When to book BBB

Jaime76

Earning My Ears
Sorry for another question but I'm totally new to Disney.
I want to take my daughter to the BBB. Is it best to use it on the day of our magic morning and book it a little bit later? Like around 10 so we can still do some early rides? Or better to book on a normal day first thing?

Thanks

Definitely don't use your early morning on it. Still better to do it fairly early though so you can enjoy it all day and have time for lots of photos.

Last edited:
We have not done BBB at DLR (yet). But, we have done the former Anna & Elsa's Boutique, which was in Downtown Disney. DD had an 8:00 AM reservation, and not only was that a bit challenging for us to make (getting up, getting ready, having breakfast, etc.) it also meant that we missed the Early Entry that morning.

For our upcoming January 2019 trip, I made her BBB appointment for around 11:00 AM on a day when there is EE at Disneyland. (We stay onsite). That way, we can (try to) make Early Entry, ride some rides, have breakfast, and then go to her appointment before eating lunch. I think this will work well for us. And, she will still have a good amount of time to look fancy the rest of the day!

I'd definitely do it mid-late morning the first day you're there for maximum enjoyment time. The hairstyle can last two whole days (if your daughter can stand it - they do pull it pretty tight).

they use sooooo much hairspray, it will easily last most of your trip. I would do it earlier in the day, early in your trip, OR on a day that you have planned to do a lot of character meets (especially if you're doing a package where she's getting a dress and wants to meet that princess.) Do not use MM on it though - 10 or 11 is good.

Does Disneyland's BBB still do adults? I know both DL and WDW use to, however I know the last time I was at WDW they said they no longer took adults so was just curious about DL? Thank you.

Does Disneyland's BBB still do adults? I know both DL and WDW use to, however I know the last time I was at WDW they said they no longer took adults so was just curious about DL? Thank you.
No, DL's doesn't do adults, either. I think ten is the age cutoff now.

I like to do it after lunch. Gives us time to enjoy the morning doing rides and eat without having to worry about spilling on her new dress. Gives us plenty of time for pictures and to enjoy wearing her new dress. BBB can take awhile so I want her fed and happy to pose for pictures after instead of needing to eat. Plus she usually wants to track down the character she is dressed up like so we have time for that. Have fun!

How early do you have to book this? Can you get reservations close to your date or do they fill up fast?

BBB takes reservations up to 60 days in advance. I just called this week for an appointment on January 15 or 16, and there were several available slots. That said, mid-January is not a busy time at DLR. I would make your appointment as early in advance as possible.

Definitely make it as soon as you know you want to do it. We have had times when we waited too long and couldn't get an appointment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter