When Will The Dining Plan Return?

Carolynleanne

Canadian Disney mom
Any guesses when the dining plan will return? It'll be two years between our trips (going end of next year, November 2021) so we really want to splurge with the dining plan. Think we've got a shot? Or will it be years before we see it come back?

Obviously I don't think we can "know" but I would be certain they will come back eventually just because they're a big money maker -
But i would think when more dining options are available, more locations are open, and the park is back to normal operating hours so perhaps by 2022? 2023?

Who can say?

I think they WILL for sure come back, just don't kow when.

I don’t think it will be until most dining locations are open and that more of full menus return.

That for sure makes sense, there's just no way to know when that'll happen, haha. A year? Two? I can't even wrap my head around what our trip NEXT November will look like... but I know we'll have a great time no matter what :)

Hopefully when more restaurants open with fuller menus. Although it would be cool if they at least had a quick service plan since that is the main thing open right now.

I think it WILL be back, just not sure when. I assume when all or most restaurants are open with full capacity. DDP has been a huge success for WDW and I can't see it going away permanently.

Just curious, but why do you hope dining plans never come back?
I agree with the sentiment. Since the inception of the DDP, the menu offerings at all TS restaurants on property have severely degraded to the point that each now has 6-8 offerings and most have very similar options. Prior to the DDP, menus were much larger and had much more variety for the flavors and techniques of the specific restaurant. But, this is coming from someone that has only utilized the DDP once and that was way back in 2009. Being semi-local, with APs and using our DVC points we never even have the option to get the dining plan as we never book packages.

I agree with the sentiment. Since the inception of the DDP, the menu offerings at all TS restaurants on property have severely degraded to the point that each now has 6-8 offerings and most have very similar options. Prior to the DDP, menus were much larger and had much more variety for the flavors and techniques of the specific restaurant. But, this is coming from someone that has only utilized the DDP once and that was way back in 2009. Being semi-local, with APs and using our DVC points we never even have the option to get the dining plan as we never book packages.
I would like to say that while I can agree with you I would like to point out that most people complain if there are not "normal"foods on the menu especially kids menus, I remember when BOG opened & the Skipper Canteen. They also lose their minds if things get taken off or changed. We used to love how at California Grill the menu changed all the time even if we went twice on one trip things would change. So I don't think it can blamed all on the Dining Plan

I too would like to see the demise of the dining plan if it would bring back better food to WDW. We never get the dining plan. It doesn't work for our family and our eating habits.

I agree with no dining plan! It has never been an advantage for my family to buy the plan and it has really hurt the dining quality at Disney!! People like it for convenience I get that but you can charge everything to the resort/magicband anyway! That is convenient enough for me!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter