When Max Pass Purchase

Mom2Joce

It all started with a...
So can I purchase the Max Passes before we get there? Or do u wait til u get in the park?

I have the same question. It seems like I can buy it online at Disneyland.com at the same time I buy my Parkhoppers so I'm assuming the Max Passes are linked but if I buy the parkhoppers from a 3rd party then I heard I need to step into the park on the day of entry to buy the max passes. I would prefer to have them in the app and ready to go. Just one less thing to juggle that day. It's been a few years since we've been to Disneyland, need to brush up on the plan of attack all over again

I have the same question. It seems like I can buy it online at Disneyland.com at the same time I buy my Parkhoppers so I'm assuming the Max Passes are linked but if I buy the parkhoppers from a 3rd party then I heard I need to step into the park on the day of entry to buy the max passes. I would prefer to have them in the app and ready to go. Just one less thing to juggle that day. It's been a few years since we've been to Disneyland, need to brush up on the plan of attack all over again
You have it correct! You can add maxpass to your tickets if you buy them from Disneyland directly. The caveat to that is that if you add maxpass on the Disneyland site, it will add it to ALL of the days. Some people choose to only add maxpass for some of their days, so instead, choose to not add it on the website. They will buy it on the days they want to use it when they arrive.

Tickets from 3rd party sellers, you have to add maxpass each day when you arrive.

If you have 3rd party tix, you can scan them ahead of time into the app. Also you can add a credit card ahead of time in the app. If you do that, you'll be able to purchase MaxPass with just a few clicks once your tickets are scanned. If you are lined up at the front of the line at opening, the cast members will sometimes scan your tickets a minute or two before they actually let you in - if they do you can purchase your MaxPass as soon as the scan your tickets. If it's a rope drop day without early entry, then you can set it up while you wait for rope drop.

It flows pretty well.

Andre

So we have getaway today tix and I scanned them into the Disneyland app. It looks like I can add max passes in the app but I didn’t know?!?

If you have 3rd party tix, you can scan them ahead of time into the app. Also you can add a credit card ahead of time in the app. If you do that, you'll be able to purchase MaxPass with just a few clicks once your tickets are scanned. If you are lined up at the front of the line at opening, the cast members will sometimes scan your tickets a minute or two before they actually let you in - if they do you can purchase your MaxPass as soon as the scan your tickets. If it's a rope drop day without early entry, then you can set it up while you wait for rope drop.

It flows pretty well.

Andre
So I have

So we have getaway today tix and I scanned them into the Disneyland app. It looks like I can add max passes in the app but I didn’t know?!?

So I have
Did you have to add maxpass to all the days, or could you pick only some of days to add maxpass? We have multi day tickets from GAT but don’t know if we want maxpass for all of our days. But it would be nice to be able to add it to the tickets before we get in the park.

Did you have to add maxpass to all the days, or could you pick only some of days to add maxpass? We have multi day tickets from GAT but don’t know if we want maxpass for all of our days. But it would be nice to be able to add it to the tickets before we get in the park.
You will have to add it after you get to the park, but it's quick and easy to do. You just buy one day at a time, so you don't have to purchase it every day if you don't want to.

You will have to add it after you get to the park, but it's quick and easy to do. You just buy one day at a time, so you don't have to purchase it every day if you don't want to.
Thanks! I assume one person can pay to add maxpass to all the tickets for the family that are scanned into the app?

Download the app and add it now or in the park.
Thanks! I assume one person can pay to add maxpass to all the tickets for the family that are scanned into the app?
Yes! That’s what we did but to use them that person will have to use his app to scan all the tickets. So my daughter downloaded the app and used my husband log in so she could scan as well at the rodes

Download the app and add it now or in the park.

Yes! That’s what we did but to use them that person will have to use his app to scan all the tickets. So my daughter downloaded the app and used my husband log in so she could scan as well at the rodes
You can do it that way, or everyone can scan the tickets into their own accounts, as well. The tickets don't care where they live. They can live in one account that everyone logs into, or they can live in several individual accounts. Whichever works best for you.

Yes, as long as everyone's tickets have been scanned into that account, one person can pay for all of the MPs. As others have said, tickets can be scanned into multiple accounts. That way, everyone can have their own ticket and everyone else's in the group if you wanted. We did that because it made it easier to manage park hopping (no more "do you have so-and-so's ticket?"; everyone had all of the tickets in their account, so it didn't matter who the kiddos were with when we hopped) and MP. In terms of purchasing MP, I would highly recommend attaching a credit card to your account before you go to the parks. One less step in the morning. We learned the hard way. My friend was going to do the MP purchase, but she had trouble associating a credit card to her account. Luckily I already had one, so it was easy for me to do it instead.

Yes, as long as everyone's tickets have been scanned into that account, one person can pay for all of the MPs. As others have said, tickets can be scanned into multiple accounts. That way, everyone can have their own ticket and everyone else's in the group if you wanted. We did that because it made it easier to manage park hopping (no more "do you have so-and-so's ticket?"; everyone had all of the tickets in their account, so it didn't matter who the kiddos were with when we hopped) and MP. In terms of purchasing MP, I would highly recommend attaching a credit card to your account before you go to the parks. One less step in the morning. We learned the hard way. My friend was going to do the MP purchase, but she had trouble associating a credit card to her account. Luckily I already had one, so it was easy for me to do it instead.
Thanks for the info! It feels like a lot of changes since our last trip in 2017, and I’m trying to catch up for our trip coming up next summer. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts