When driving in the US.....

S'mE

I miss the old UK search!
How lost have you got???

My friend who just came back, left Sanford Airport on his first night, heading for I Drive, wanting to exit on I4 junction 29.

Ended up, junction 1 I4, Tampa....2.30am!!!!!!!

I just can't see how you can get <b> that</b> far away!!!! :)

Steve

Sounds like they took the Greeneway, that would bypass down to junction 24.

We,ve never lost anyone that far before, but have had occasions where our tried and trusted directions go totally astray if some one dosen't know their right from left.

Its interesting watching the "views" count go up, you get more of a picture as to how many are lurking out there.
dave

My theory is that they see you post....

Then they're all standing in front of their comp. screens, learning to dance and move like thefatman. :)
You'll get that Rosemary whatever out of a job, soon !!!!!!!!!.....

Next thing you know....you'll become famous and sylphlike!! :)

Friends of ours took four hours to get from Orlando International to International Drive. They've no idea where their detour took them...:rolleyes:

Hi guys :)
We got lost returning to Clearwater from Busch Gardens in '95 - don't laugh, but we ended up in Ocala.
Aw..... I did ask you not to laugh :o

The first time we wend to Florida, we got lost coming back to I/Drive from Daytona - around the Downtown Orlando area - that was very scary!

Been ok since - even when I drive!!!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Hilary
Friends of ours took four hours to get from Orlando International to International Drive. They've no idea where their detour took them...:rolleyes:

This used to be a common problem with Orlando Int.
As you drove out you were faced with two signs, Orlando and Area Attractions.
The Orlando route headed straight to downtown Orlando, the Attractions route to WDW / I drive.
I suppose Orlando seemed the logical route as thats where most people think their staying, but of course you then ended up trying to find your way back from the city centre.

TheFatman
Dave

On our first trip to Florida we landed at Sanford and headed down the Florida Greenway toll road. I had been studying every map available for week before our trip and knew the route of-by-heart! - But as soon as you are there for real, in a strange car, with no proper gear stick, on the wrong side of the road and with road signs that are as raw as pork sausages at a jewish wedding - you soon begin to panic! We missed the IDrive turn and managed to find our way to Kissimmee. Which we toured for about half and hour before accidentally finding the correct route to IDrive. We thought about stopping and asking for directions - but it was out first time in the US and all we could think of was gun toting gangsters and drug dealers waiting to steal our holiday money - or worse!

Tim

Tim - how on earth did you manage to achieve 'curry eater' status when the rest of us are striving to be veterans over here?;)

Hilary,
once your post count is 30 and you've been registered for 30 + days you can change your own status under your profiles.

Let's get posting a few more then!

(now I'll have to think of something to put there once I get to the 30:rolleyes: )

WOW "curry eater" is well cool me thinks

Hmmm now one for theFatman, in a few posts time.

Before you s****** in wonder that someond could take four hours from Orlando airport on our first trip in '95 it took us 4 hours from MCO ;) to Lake Buena Vista.At one stage in desperation we pulled into a kind of lorry car-park I've no idea where we were on our way to ,and thought we were all going to be killed! Ha Ha poor lorry drivers.

I've got more posts than you lot!! You've got to cathch up!

Karen ºOº :pinkbounc

I can't believe its asterisked out my word for laughter that rymes with bigger! We could have some fun with this!

Youve just used the n word. no no.
We have the same profanity checker on the UK UK boards as well. Astrid was telling us about episode
and the middle sod was censored !!

pausing for edit

OK so sod in the us checker is ok as in sod of turf.
just don't talk about epi***es in the UK.

I wonder how thats going to work once we all move here, two countries divided by a common language.
hmmm

Thefatman
Dave

We only arrived home today and i'm sure we got somewhat lost at least every second day. We did make it from Sanford airport to the hotel without any incident but from there things only got worse!! Not drastic, we always managed to get back on course without going too far astray. It's hard to watch for the signs when they are right over the exit you want, if you're in the wrong lane - tough. it's all part of the FUN though :)

Juliain

I remember a Jasper Carrot sketch from sometime ago, basically there was a car license plate in the USA with the word BO**OCKS on it, and the yanks didn't know what the word was!!!

I put the Asterisks in, the board accepts that word :) I wonder how many others :tongue:

Keep posting those asterisks and maybe we'll be thrown off the US boards?............

(sorry, I'm meant to be sitting on the fence on that one ;) )

Back to the getting lost post, we've been so many times I've lost count, but we going to IoA last August we went up the I4, couldn't find the junction we wanted and went miles up the road to a service area in the middle reservation where we could do a U-turn and come back.

Luckily we were very early and were still parking the car at 6.50 a.m.!

Mindy

The first time, when two friends and I went, we got lost several times! Once, (it was dark), we called in at a petrol (sorry, gas) station with a map and asked if they could point out on the map where we were. The reply was no they couldn't! Well, what hope has anyone got!!

Luckily they asked us where we were headed for and were able to tell us the right way to go.

On the same holiday we went to Kennedy and left in the late afternoon. Me, being the only driver in the party, wanted to get at least halfway back to WDW before it went dark. One of the party asked how did I know we were going the right way as we had not seen any signs for a while. I said that as the sun set in the west and WDW was west of Kennedy, at least we were going in the right direction and that we would come across signs that we recognised sooner or later. Thank goodness for school.

Jan (JanE)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!