When to go if I want to see Pixar Pier & Paint the Night?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Nanabug02, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Nanabug02

Nanabug02 DIS Veteran

Ok, I'm trying to plan a 4 night trip to Disneyland in 2018, but want to be sure and see the Paint the Night parade and the new Pixar Pier stuff. Originally, I was thinking mid May, but now it looks like Pixar Pier won't be open yet. Does everyone think beginning of July would be better to guarantee it will all be open and running? Or what about beginning of September? I'm also worried about them pulling the Paint the Night parade again... I really want to see it. Expert advice or thoughts?

2. cmarsh31

cmarsh31 DIS Veteran

We're going in early/mid-July. I'm hoping for some expert advice too!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Wondering about this as well. Not stressing though as our next visit isn't planned until early December 2018.

5. HydroGuy

HydroGuy DIS Veteran

nottellin' and OKW Lover like this.
  6. longtimedisneylurker

longtimedisneylurker DIS Veteran

The parades and fireworks are supposed to return by April 13 according to the referenced blog. There is no official re-opening date yet for the pier. I believe the most Disney has said on the subject is that the Incredicoaster and other Pixar Pier attractions would open for "summer 2018".

smartlabelprint likes this.
  7. jonahsmommy

jonahsmommy Mouseketeer

I'm also trying to decide when to book, June or July. Hurry up Disney! We want to make plans! :)

calilou likes this.
  8. HydroGuy

HydroGuy DIS Veteran

If it was not official before, it is now.

See https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...favorites-coming-to-disneyland-resort-in-2018

:wizard:

9. Niltiac

Niltiac DIS Veteran

It is official that Pixar Fest begins April 13, but Pixar Fest is just the fireworks and parade, and probably some other odds and ends. What people are saying is not official is the opening date for the rides on the pier, which according to that link is still just "Summer."

I think we can all agree that it's awfully confusing of them to have Pixar Fest starting before Pixar Pier is open. I bet there will be a lot of people showing up after April 13 thinking everything will be open.

ETA, for clarification this is what that link says about the pier:

Pixar Pier – This summer, during Pixar Fest, this permanent transformation of the Paradise Pier area will open, featuring four Pixar-themed neighborhoods, the new Incredicoaster (a transformed California Screamin’), a new Pixar-themed lounge and grill and LOTSO more!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  10. HydroGuy

HydroGuy DIS Veteran

Thanks. The OP seemed concerned about Paint the Night and previously I could not find anything from Disney that confirmed April 13 even though that was the rumor. I was really just confirming PTN here. :)

:wizard:

11. Niltiac

Niltiac DIS Veteran

Oh, gotcha. I thought you were saying that was the date for both the pier and the parade, which I think are easily confused with the way Disney worded the pier statement.

12. DreamtheImpossible

DreamtheImpossible Mouseketeer

I booked for late June (20-25th) so I'm hoping it's then! (I'm also hoping that's not the first week cuz it'll be super busy if it is. :rotfl2:)

13. gottalovepluto

gottalovepluto DIS Veteran

I'd go early Aug in an attempt to get full summer sched and maximize chances of Pixar Pier being open.

SeiterClan likes this.
  14. deedubb

deedubb Always Grumpy, except when at Disney!

We're thinking of going back this summer just to see PTN again. It was that good! Saw it during their 60th. We usually go to WDW but I really want to see PTN again. I so miss the night parades.

julesann, tzeitel and SeiterClan like this.
  15. SeiterClan

SeiterClan Mouseketeer

What time did they show PTN at DL & what time do you think it will show at DCA?

16. Skyegirl1999

Skyegirl1999 1st pickle of the day!

During the summer it has to be late to actually happen in the dark. DL usually did two parades at like 8:45 and 10:30 (so before and after fireworks) but I’m not sure how they’ll handle that at DCA since they close at 10.

SeiterClan likes this.
  17. SeiterClan

SeiterClan Mouseketeer

That's helpful thanks! I also wonder what times they will choose because won't the parade route go past right where WOC is?!?

18. disneyland_is_magic

disneyland_is_magic Mouseketeer

Okay do you actually know that the Pixar fireworks and PTN will run nightly? Looking to book soon after it starts and wonder if the fireworks will be weekend only.