When first booking your reservation online is there a spot for room requests?

You can make room requests if you do online check in.
Options might be really limited depending on which resort you're staying in.

You can make room requests if you do online check in.
Options might be really limited depending on which resort you're staying in.
The ability to add requests when doing on line check in has not been working for well over a year. There were a few scattered reports last week that it was working but ...
The safest, best way to make requests is to call

The ability to add requests when doing on line check in has not been working for well over a year. There were a few scattered reports last week that it was working but ...

It was working for me earlier this week and, when I just checked now, is still available for me to make changes. For Beach Club, the selection was very limited (Large Balcony, Upper Floor, Highest Floor). I'm happy to be able to request just the large balcony so I'm good. I'd rather shoot the dice than have to call, personally.

OP--You can give it a shot online. Call if it isn't working or if you have very specific requests.

Wait what, the dang room request feature for online check-in is now working again? Disney... we want you to take it off altogether, not fix it!!!! :upsidedow:upsidedow:upsidedow

FWIW, I just checked my reservations and they all have relatively legit options in the drop down menus, at the moment.

But OP, I generally recommend to call in any room requests and ask to have them noted on your reservation.

If online is working, like it is now, I'd go that route or do a touring plan fax rather then calling. I have called in requests that were not noted in the past. I have also been told by CM's over the phone that they cannot add my request because the section I'm requesting is not part of the room category I booked (which it was).

I always call in my request and then follow it up with a fax. If I do online check-in, I always skip the useless room request feature, even when it was working.

Even if the room request section of Online Check In is working, I highly recommend not using it. Even if you can see what you selected, no guarantee the room assignors will. There is still an issue on the backend that they haven't fixed yet. Your best bet is still to phone in any requests.

My arrival date is Dec 8. I already phoned in my room requests (upper floor, and either of 2 particular buildings). If I now do online check-in, will that void my phoned-in requests?

My arrival date is Dec 8. I already phoned in my room requests (upper floor, and either of 2 particular buildings). If I now do online check-in, will that void my phoned-in requests?

Doing online check-in won't negate your phoned in requests. I wouldn't mess with any room request options that show up in the online check-in window, just leave blank. This is what we do.

Doing online check-in won't negate your phoned in requests. I wouldn't mess with any room request options that show up in the online check-in window, just leave blank. This is what we do.
ok, thank you. Is there any benefit to checking in upon arrival as opposed to online? I need to be in the lobby to wait for a wheelchair delivery upon arrival so I'm wondering if it would be just as well to skip the online check-in. But I don't want to do anything stupid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter