When You DONT Need a 7DMT FP - Help me plan a long weekend trip!

Disnerdette

Mouseketeer
I’m a longtime Disney vet and naturally a plan-everything-in-advance kinda gal. DB and I are planning a long weekend trip for somewhere between early November to late January. (FWIW, I’ve run Wine & Dine, done MK at Christmas, and marathon weekend 4 times, so I already know these are busy months :) )

Here’s our plan: arrive late evening Thursday, have three full days (Fri, Sat, Sun) with a half-ish day Monday before heading home.

Here’s where I’d love help: DB is afraid of heights and self proclaimed “not a thrill ride guy.” He went to WDW once as a kid and another time with me over marathon weekend. We spent the day at Epcot, rode Soarin (we sat on the bottom row) and Spaceship Earth, and drank around the world. His favorite memory of that day is the 2.5 hours we spent in Tutto Italia drinking wine and eating tiramisu.

I’m a coaster lover but will happily forgo them this trip, but I’ve never planned a trip with someone not into the coasters. I’m stumped!

We’re both naturally early risers but may sleep in a little on vacation (alarms set at 8). We’ll definitely be making ADRs.

Should we attempt rope drop? Take a break in the afternoon? Not bother? Rides? Help a girl out! (And thanks in advance! princess:)

With only three days, I'd be up and at rope drop, but that's just me. You need to do what is right for you.

We like going during those months BECAUSE it is cool enough to NOT need an afternoon break. We go from rope drop to close. Since his favorite memory was a 2.5 hr seating at Tutto Italia, I'd simply plan a couple of those for your afternoon break. But maybe plan on just hitting the lounges in each park. AK has Nomad Lounge, HS has the outdoor lounge attached to Brown Derby or the inside lounge at 50s, EP has Tutto Gusto. There's not one at MK, but you could go over to the Poly.

As for rides, just do all the classics and ones you know he will enjoy. Maybe spend some time at MK exploring Tom Sawyer Island. Do the Phineas and Ferb missions at EP World Showcase.

I usually do trips like what you are describing except I arrive on a Wednesday afternoon. LOL I normally don't book my first fp until 10:30am because I never know if I'll be up for rope drop or not these days.

I normally take a break if it's hot out but if it's not hot, just plan on some downtime at a TS restaurant for a break and you'll be good.

As far as rides - there are so many in MK to do that aren't coasters - Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Buzz Lightyear, Peter Pan, Voyage of the Little Mermaid and more.

In Epcot I normally go through the Seas building and the Land Building for the air conditioning and ride Spaceship Earth and Frozen and maybe you can get him to ride Test Track.
Then spend time meandering through World Showcase enjoying the shows back there and having some drinks.

For AK, there is touring the animal areas and paths, riding the safari, enjoying the musicians in Africa while grabbing a drink at the Dawa bar, plus wandering through Pandora. I really like to eat at Tiffins and relax too. Since he isn't a thrill ride guy, I'd skip EE and FOP and Dinosaur although if it's me I ride all of those. LOL

I normally don't spend much time in DHS so don't have much advice for that park except the Tune In Lounge is great as is the Lounge area outside of the Hollywood Derby. Maybe he would enjoy the Indiana Jones Stunt show too. My next trip I'll be spending a full day at that park so I'll see what I've been missing.

Why give up coasters and thrill rides if you love them? Ride them by yourself and do the other rides with your husband. That's what we do when we go to amusement parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter