When will the POR pool rehab be completed?

Sandi

A proud Spartans fan.
I understand it is being rehabbed in January (now). We're planning a 2/17 - 2/22 trip. Will it be done? Anyone know how it's going now?

Hi Sandi!

I found this on Deb Will's site:

NEWS: We just received a letter today - 12/17/02 reporting that Port Orleans'Ol' Man Island pool and jacuzzi will be closed to guests beginning Jan 6, 2003 so we may begin this refurbishment effort. We expect the work to be completed by February 8, 2003. The letter says there are 4 other quiet pools nearby at Aligator Bayou or Magnolia Bend for your enjoyment. In addtion, our Doubloon Lagoon pool at French Quarters will continue to be available to our guests.

Hope that helps! :)

Yes, Misti, that was very helpful. Just what I needed to know. Now, I wonder if they'll meet their schedule . . .

I spoke with a CM at the bike rentals yesterday. He said that the construction did begin as scheduled, but that they were told 'roughly' 4-5 weeks. Weather could have a lot to do with the actual completion date. We're hoping they have sunny skies, as we arrive on Feb. 8!!

Yes, on schedule is the key. You never know with Disney! I would think with something like a pool rehab they should pretty much be in-line with their expectations though. Let's hope! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter