When the Going Gets Tough the Tough Go to Disney World. A Jan 2019 Solo PTR Update 11/24

I totally missed that you enjoy watching See ya reel soon! I love watching them!! They are local to me and I have daughter similar to Lee’s age. I sent them a message if she wanted to have a play date and totally fangirled when she messaged me back.

That’s so awesome! I hope you get to set up that play date! I haven’t had a chance to watch any of the new videos with Lee yet but I think a SYRS binge watch might need to happen soon. Oh and I hope you had a great anniversary (you mentioned it in the Jan 2019 thread) :)

Happy (Late) Birthday to me I’m going to Disney World (Kinda)

Hi everyone I’m back with another update! It’s time to get into the nitty gritty of planning as we get closer and closer to ADR day so expect to hear a lot more from me!

Well maybe not a lot more for the next few weeks... the show I’m working on at a community theatre near me is went into tech starting Tuesday between that and upcoming craziness at work by the end of next week I will be a puddle on the floor but I should be back in fine form for ADR day!

First thing out of the way mom update!

Things are looking good her hair is growing back slowly. I know it’s a minor thing but it’s important to her :) it’s also super soft we’re still waiting to discover if it will be straight or curly it’s still too short to tell right now. But her Oncologist also said she gets a 2 month break from follow ups so that’s a step in the right direction! She’s currently in PT to help with the muscle’s in her chest and arm that are all messed up from her mastectomy and such.

Now lets talk about that title shall we?

So you all remember last update when I was all ready to book my trip and super excited? Guess who chickened out?

Yup that’s right me! The hardest thing about doing this solo trip for me is going to be nerves I’m such a Nervous Nellie!

Never fear though! Things are still happening but a little more to the story first.

I was super close to cancel.... I mean rescheduling my trip my boss and a few of my co-workers are traveling for a work event the week before my trip and after a little panic over exactly when in January their trip was vs when mine was planned for (to which I remembered I purposely planned it after that event because I knew at least my boss would be gone duh!) I told them I would move the trip back a week because it’s still cutting it super close to when they come back and when I leave in fact I became pretty insistent on it because it was just me and nothing was booked yet so I wasn’t tied to a schedule. Until some of my lovely friends pointed out I was really just looking for a way out. I was looking for an excuse not to go or to delay the trip and they told me to just do it already!

So 3 days after my Birthday Booking I’m going to Disney! Kinda...

Kinda in that I booked my flights but not my Disney Package yet. But I have my flights so I’m as good as committed right?

I’m super happy with the flights I got I’ll arrive at MCO around 10:30 and Leave around 2:30 10 days later.

Of course I still booked the refundable ticket option because nervous nellie.

My friend called me out again the other day because I’m stalling on booking my package and she’s right. So I need to get that done this weekend so I’ll try to stop by again early next week before I’ve completely turned into a puddle.

Glad your mom is doing well!

Booking the flight is a big step, now you just need to get on booking that package!

The Not so Fun Part of Vacation

Hello Disney Friends! This update has taken a little longer then I thought. The show I’m working on really wore me down and I ended up getting a nasty cold that kept me down for over a week. I’m still not 100% but I’m very glad to be about 90% better.

I don’t have much of a mom update. Her next follow up isn’t until the end of August. Otherwise things are still pretty much the same as the last time I stopped by.

Now the Disney stuff you all want to hear or... read...

As of July 7th

I’M OFFICIALLY GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!

That’s right! It’s official! My package is booked!

9 nights/10 Days January 2019 Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room Deluxe Dining Plan!

Now comes the Not so Fun part.... paying for it. I’m hoping to have it paid off by Thanksgiving.

I know it’s unlikely but I’m also hoping for a discount in October so I can pay it off sooner.

This trip is coming up fast! ADR day is Saturday! Here is the current list of ADR’s I plan to make.

Ohana Breakfast
BOG Lunch
1900 Park Dinner
Tusker (ROL Package) Breakfast
BOG Breakfast
Akershus Breakfast (hopefully changing to Disney on Broadway Package when those are released in October)
Cape May Breakfast
Hollywood and Vine (fantasmic Package) Dinner
CRT Breakfast
Tony’s (FOF Package)
Crystal Palace Dinner
Bon voyage Breakfast
Chef Mickey’s Dinner
Garden Grill Breakfast!

I’ll be back soon to tell you how Saturday went!

The Not so Fun Part of Vacation

Hello Disney Friends! This update has taken a little longer then I thought. The show I’m working on really wore me down and I ended up getting a nasty cold that kept me down for over a week. I’m still not 100% but I’m very glad to be about 90% better.

I don’t have much of a mom update. Her next follow up isn’t until the end of August. Otherwise things are still pretty much the same as the last time I stopped by.

Now the Disney stuff you all want to hear or... read...

As of July 7th

I’M OFFICIALLY GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!

That’s right! It’s official! My package is booked!

9 nights/10 Days January 2019 Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room Deluxe Dining Plan!

Now comes the Not so Fun part.... paying for it. I’m hoping to have it paid off by Thanksgiving.

I know it’s unlikely but I’m also hoping for a discount in October so I can pay it off sooner.

This trip is coming up fast! ADR day is Saturday! Here is the current list of ADR’s I plan to make.

Ohana Breakfast
BOG Lunch
1900 Park Dinner
Tusker (ROL Package) Breakfast
BOG Breakfast
Akershus Breakfast (hopefully changing to Disney on Broadway Package when those are released in October)
Cape May Breakfast
Hollywood and Vine (fantasmic Package) Dinner
CRT Breakfast
Tony’s (FOF Package)
Crystal Palace Dinner
Bon voyage Breakfast
Chef Mickey’s Dinner
Garden Grill Breakfast!

I’ll be back soon to tell you how Saturday went!

YAY FOR OFFICIALLY BEING BOOKED!

I like all your dining choices - we are actually have two TS leftover that have not been planned yet :eek

YAY FOR OFFICIALLY BEING BOOKED!

I like all your dining choices - we are actually have two TS leftover that have not been planned yet :eek

I actually had originally accounted for 2 more ADR reservations but decided to leave them open. I think those are going to be my open decide what I want to do in the moment type things.

Yay for being booked!!!

It's done wonders for my excitement level!

The Excitement Is Real!

1664804_1.jpg

Hi everyone I'm back with your ADR update!! Saturday went SUPER well! I'll admit I've never really had a problem getting ADR's that I'm happy with! But I was going after a couple big ticket ADR's this year so I was a little nervous but I'm happy with everything I got!

My plan was to be up at 5:00 Am which is when online reservations open where I live. But after being at the theatre till 11:00 the night before... I overslept... I did wake up at 6:30 and was still able to get everything! So don't worry about it if you are also planning a trip! But I will also say that I was pretty flexible with my times. So here's what I got and on what days. I will say every breakfast is a PPO!

Day 1 January 24th: No ADR's this day because of flights and stuff. But I might make a last minute ADR depending on how I'm feeling. But the food plan is Breakfast: Airport Lunch: Backlot Express Dinner:?

Day 2 January 25th: Breakfast: Ohana Lunch: Be Our Guest Dinner: 1900 Park Fare

Day 3 January 26th: Breakfast: Tusker House Lunch: Yak and Yeti QS Dinner:?

Day 4 January 27th: Breakfast: Be Our Guest Lunch: I'm probably skipping lunch this day because I'm doing 4 Parks one day this day!!! Dinner:?

Day 5 January 28th: Breakfast: Akershus (Hopefully eventually changing this to the broadway dining package) Lunch: La Cantina de San Angel Dinner:?

Day 6 January 29th: Breakfast: Cape May Lunch: Woody's Lunch Box Dinner: Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic Package

Day 7 January 30th: Breakfast: Cinderella's Royal Table Lunch: Tony's (Festival of Fantasy Package) Dinner: Chef Mickey

Day 8 January 31st: Breakfast: Bon Voyage Lunch:? Dinner: Crystal Palace

Day 9 February 1st: Breakfast: Garden Grill Lunch:? Dinner:?

Day 10 February 2nd: Breakfast: Riverside Mill Food Court Lunch: Airport

and that's it I'll admit I got weirdly emotional booking the last few reservations...

I'm so excited to have one more thing done!! I don't know about you but the wait from 180 days to 60 days feels like 8 million years! I never know what to write about between 180 and 60 days so let me know if you have any ideas!

It’s Discount Time!

Hi everyone, I have a love hate relationship with this update so let’s say we just get the hard part over with...

I had done some planning and had the PTR open to update whn my mom comes and sits down next to me and says that one thing you never want to hear... She has cancer again... so I was kinda out of whack and took a few days off disboards... which quickly turned into a month away... she had more tests done the next week and we found it had spread to one of her leg bones making her officially stage 4. Part of me wants to be like it’s ok and we’ll get through it and enjoy the time we have blah blah. But I’m not going to lie it totally sucks.

There was a part of me that really wanted to cancel my trip but if I’ve learned anything over the last year it’s that I can’t stop living my life because of what’s going on with my mom. If she takes a bad turn before I go I’ll simply postpone the trip to May and if I have to postpone again after that I will. But I feel like the worst thing I can do for myself is cancel the trip entirely.

Ok enough sad stuff on to the Disney stuff!

That original PTR update was supposed to be about this really crazy thing I did...
I booked a character couture makeover for myself... I debated so hard about this... I really wanted to do it but it wasn’t really fitting in with my plans and I was debating just how much moving I was willing to do. But then I got a nice big Gift Card from my Disney Visa.... and that felt like an appropriate use for that gift card! So I canceled my Tony’s Festival of Fantasy Package and called Disney Spa’s and booked my appointment. That was one of the most awkward phone calls! And not even because of anything the CM did. Phone Calls are just always awkward things for me! But usually I can get over it but I just couldn’t this time for some reason.

Then this morning! After really not wanting to get out of bed. I started browsing Facebook and what do I see! 2019 discount’s appeared! I just about jumped out of bed and hopped on the Disney site I saved $300!

I can’t believe in 4 month’s I’ll be in Disney! There’s still so much to do!

It’s Fasspass day!

I hope you all don’t mind I’ve been away for so long.... My mom is not handling her chemo well at all and we’ve all just been on the struggle bus for the last few months. I’m barely excited for my trip anymore and it’s hard to get motivated to plan and work on things... I’m hoping 10 days away will help me get back to myself... I try to go with the fake it till you make it philosophy but sometimes it’s just too hard...

Anyway today was a big morning! It was fastpass morning! I had a different strategy then most Disney planners I think. I only made a few fast passes I tried to leave several days relatively unscheduled to just be able to go with the flow.

I’m hoping to start sharing daily plans as time goes on! But I have a few more things to finalize first!

I leave for Disney in 2 days!

I really can’t believe it!

Quick and final mom update she’s doing... better.... we changed her chemo and she seams to be tolerating this one better. It’s been nice to not have her feeling so miserable.

I never got around to posting my daily plans... I barely got them put together for myself but I do have something else I want to share.

I’ve started several social media accounts to share my trip!

You can find me on instagram at itsadisneykindofday

Or on Twitter itsadisneyday

Or on YouTube at It’s a Disney Kind of Day!

Thanks so much for reading along and I’ll see you when I’m back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter