• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When people come with you...

manning said:
If it was me it would have been dueling calculators. I would have pulled mine and figured out their portion of the room charge, subtracted our portion and announce "get out your check book, your share is bigger!!" :rotfl: :rolleyes:

"And don't let the door hit you on the way out!"

I guess I shouldn't have been shocked - and this is a true story. Same sister - we went to their place for xmas one year and when we were leaving, she pulled out a grocery receipt with items highlighted. She said "I added up everything we all ate when you were here and divided it, so you owe...." My husband walked out of the house at that particular moment. After I was able to close my mouth, I said "Oh wait (dug through my purse) and said here is the receipt for the diapers, formula, baby food and prescription for the baby. I guess you should subtract that since we didn't take the meds, wear diapers or drink formula or eat any of the baby food." Yes, I lowered myself to her level, I know. When I got in the car, my husband said "I didn't hear what I thought I did, did I?" I said "You sure did, but I got the last laugh." I guess I thought, that many years later, things changed, but apparently they didn't.

The other thing that annoyed us was they seemed to think that when the "bill" was put under the door on check-out morning, it was for them. They opened it and then promptly dropped it in our hands. Talk about nerve! Like I said.....once naive....twice a fool. We won't be fools.

On another note, we can't wait for our best friends to come with us -- and expect nothing in return -- a simple thank you is enough (from anyone). We just want to spend time together.

CRSNDSNY said:
Robin - was that the last time they vacationed with you?

No, we now know what to expect from them. The gift of the room and the park passes were just that: a gift. They were really under no obligation to "pay" for them in any way. I *thought* they had picked up the meals for us and was shocked to find that was not their intention.

We have only had two guests not buy us at least a dinner or two. One was a friend and her son who were going through a divorce, and I didn't expect it. The other was a co-worker/friend and his wife. They very much COULD afford it, but we never got anything more than a verbal thank you from them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter