When is Your Next Royal Cruise?

Mine was supposed to leave April 13 but of course everything is canceled which I completely understand. I am still a little sad because it was supposed to be my first cruise on the brilliance of the seas. But once we receive our credit we’re looking to rebook late fall or early next year. We figure will see where everything is at about June or July

Thankfully I was able to get off my RCC March 14 without any issues (symphony of the seas). I do have a carnival cruise booked for thanksgiving week of 2020. I’m very nervous of going as I do believe the ships will be sailing again by then, but I’m afraid that the government may implement mandatory 14 days self isolation for anyone coming off cruises, and I just can’t see me doing that after every cruise I take. Anyone else worried about the potential rules that may come with people taking cruises in the future?

That's my worry too - We have an August 17 cruise on the Mariner of the Seas, but there are so many unknowns. I am worried that even if they are up and running, something like a mandatory self-isolation would prevent the kids from returning to school the next week.

Thankfully I was able to get off my RCC March 14 without any issues (symphony of the seas). I do have a carnival cruise booked for thanksgiving week of 2020. I’m very nervous of going as I do believe the ships will be sailing again by then, but I’m afraid that the government may implement mandatory 14 days self isolation for anyone coming off cruises, and I just can’t see me doing that after every cruise I take. Anyone else worried about the potential rules that may come with people taking cruises in the future?

Yes....I second both of you. We also have Mariner cruise end of August with school starting afterwards (I assume school will be running again then!). So we can't have our kids miss the first 2 weeks of school.

Our next scheduled cruise is Dec holidays. So if they don't allow kids back, then 1 week would still be Chrismas holidays but then they would miss 1 week back. Can't really do that. (DH and I are able to work from home in our jobs, but there would still be a stigma).

Hoping once they open things up and things running "normal" again, that they won't have these kind of rules (unless an outbreak and you are in contact)

I just got off the Explorer March 8 (Star Trek Cruise :flower1: ) which was right before it all really hit the fan. The next sailing was another charter which had some problems with last minute cancellations and other things, but then Explorer was supposed to go to France for some work, which was initially posted as delayed but now seems to be canceled. Before I got off the ship I rebooked for the next Star Trek cruise, also on Explorer, March 7-14, 2021. Hopefully they can squeeze the refurbishment in before that.

We have booked our very FIRST RC cruise on the Explorer of the Seas at the end of June...7 Night Greek Isles...and our first trip to Europe as well for our whole family. I just don't see that cruise happening...but they haven't cancelled yet. I don't expect it to happen...and I will most likely take the refund and then I'll have a credit on my card...and will have to think about how to handle that. With so many cruise options in Europe (we are looking particularly at Italy) we plan to regroup and replan maybe for next summer. This was going to be a land and sea thing I was planning for all of us, including some time in Disneyland Paris and extra time in Italy. I have to say I know I'm not the only one really thinking twice about a cruise though when you consider the mess that so many ships were in this year just trying to find a place to port. I think the cruise industry is going to take a while to recover from all of this.

Just wondering when your next Royal cruise (or cruises) is (are) booked? And do you think it'll go ahead?

We have:
  1. Mariner (4 night) end of August...with 4 days at Disney World beforehand
  2. Anthem (8 night) over December holidays
  3. Harmony (7 night) March 2021
Am not feeling too good about our August trip.
Trying to stay positive for our Anthem cruise (which is a re-booking of the March Anthem cruise that got cancelled)
Harmony should be good (I hope!)

How about others?

Beginning of December 2020.

I have no idea if the sailing is going to happen or if we’ll be able to travel but we’ll act as if we were going until proven otherwise.

Last edited:
I just rescheduled our May 25th that was cancelled for Aug 17th, really hoping it works out it will be our first cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter