When you have the neighbors from H*LL

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
This is our second trip in 4 months where we have room neighbors that are less than respectful! The first time, it was just above us and there were children pounding on the floor running back snd forth for hours all day every day! No relaxing naps for us! This trip, our direct neighbors have a child that was screaming at the top of their lungs for well over an hour- the parents were yelling at the child and there was constant slamming of drawers or something! We tried to turn up the TV up a bit to drown the sound but it was so bad! The screaming, yelling, and banging finally stopped about 945pm. I am so anxious it's going to be every night (or morning) for the rest of our stay! Just wondering what you dis folks would do in this situation. We are staying in a DVC studio so it's not like there are other rooms to move us to if we asked. Thanks everyone!

It would not matter where I was staying, if this continues for one more day I woudl ask the management to step in. I don't mind "normal" noise, and would never complain about neighbors whose voices carry or kids who are crying for a littl ewhile, but screaming at each other, slamming drawers, and banging for an extended period of time? I don't pay for that kind of "entertainment" on a vacation, so I would expect themanagement to intervene.

This is our second trip in 4 months where we have room neighbors that are less than respectful! The first time, it was just above us and there were children pounding on the floor running back snd forth for hours all day every day! No relaxing naps for us! This trip, our direct neighbors have a child that was screaming at the top of their lungs for well over an hour- the parents were yelling at the child and there was constant slamming of drawers or something! We tried to turn up the TV up a bit to drown the sound but it was so bad! The screaming, yelling, and banging finally stopped about 945pm. I am so anxious it's going to be every night (or morning) for the rest of our stay! Just wondering what you dis folks would do in this situation. We are staying in a DVC studio so it's not like there are other rooms to move us to if we asked. Thanks everyone!
Call the front desk, tell them exactly what you hear and say you suspect child abuse and that someone is getting hurt.

Call the front desk, tell them exactly what you hear and say you suspect child abuse and that someone is getting hurt.
Please do not do this unless you really believe it is so. Yelling is not child abuse, even if it is an ugly way to communicate. Suggesting Child abuse is not the way to engage management because once you suggest it, there may be no going back for the family.

We also have a child and I totally understand meltdowns! This just sounds as if the child is just yelling, then crying, parents yelling, then child crying again, more banging, and so on. I mean obviously I'm not in the room so I cant be sure but it doesnt seem as if the parents are bothered by the child crying! I dont think there is abuse going on at ALL... it's not angry yells, just more of a child having a 2 hour meltdown and lots of other noise. If it happens again tomorrow after 8pm, ill call the desk.

We also have a child and I totally understand meltdowns! This just sounds as if the child is just yelling, then crying, parents yelling, then child crying again, more banging, and so on. I mean obviously I'm not in the room so I cant be sure but it doesnt seem as if the parents are bothered by the child crying! I dont think there is abuse going on at ALL... it's not angry yells, just more of a child having a 2 hour meltdown and lots of other noise. If it happens again tomorrow after 8pm, ill call the desk.

SOme parents do not hear themselves or their kids. My nephew and his wife yelled all the time. The kids never even blinked, it was their normal. After the divorce, we all were at a family wedding/mini family reunion, and I got a first hand glimpse at what traveling with them must have been like. My nephew was mostly oblivious to the kids, they were beyond noisy, he would eventually holler to them or at them, but it was all noise. I mean NOISE from those three! My poor niece finally took over and added the kids to her family so her parents could remove themselves from the chaos. My head hurts just thinking about it. The family is talking about a reunion at an all inclusive dude ranch kind of resort, and I think they need to think about lodging that is stand alone rather than the "motel" style offered there because whoever is their neighbor is going to get an earful. I know that neighbor wil not be me!

SOme parents do not hear themselves or their kids. My nephew and his wife yelled all the time. The kids never even blinked, it was their normal. After the divorce, we all were at a family wedding/mini family reunion, and I got a first hand glimpse at what traveling with them must have been like. My nephew was mostly oblivious to the kids, they were beyond noisy, he would eventually holler to them or at them, but it was all noise. I mean NOISE from those three! My poor niece finally took over and added the kids to her family so her parents could remove themselves from the chaos. My head hurts just thinking about it. The family is talking about a reunion at an all inclusive dude ranch kind of resort, and I think they need to think about lodging that is stand alone rather than the "motel" style offered there because whoever is their neighbor is going to get an earful. I know that neighbor wil not be me!

Lol!!! See that's the thing, I know and understand that some people are a bit louder than others without meaning to be! I'm just very conscious of myself and DD as I dont want to ever be disrespectful to others. Weve just happened to be next to and around people who are a bit louder than our liking lately!

Lol!!! See that's the thing, I know and understand that some people are a bit louder than others without meaning to be! I'm just very conscious of myself and DD as I dont want to ever be disrespectful to others. Weve just happened to be next to and around people who are a bit louder than our liking lately!

I bet! My DGD had night terrors, and my poor DD was a wreck when she would begin screaming in her sleep. She was upset for her DD , but also because she worried about the neighbors on the other side. We had connecting rooms, so our side was covered. It's tough.

That is probably the worst piece of advice I’ve ever heard.. unless you actually heard something that indicates abuse as in “ pls don’t hit me again etc” you have absolutely no idea what is going on.
Maybe it’s two children fighting, making it’s an overstimulated autistic child you have no idea and no right to make a in essence false claim that will probably ruin someone’s vacation at the bare minimum.
You could also be putting yourself in a position to be charged with false allegations.

OP I hope you have a peaceful rest of your vacation :)

You`re paying for your room. Go to the front desk and demand to be moved.
THIS! Go to the front desk the next morning. Years ago we were staying at the GF the week before Christmas. We had a connecting room and the 4 neighbors were drunk and loud. We called and an hour later the desk called them! The next morning went to the front desk, talked to the manager and we changed rooms.

Definitely go to the front desk and complain. At the very least they can tell you how much longer that party will be in the room so you can decide whether it's worth being moved.

We had neighbors like this staying at Paradise Pier Hotel a few years back. I went to the front desk and found out they were only staying another day so we stayed put. They also sent security up to talk to them.

This family was so over the top wild (I could tell they were body slamming the kids on the bed) that when I saw a family heading into the park the next morning, also being loud and animated, I told my daughter that was probably our neighbors. She went back to the room later in the day and actually saw them in the hall. It really had been them! They were so bad we could pick them out at the park based on their over the top behavior. It was crazy.

Definitely address this now instead of waiting. The first night is on them. Staying put and having it go on will be on you. Good luck!

I bet! My DGD had night terrors, and my poor DD was a wreck when she would begin screaming in her sleep. She was upset for her DD , but also because she worried about the neighbors on the other side. We had connecting rooms, so our side was covered. It's tough.

I used to have night terrors into adulthood and once woke up screaming bloody murder at a Disney Resort. I was so afraid security would come and wonder what the neighbors must have thought. Nothing happened. Thank God the night terrors are gone now.

I know it’s a pain to go to the front desk at night, but if you don’t get the problem resolved after calling... go to the desk.

When you call the front desk from a room at a Disney resort, you’re actually connected to an offsite call center. In theory, they should be contacting the appropriate people at your resort to take care of the issue. I’ve found that sometimes you just need to speak to someone in person.

This just happened to us on our last hotel stay too. Our DD had night terrors and we couldn't wake her or soothe her. Luckily we were on an end and the other side of us was either a stairwell or mechanical room. Otherwise I would have felt awful for bothering those around us.

Wishing the OP a quieter remainder of their stay!

Accusing parents of child abuse is a terrible method of dealing with hotel neighbors. Maybe the child is autistic. Perhaps the child is suffering from colic and that is frustrating the parents. Calling in a child abuse complaint won't help the matter. No one knows the reason the child is crying. You should have real fear for a child before accusing anyone of child abuse. Needing a good afternoon nap isn't that.

Accusing parents of child abuse is a terrible method of dealing with hotel neighbors. Maybe the child is autistic. Perhaps the child is suffering from colic and that is frustrating the parents. Calling in a child abuse complaint won't help the matter. No one knows the reason the child is crying. You should have real fear for a child before accusing anyone of child abuse. Needing a good afternoon nap isn't that.
I didn’t suggest it as a method to deal with hotel neighbors. I suggested it because it sounds like what was going on could be abbusive to a child. If it was as bad as the the OP describes, I would be concerned for the welfare of the child.

I agree with the others. Go to the front desk, explain the situation and ask to be moved. You can also ask when the other family is leaving. We, unfortunately, had a suspected domestic violence incident in the room next to us on our last trip (threats of violence, expletives and, then, furniture getting knocked around). It was all older guests, no younger children, so we could hear exactly what people were screaming and what they were threatening to do to each other. It was incredibly scary and, after calling the call center, the sheriff intervened. The front desk let us know the family was leaving that morning, otherwise, they would have moved us ASAP. Even if you are in a DVC unit, the front desk will try to find you another room if it's available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter