When in 2019 will Star Wars Open? Add your Thoughts/Opinion.

When do you think Star Wars Galaxy's Edge will open at Disneyland?

• Total voters
I anticipate opening to be the end of June 2019.
I'm sure Disney would like to have it open by DL's July anniversary date.

Another question to go with this one is what will the crowds be like?
Do you think they'll be the same as when Carsland opened? Or BIGGER!

Geemo

I anticipate opening to be the end of June 2019.
I'm sure Disney would like to have it open by DL's July anniversary date.

Another question to go with this one is what will the crowds be like?
Do you think they'll be the same as when Carsland opened? Or BIGGER!

Geemo
I'm going with bigger than Carsland opening.

I think it will be much busier that CL. People that rarely or never go to DLR will come out of the woodwork to get a glimpse of the mythical land.

I'm thinking July. Possibly mid-June like Cars Land was, but not any earlier. My reasons:

--It will be the 64th anniversary time, so not a "big" one that would bring more crowds than normal. I mean, I've been there a few times on anniversaries, so I know the crowds are a bit higher, but there's nothing like the 60th events to bring tons of extra people in.

--Need at least some AP'ers blocked for decreasing the static-level crowds, and of course, because people will pay out the wazoo to go to the opening, including (especially?) blocked-level AP'ers.

I'll come up with other reasons, too, but those are my first ones.

Following, because I need to know when to avoid like the plague!!!
We probably will as well (because I could not care less about SW in general) but I'm wondering if the rest of the park will be light because most people are in SWL.

I'm thinking July. Possibly mid-June like Cars Land was, but not any earlier. My reasons:

--It will be the 64th anniversary time, so not a "big" one that would bring more crowds than normal. I mean, I've been there a few times on anniversaries, so I know the crowds are a bit higher, but there's nothing like the 60th events to bring tons of extra people in.

--Need at least some AP'ers blocked for decreasing the static-level crowds, and of course, because people will pay out the wazoo to go to the opening, including (especially?) blocked-level AP'ers.

I'll come up with other reasons, too, but those are my first ones.

Thank you for your thoughts, very interesting. I would say from prior surveys done Disney will likely block certain levels from even entering Star Wars Land when it first opens.

The reason I say May is if we look at all of the main attraction openings for te last decade or more, they typically have tried for May at the beginning of summer.

As to the discussion on the crowds, much worse than Carsland and yes it will effect the whole park.

We probably will as well (because I could not care less about SW in general) but I'm wondering if the rest of the park will be light because most people are in SWL.
Maybe first thing in the morning, but I'm thinking since all those people paid admission for the whole day they'll filter into the rest of the park too. Not everyone can handle those kinds of crowds all day long, and there are only a couple of rides going in. There are also quite a lot of people who are Star Wars fans as well as overall Disney fans, who will be interested in the whole park but needed the push of Star Wars to get them to plan a trip.

We are a Star Wars household and we're really excited about the new land, but we still haven't decided if we'll even try to go in 2019. If we do I'm planning on a one-star-wars-attraction-per-day strategy, with the rest of the day spent elsewhere in the parks. I would love to spend a few hours just looking around, but I have a feeling there will be pressing crowds and it won't be pleasant to spend much of the day there. So if others are like us, they might be there for Star Wars but they'll likely spend at least half the day in the rest of the park.

I hope it is open for us attending D23 in 2019, which likely will be July or August 2019.

The reason I say May is if we look at all of the main attraction openings for te last decade or more, they typically have tried for May at the beginning of summer.

I guess I look at it differently. Cars Land is the most recent "major" opening we have had at the resort, and that was June 15, 2012. The reopening of the DLRR, Pirates' Lair/Tom Sawyer Island, and Rivers of America, a much anticipated event, occurred July 29, 2017. Granted, the 60th Anniversary started on May 22, 2015, and that was also the start of a pretty exciting time, but not on the scale of a new land, or the reopening of re-imagined areas.

It's fun to try to figure out how they decide when they will be opening Galaxy's Edge!

Either as late as possible ( September ) or try to coincide with the release of Episode IX (9) in May ( the 4th would be awesome )
I voted for May.

I guess I look at it differently. Cars Land is the most recent "major" opening we have had at the resort, and that was June 15, 2012. The reopening of the DLRR, Pirates' Lair/Tom Sawyer Island, and Rivers of America, a much anticipated event, occurred July 29, 2017. Granted, the 60th Anniversary started on May 22, 2015, and that was also the start of a pretty exciting time, but not on the scale of a new land, or the reopening of re-imagined areas.

It's fun to try to figure out how they decide when they will be opening Galaxy's Edge!

Your right I forgot about Car's Land being a bit later. As for the River, it was meant to be earlier, but got delayed in construction. It is fun to try to figure it out, wish they would at least say summer or fall, but I would say that I think they will try to open Star Wars for summer at Disneyland and that Disney World will be in the fall as it is about 3 months behind DL.

Either as late as possible ( September ) or try to coincide with the release of Episode IX (9) in May ( the 4th would be awesome )
I voted for May.

Episode 9 has been pushed back to a December 2019 release. Dec 20, 2019.

I guess we can only wait and see. Hard when I am trying to figure out when I should plan our trip for. It would be a couples trip without the kids. I'm crazy, but not that crazy. (We have 5 kids aged 6,5,3,2,0)

I voted May...hoping/praying it is May or our vacation plans for 2019 are going to need to be revised!!

The rest of DL Park will most definitely not be uncrowded because of Star Wars Land. It’s going to make things worse. Yes SWL will soak up some of the crowds but people will move in and out all day. I can’t wait to see how this works out. I’m sure Disney will knock it out of the park as they have shown us they can. But I still cannot believe they are adding this land to DL Park. Walt’s intimate Park is already jammed full of people so much of the year.
:crowded:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!