When you have the neighbors from H*LL

But the OP provided no indication that they think there is abuse. That was the (imo unreasonable and overly-dramatic) suggestion by somebody else.

I agree, I thought the "report abuse" post was totally ridiculous.

Right, I agree. I am simply posting to impart information. We see on these boards, time and time again, people telling others they MUST go to the front desk to have an issue addressed. My post is to simply let people know that is not always the case. If there is an emergency (I'm not saying OP's circumstance is an emergency), the call center WILL help you. Lots of WDW newbies on here who repeatedly get the advice not to pick up the phone to have issues addressed and, I think, in some circumstances, that's not prudent advice. OP should go to the front desk. Someone who truly suspects child abuse or violence of any type should pick up the phone.

On our honeymoon at WDW we stayed at Coronado and had a king room with an adjoining room with a baby that cried ALL NIGHT the first night. Now my sister was in a different resort with a 7 week old baby as they'd traveled down for our wedding but that didn't mean I wanted to hear a crying baby for hours and hours on my honeymoon. We spoke - very nicely - with the front desk while we were headed out to dinner the second night (after listening to the baby cry again the entire time we were getting ready for dinner) and simply asked if they had another available king room to escape the noise. Not only did Coronado find us a new room they moved us while we were at dinner into our new room (and went back to get the wedding cake they'd accidentally left in the first room's fridge when we realized it was missing). I'd just ask if it was at all possible to move if the noise continues.

Last July we were staying at the Poly in the most magnificent third floor room in Hawaii. With about 4 nights left to go this horrid couple checked into the room next door. The woman was smoking on the balcony. I immediately called down to the concierge in the Hawaii building and they sent someone walking and they observed her smoking so security came to the door and talked to them. Then she proceeds to come back out on the balcony and basically screamed that with the amount of money she was paying she could do whatever the F she wants and F this and F that and F you to whoever called. :(

That was just the start of it. :scared: They overserved themselves every night in the Club lounge. It was so sad, when they and their family were in the lounge the place turned into a free for all. They were so loud and obnoxious that people left the lounge.

Then back to the room for the verbal battles. Husband screaming at her about smoking. She loved the F word. It was such a bummer. Security was at their room a lot! I think they either checked out or got kicked out so our last night so we were thankful.

I have have screaming babies and arguing couples throughout our trips but I mostly feel sorry for the parents of crying kids who are tired. Arguing couples tend to chill eventually but this was a whole new level of nightmare neighbor :faint:

Just want to let you know you’re not alone. This behavior happened to us twice last year. First time at OKW and then in Dec at CS. Kids screaming, parents screaming, kids pounding the walls and stomping on the floors, furniture scraping, kids trying to open the adjoining room door, etc. At OKW we complained and were told they could do nothing unless it happened after 11pm. The screaming would stop by 10pm and so, of course, the neighbors were never told. At CS, I was there alone with my daughter and she goes to sleep at 8pm. The next door neighbors arrived a few nights after we did, so we did have peace until then. When they arrived, it was terrible. The first night I went to the adjoining door and yelled “Be quiet!”. Very classy, I know, but it did seem to work. The second night I laid in bed and listened to this family yell at each other for two hours. They finally settled down at 10pm and I didn’t have to do anything. I don’t understand what goes on in these kinds of situations, but honestly we’ve only experience them on Disney property. At no other hotel chain have we ever heard such things, and we travel all over.

Right, I agree. I am simply posting to impart information. We see on these boards, time and time again, people telling others they MUST go to the front desk to have an issue addressed. My post is to simply let people know that is not always the case. If there is an emergency (I'm not saying OP's circumstance is an emergency), the call center WILL help you. Lots of WDW newbies on here who repeatedly get the advice not to pick up the phone to have issues addressed and, I think, in some circumstances, that's not prudent advice. OP should go to the front desk. Someone who truly suspects child abuse or violence of any type should pick up the phone.
I totally understood and agree with your post, I was referring to the post that said to tell them that it may be child abuse.

In no way without actually seeing it, telling the front desk or whatever you suspect child abuse is insane. That’s a big assumption that can get you in a lot of trouble. If I had a neighbor that was just rude or too loud. I would simply ask to be moved. In all of our visits this has never occurred. But yelling at kids or etc. Different strokes for different folks. That doesn’t make it abuse. Oh and don’t bother calling. Just go to the front desk. Always better than calling. Now if I did see abuse. Then I’d call law enforcement not Disney personnel.

This is why I bring or buy a box fan. Kids are noisy. Turn on the fan and you don't hear anything! Have one delivered from walmart, its well worth $20!

This is exactly what we do. Or use the white noise feature on a speaker. Unless people are screaming, fighting, chanting (like obnoxious teenagers) I just let it go. It's a hotel with tons of children and people are excited, out of their norm, and there is going to be noise.

Just want to let you know you’re not alone. This behavior happened to us twice last year. First time at OKW and then in Dec at CS. Kids screaming, parents screaming, kids pounding the walls and stomping on the floors, furniture scraping, kids trying to open the adjoining room door, etc. At OKW we complained and were told they could do nothing unless it happened after 11pm. The screaming would stop by 10pm and so, of course, the neighbors were never told. At CS, I was there alone with my daughter and she goes to sleep at 8pm. The next door neighbors arrived a few nights after we did, so we did have peace until then. When they arrived, it was terrible. The first night I went to the adjoining door and yelled “Be quiet!”. Very classy, I know, but it did seem to work. The second night I laid in bed and listened to this family yell at each other for two hours. They finally settled down at 10pm and I didn’t have to do anything. I don’t understand what goes on in these kinds of situations, but honestly we’ve only experience them on Disney property. At no other hotel chain have we ever heard such things, and we travel all over.

I'm sorry, but I think it is absolutely ridiculous to expect people to be quiet at Disney after 8pm.

This is exactly what we do. Or use the white noise feature on a speaker. Unless people are screaming, fighting, chanting (like obnoxious teenagers) I just let it go. It's a hotel with tons of children and people are excited, out of their norm, and there is going to be noise.

I'm sorry, but I think it is party ridiculous to expect people to be quiet at Disney after 8pm.
Absolutely maybe 1 am. But 8pm. Lol. Yep ridiculous. It’s vacation. People will party and have fun. Even a family will want to have fun. I expect to hear a lot until at least 1 am. That’s life at wdw

I'm sorry, but I think it is absolutely ridiculous to expect people to be quiet at Disney after 8pm.

Absolutely maybe 1 am. But 8pm. Lol. Yep ridiculous. It’s vacation. People will party and have fun. Even a family.

For sure! I also don't get the people who complain about "kids running down the halls in the morning" - well maybe they were hitting early entry somewhere and were, you know, excited??? Or in the afternoon, kids noisy in hall or playing in the room, and you're upset because you are napping? It's Disney, kids are here and they are loud!

Disney is one of the only places I find that kind of noise (excitable children) acceptable and expected.

- obvious disclaimer, there are always other examples and circumstances that may not describe above situation and warrant complaints.

Whether you call or go to front desk, factually report your complaint without making assumptions. Exaggerating or trying to make it seem like a bigger deal in the hopes you will get a faster response is NOT a good idea.

Our first trip to Disney, our children were 20 months old. One night, both of them fell apart. We tried walking the common resort areas away from the rooms (POR), we tried rocking, we tried turning off the lights, we tried keeping them on, we put them in our bed, we offered every toy we had, we offered them snacks and drinks, we did EVERYTHING we could think of to comfort and calm them. This went on for over 90 minutes. I seriously was in tears and my husband was stressed to the max. We actually assumed someone would call us in because I'm sure it sounded like we were abusing our children....it was that bad (at least for us). If an officer had come, I would have handed him a baby and asked him for his advice!

We felt horrible for our neighbors but didn't know what to do.

All to say, it happens! Disney is VERY over-stimulating, even when we tried to minimize things. Over the trip, we found ways to improve our situation and it didn't happen again. If you hate noise, I personally would NOT stay at a Disney resort!

That's the thing about WDW resorts, families are coming and going at all hours of the day and night. Our family much prefers arriving at the parks late morning and stay until the park closes. So if we have a RD neighbor, then they may here some noise when we come back and be upset trying to sleep, but will not think anything about making the same type of noise early in the morning when we are trying to sleep. We always try and keep the noise down, but like a PP mentioned everyone is on vacation and having fun and sometimes may be a bit loud. Just to be clear, I am not talking about yelling and screaming but sometimes if we do not catch the door it may slam or our DDs (and parents) may still talk in a little louder excited voice from having fun. I know one thing that has helped us a LOT, is that from the first night when we put our DDs down at home for a nap or for the night, we always had some kind of sounds playing, like lullaby's or nature sounds. Plus, we always left a night light on as well, and when we started going to WDW we did not have to have the room totally dark and quite for them to go to sleep. Once they are asleep, we can have the tv on and talk to each other without worrying about waking them.

I think the OPs expectations may be unreasonable, at least unrealistic. The first trip they couldn't take a nap due to the noise of kids walking, maybe running, in the room above them. Rooms aren't soundproof enough, issue is getting worse as Disney is getting rid of carpeting. For future stays OP needs to request top floor. May need some kind of ear plugs.

For sure! I also don't get the people who complain about "kids running down the halls in the morning"

I was a bit surprised at the comments saying it was ok to allow your kids to be excessively noisy at the hotels because it’s Disney and they’re kids. Why can’t you still teach your kids manners, even if it’s at Disney? I’m not talking about “normal” movement, talking, playing. I don’t think the OP was either. I’m talking about yelling, running, screaming down the halls early in the morning or late at night. I’m talking about kids running around their hotel room or stomping on the floors. Why should I be ok with excessive noise until 1am, just because it’s Disney? I honestly don’t get that. Seems very selfish and lazy to me. Kids are so smart. They can learn to use quiet feet and voices in a hotel if they are taught or reminded. Even if it’s at Disney. The fact that you spent hundreds (thousands) of dollars for your vacation at Disney doesn’t give you the right to throw manners and common sense out the window. Guess what? Others have spent hundreds (thousands) of dollars to stay there as well. There is no reason your children can’t walk quietly until you’re out of the hotel. Then let them run off some energy. I just don’t get the self entitled attitude, but I know it exists because I’ve been in hotels with families that have the same selfish attitudes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter