• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When typically is Jersey week?

roliepolieoliefan

DIS Veteran
We were planning to visit WDW in Nov of next year. Someone on another forum said the first week of November is very crowded due to Jersey week. Is this true?

Yes, it's true........

Check on-line for some 2004 NJ School Calenders. Look for the Teacher's Convention (Usually a Thursday and Friday in November). When these two days occur the same week as Veterans Day and or Election Day (Presidential in 2004) you can get a full 9 days at Disney without missing much school.

... for the 2004 NJ Teachers Convention. I believe it was November 4-5. This year, school was also closed the Monday following teachers convention in observance of Veteran's Day, as I recall.

We are thinking of going Nov. 4-8 next year. Can anyone else comment as far as the typical weather and crowds during this week? I've been in Feb., May and late Sept. in recent years, but never in November. Is it a lot more crowded than in May? Is the weather comparable to early Feb.?? Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Sarah

We were at WDW during Jersey Week in 2000 and again this year. We used FP extensively, but never waited in a line more than 10 or 15 minutes and walked on a lot of rides.

In 2000 the weather was PERFECT. This year it was a little on the warm, humid side and it rained one afternoon. But, it still beat the weather back home!

is the date for the NJ Teacher's Convention. We were at the world during this week in 2000, and vowed to NEVER do it again!!! It is more crowded than a normal off time, but many people we know go during this week and just love it. It really is a personal decision.

We too used FP, manchurianbrownbear, but didn't make out nearly as well. Some rides we still waited 30 minutes for, and never walked on anything. We had less wait time when we were there in August!! Again, just my two cents worth.:wave2:

BTW, a colleague of mine (we are teachers in NJ!!) always goes to Universal during teacher's convention and always says how empty it is. We h ave never been there, so I can't compare!!

Deb::MinnieMo

I have been at WDW on the past four "Jersey Weeks" and I would NOT consider it "very crowded" except for maybe Saturdays.

It might be "crowded" for an off-season week, but I haven't had any problems with lines, especially on weekdays.

I should probably elaborate, in addition to using FP, we also followed all the advice we received from DISers; hitting "slow-loaders right away, going to parks the day after their EE day, etc...

And, it has been over 20 years since I've been to WDW any other time of year, so I don't have anything to compare it to. We may have been in the right place at the right time, but we've been very happy about crowds during "Joizy Week"!

Sounds like it's definitely more crowded than in, say, October or mid-November (before Thanksgiving) but bearable. My biggest complaint about going in May was that the crowds were moderate, but it was so hot (mid 90s) that I had no energy to wait in even a 15-minute-long line!

Is anyone else planning to go in 2004?? What dates will you be in the World?? Where will you be staying? We haven't decided yet... I'm so excited to begin planning this trip! It will have been a year and a half since the last trip when we go in Nov. -- waaaaayyyyy too long, imo!!! :)

Thanks again,
Sarah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter