When to throw in the towel?

As many others said, don't worry about not getting two or three hot FPs. Since you haven't been in twenty years, there are tons of things to see that have changed over the years.

You can use MDE with a swan stay - we're staying at the Dolphin this month and I have it added to my account. It wasn't automatic, but I was able to add it about a week after we made the reservation with the confirmation #. I can't imagine first week of February is so crazy that you wouldn't be able to get ANY reservations or FP+ choices. My husband and I booked a stay over the first weekend in October with less than 30 days to go and I was able to scramble together everything we wanted with the exception of FoP. We could have gone at rope drop and done standby but I knew we were going back so we just skipped it. We didn't get a FP+ for the SDMT until we were in the park but checking for it paid off.

How did I not know a person could use MDE for a Swan stay? Learned something new today, thanks!

I thought the FOP SR line - which was in fact built and had a sign on opening day - has never been used. Has that changed?

:wizard:
I mean the woman in front of us used it successfully so I'm gonna say yes but it was just coincidence that we saw someone using it.

How did I not know a person could use MDE for a Swan stay? Learned something new today, thanks!
OK...

MDE = My Disney Experience - available of course to everyone, so that was likely a typo by the PP
ME or DME = Disney's Magical Express - available to Disney resort hotel guests

If DME covers Swan & Dolphin, that is a recent thing. I stayed at Swan twice last year and DME was not available as Swan/Dolphin are not Disney properties. I was surprised to read the PP claiming otherwise.

A quick check of what Disney says can be found here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/magical-express/ - click the "Resort Hotels Serviced by Disney’s Magical Express" line and Swan & Dolphin are not on the list. Does anyone have a solid information to the contrary?

:wizard:

Unfortunately, they do not serve breakfast to the 3000+ attendees so that is going to be a madhouse, but I will definitely let my partner know about the options for him.
What the...? What the heck conference of this size does not include breakfast? I've never heard of that in my 20+ years of conference attendance.

Just go and have a great time. In planning our last trip we couldn't get all of the fast passes that we wanted but between the ones that we had, and waiting on a few lines, and rope drop we had a blast.

What the...? What the heck conference of this size does not include breakfast? I've never heard of that in my 20+ years of conference attendance.
I work in the medical field and go to very large conferences (5-10K people) including at the Swan and Dolphin a couple years ago; breakfast has never been included :(

Wow.

So, what happens then when there are 5000 people all looking for breakfast at once? Does the Swalphin handle that OK?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter