Where are all the Disney guys at?

purplefern

Earning My Ears
Anyone else ever notice that there are like NO good guy characters that you can meet at WDW? What I mean is, there are ton of girl protagonist characters you can meet (princesses are in no short supply), but when it comes to like, male characters that could be good role models there are like none! The only ones I can think of are Aladdin and Peter Pan, and even Peter Pan's a little iffy as a protagonist!

I'm bringing this up partly because when my younger sister and I went to WDW last time, we were hoping we'd get to meet at least one Disney prince (*a note: To be fair, we did try to meet Aladdin, but we failed.), but there were none to be found. We were super bummed to see Naveen in a parade, but find out that you can't really meet him normally. (Naveen's one of both of our's favorite princes.)

Can't a fangirl get a minute with her favorite Disney prince? XD Or, a young boy meet a male character who ISN'T a villain?
Thoughts?

The Bon Voyage breakfast at the boardwalk has Prince Eric and Flynn Rider.

Edit: I forgot about 1900 Park Fare dinner. It has Prince Charming

So is it mostly like character dinners where you can meet them, then?

Yeah, it's mostly character dining with the princes as Be Our Guest dinner also has a meeting with The Beast. And you used to be able to meet Naveen at Tiana's Ice Cream Social but the riverboat is under refurbishment at the moment.

But other than character dining, the only place I know you can find a prince is Aladdin with Jasmine in Adventureland.

I think Disney deintely lacks having male characters for their meets. I don't really get it, or even having a boy themed character dinner that is not the Fab 5. How awesome would a Toy Story character meal be?

Anyone else ever notice that there are like NO good guy characters that you can meet at WDW? What I mean is, there are ton of girl protagonist characters you can meet (princesses are in no short supply), but when it comes to like, male characters that could be good role models there are like none! The only ones I can think of are Aladdin and Peter Pan, and even Peter Pan's a little iffy as a protagonist!

I'm bringing this up partly because when my younger sister and I went to WDW last time, we were hoping we'd get to meet at least one Disney prince (*a note: To be fair, we did try to meet Aladdin, but we failed.), but there were none to be found. We were super bummed to see Naveen in a parade, but find out that you can't really meet him normally. (Naveen's one of both of our's favorite princes.)

Can't a fangirl get a minute with her favorite Disney prince? XD Or, a young boy meet a male character who ISN'T a villain?
Thoughts?

Ha ha! You are right about Peter Pan. He's practically a sociopath who goes around abducting children for his own amusement. I am surprised they don't have Flynn around. He seems like the perfect choice for that crossover appeal.

You can meet Naveen at Tiana’s ice cream social on the riverboat (when it is happening.) Obviously an added cost, but you can meet him at that event.

I know I've seen Belle with Beast in Epcot outside in France several times. But you can always ask any CM where you can find any character at anytime while you are there. Unless it's changed since I worked there, they all have the number for a character hotline where they can find out where any character is in any park at any time.

Not technically a "Prince" but Gaston is one of the most fun meet and greets at WDW, IMO!

This! Best M&G we've ever had. Gaston spent about 5 minutes talking to my youngest and was very impressed with his "Gaston's Gym" t-shirt. When he asked where the gym was, my son said "Over the Earth". Gaston was pleased and said that a gym having his name should be over the earth.

I am still bitter that Tarzan’s show was cancelled. The Tarzan at the show I saw was one gorgeous hunk of man, but IDK if he ever did meet-and-greets.

While they’re not Disney, I would wait on line all day to meet the Trivago guy or Michael Avenatti. Just putting it out there in case any Disney employees are reading this and wondering who people want to see at meet-and-greets. Those men are smoking hot IMO. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!