• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When Should We Go & A Few More Questions

lme714

Earning My Ears
We are planning a short notice trip to Disneyland. We are 2 adults and our 2 daughters – 2 .5 and almost 5. This will be our kids first trip to Disneyland and we plan to go in a few years (2 – 4) going forward. My husband and I went in September 2008 and spent 2 days. We know that this will be a very different trip.

We have a few questions in trying to plan our trip:

What week should we go? We will probably go Saturday to Sunday (7 nights in Anaheim and our final night at LAX with a 6 am flight home). We are hoping to go during a less busy time and we are considering the following weeks:
September 21 – September 28
September 28 – October 5
October 19 – October 26
November 2 – November 9
November 9 – November 16

Other Considerations regarding the week we select (in order of importance):
•Wait Times for Rides
•Weather - prefer average daytime highs of 24 - 29 (greater than 30 may be too hot and less than 23 may be too cool for the pool
•Availability of hotel (accommodation)
•Shows – we understand that the shows will be primarily on the weekend
•Park Hours –will be there for opening but will not stay past supper except on the last Friday night

Is 5 days at the park enough (3 DL / 2 CA)? If so, should we go with 5 day regular – or should we upgrade to the park hopper?

We are thinking of the Howard Johnson (if available)? If it is unavailable what would be the next best option for decent hotel with a pool?

Thanks in advance:)

I'd go Sept 21-28 or October 19-26 because that would be the lowest crowd time out of what you picked with the most rides up. You will hit Gay Days with the Sept 28-Oct 5 and that can get pretty busy. The Superheroes Marathon weekend is Nov 14, I believe, and Nov 2-9 would be good but you may not be able to swim and rides may be closed (specifically Its a Small World).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter