When to BOOK, Poly?

nickynick

Earning My Ears
Hello . I would like to take my family to Disney World and stay at the Polynesia , for mid August 2017. When is the best time to book, to make sure I get a room? Furthermore , when will they post discounts or package deals for August 2017? Thank you for your time and help.

You can post up to 500 days ahead of the last day of your trip. What I do is book as soon as I can, so I get the type of room I want (we love theme park view, so I don't wait). Then I watch for a discount that fits my timeframe. I actually use my AAA agent to book. I am the one who must watch for the discount, but she is the one who is on the phone for hours as needed to update my package with the new code!:flower1:

As a little bit of a savings, I would consider a DVC rental.

Rental = Standard $2448, Lake $2928

Direct Disney = Standard $3811.50
Lake was not available for booking but i would expect the price to be above $4000. Even if you manage to get a discount of 25% it still work out better to do a rental.

There are a couple reputable rental companies who you can go with and for some reason through disney there is no lake view availability in Aug, but DVC seems to have some. Just an option to consider. I hate when people over pay for a room. Our first trip to disney was a DVC rental and it was a very smooth process, you can still add on the disney express and the dining plan if you choose. The only difference is that there is no daily maid service, which for us is sometimes better. We loved it so much and saw the savings in actually buying a contract ourselves.

In the past, mid-August has been one of the cheapest times to book The Polynesian Resort (it is very hot and humid so crowds not too bad). Google 'disney agency exclusive offers'. They do not have these discounts out yet, so keep checking back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!