three princesses, each one doing a story at 9:00, 10:00 and 11:00. The princess would tell a story almost like a skit and then do autographs afterwards. It is not a big area so get there early. That day it was Belle, Cinderella and Snow White (which we picked).

We had dinner with the princesses at Ariel's Grotto on Tuesday and it was nice. The restaurant was not very crowded so we were able to have lots of quality time with each princess. There was: Cinderella, Belle, Aurora, Snow White, and Ariel (with feet, lol).

The downside is that it is pricey and the food was okay but nothing spectacular. The upside is getting autographs and photos without waiting in line!

bubbasmom99 said:
We had dinner with the princesses at Ariel's Grotto on Tuesday and it was nice. The restaurant was not very crowded so we were able to have lots of quality time with each princess. There was: Cinderella, Belle, Aurora, Snow White, and Ariel (with feet, lol).

The downside is that it is pricey and the food was okay but nothing spectacular. The upside is getting autographs and photos without waiting in line!
SOLD!!! :lovestruc Thank you so much! That was just what I needed to hear. I think we'll go to one character breaky, cause we're there but FOR SURE go for Ariel's Grotto. :wave:

Slightly off topic -

If you are looking for villans . . . I saw Cinderella's stepmother (Lady Tremain?) in Tommorrowland this past Sunday; near the restrooms that are by the entrance to Star Tours! I've also seen the Evil Queen behind the castle, near the path to Tommorrowland. I had never seen the stepmom in DL before.

We found them by the castle mainly but they also like the entry to Disney. I found it worth while to ask the cast member that is accompanying the princess when your favourite princess will be out. We did that for Cinderella. Unfortunately we got stuck at DCA so we missed her :guilty: my daughter was not impressed.

Craftylady

DCA is Disney California adventure. The other Disneyland park right next to Disneyland.

Craftylady.

craftylady said:
DCA is Disney California adventure. The other Disneyland park right next to Disneyland.

Craftylady.
Ah thank you! So is the DCA not have too many characters or were they just scarce that day? :paw:

Michele

I did see Mickey and Goofy and goofy's son Max at DCA that day and the map did show places for characters but I think besides Ariel I don't know that there are many Princesses. We didn't get over to the Bugs life area but I would imagine a lot of those characters are there too. From what I saw the princesses liked the main entrance and the side areas of the castle. I must admit Disney does a great job with the character staff. They all did such a good job of playing the role and pointing out similarities between the children and themselves that made them feel special. My kids were all wearing yellow tshirts on the day they met Belle and boy was that a hit.

Craftylady

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter