When you thought about the fort but....

sirenia88

You are a Toy car!
Hey disboards!

Well I am sitting here just hanging out in my new trailer. I have some vacation time planned for the end of August. While sitting here I find out there is a nice deal going on for the Fort and the gears started to turn. I spoke with the DW she gave me a " Are you serious look?" I proceeded with well we can do a short week trip use the weekends as the drive time and make a visit or two to MK and AK call it a day. I like how the new rig handles on the highway and it should be a decent drive. DW goes well that's all well and good but I don't have the time to take for a trip like that. Doh! I'm usually the one that says I don't have the time...

I thought I would share this as inspiration for planning another trip to the Fort and can take advantage of the current offer for the Fort pricing. It's what made me go yeah I could do that. If we we're able to do it, it would have been the cheapest we had done the Fort and Disney at the same time. Plus I could have proudly displayed my dis board sign in front of the new trailer.

We have done our Feb trips that way with the nephew. Use the weekends as our travel time and spend the 5 days at the parks. The next trip to plan is with our youngest nephew, although the oldest wants to go back. They were each promised a trip alone with us. So we will see, I only have 2 weeks vacation. And next year we have to trips for May, one to TN, and then back to the Gulf.

Hey disboards!

Well I am sitting here just hanging out in my new trailer. I have some vacation time planned for the end of August. While sitting here I find out there is a nice deal going on for the Fort and the gears started to turn.

Well that didn't take long, sirenia88. :drive:

A new trailer is inspiration for more and new trips.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

I'd love to take my 5'er to the Fort some day but I'm in AZ. Too far of a drive, costly for diesel and I'm not retired so can't take off work enough to make the drive both ways! Hmm, Megamillions is up to 1/2 billion $'s. Maybe I can retire next week after the drawing.

sirenia88,

That is exactly how I picked our next trip (Sept 4-8). We were already going to Gulf State Park and I have lots of vacation time I don't use. DW only gets 2 weeks a year, so DS and I are driving the 1000 miles in 2 days and DW is flying in the day after we arrive. I couldn't let the APs expire without one more trip!

j

Last October we were just 75 min. down I-4 outside of Tampa getting our new coach. Before we left to head down there I called to see if there were any open sites and there were All premium at premium price (Think Holiday as it was Columbus day weekend) Called my TA hoping she work some of her magic but she called back with same info. Asked her to keep trying and if a Full Hook up came open to call me. Even spending 2 extra nights at dealerships CG didn't help. First night of trip home she called to say one was now available but half way home for just 3 days couldn't justify it

We only do the Fort when my husband has 2 weeks of PTO because he says it's too far to drive (1,100 miles each way) for less than that. This summer was even better because of the site discount being offered. Works for me:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter