When does Disney update their calendars?

PoohsFan1

DIS Veteran
We will be in WDW from May 29th-June 8th this year and we are excited to see the new nighttime show at DHS. However, I've been looking at the Park Hours on Disney's website and it is still showing the Galactic Spectacular for the date we will be there. I read that the new show will start on May 1, does Disney take a long time to update their Park Hours? We are only going to have 1 day where we are going to be able to see this (May 30th) and even though we do like the Galactic Spectacular show, we all really want to see the new one. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

There is no "set time in advance" for updating anything on the calendars.

The advice is to always just keep checking and re-checking.
(All the way to your travel dates, and DURING your trip.)

Thanks Robo, I kind of figured that, I was just surprised that the park hours still showed one show and it was already announced at the D23 event that the new show will start on May 1. I just assumed that they would have updated the calendar due to that, but of course you know what happens when you assume things :sad2:.

I admit I do not keep up with all things Star Wars, but I didn’t realize there was a Galactic Spectacular replacement show coming. I need to go get myself up to speed I guess.

I admit I do not keep up with all things Star Wars, but I didn’t realize there was a Galactic Spectacular replacement show coming. I need to go get myself up to speed I guess.

The Galactic Show is actually the show that they are running now and has been running for awhile, there is a new show coming May 1 that celebrates Disney animation and Pixar.

I believe the new show will replace disney movie magic, star wars a galactic spectacular will keep playing at least through the opening if galaxy's edge

Got it, thank you. I forgot about Disney Movie Magic is already running, when we were in WDW last, we only saw the Star Wars show so I thought that was the one they were replacing with the new show. It does make sense that they would keep the SW show running until GE opens. Thank you for the clarification.

I wonder if that means they'll be running two fire works shows - or am I more confused? We have Dessert Party Tickets for late May for SW Galactic Spectacular.

I wonder if that means they'll be running two fire works shows - or am I more confused? We have Dessert Party Tickets for late May for SW Galactic Spectacular.

No, a couple of different things are being discussed/mixed up in the prior posts.

Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular is the nightly fireworks/projection show, with no current scheduled ending/change: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/hollywood-studios/star-wars-galactic-spectacular/

Disney Movie Magic is a 10-minute projection show that is running nightly now: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/hollywood-studios/disney-movie-magic/

Wonderful World of Animation is a new projection show that starts in May that will presumably replace Disney Movie Magic: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/hollywood-studios/wonderful-world-of-animation/

Disney Movie Magic and the pending Wonderful World of Animation are DHS’s version of the Once Upon a Time projection show that runs at MK. Sort of a “side act” to the main nighttime spectacular, to some extent.

At least I think that’s what is going on!

Last edited:
A couple of fyi
SWaGS is not a fireworks show. It is a projection show with fire, lasers, sound and firework elements. Don't want you being disappointed if you are looking for a fireworks show
With your dessert party you will also enjoy the new projection show , they show that one about 20 minutes before swags, you'll be in the viewing area by that point

Thank you all for the information, and I am sorry for any confusion I gave with my OP. When they mentioned a new night time show, for some reason I was under the impression that it was going to replace the Star Wars show that is already running, I completely forgot about the show that was before that show (we didn't see it the last time we were at DHS). Everything makes much more sense now thanks to GADisneyDad14. Since this whole new enlightenment, I am very excited to see this new show along with the SWaGS show :goodvibes.

No, a couple of different things are being discussed/mixed up in the prior posts.

Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular is the nightly fireworks/projection show, with no current scheduled ending/change: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/hollywood-studios/star-wars-galactic-spectacular/

Disney Movie Magic is a 10-minute projection show that is running nightly now: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/hollywood-studios/disney-movie-magic/

Wonderful World of Animation is a new projection show that starts in May that will presumably replace Disney Movie Magic: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/hollywood-studios/wonderful-world-of-animation/

Disney Movie Magic and the pending Wonderful World of Animation are DHS’s version of the Once Upon a Time projection show that runs at MK. Sort of a “side act” to the main nighttime spectacular, to some extent.

At least I think that’s what is going on!

Thank you

These threads can go off the rails so quickly!

Sorry, I was confused

A couple of fyi
SWaGS is not a fireworks show. It is a projection show with fire, lasers, sound and firework elements. Don't want you being disappointed if you are looking for a fireworks show
With your dessert party you will also enjoy the new projection show , they show that one about 20 minutes before swags, you'll be in the viewing area by that point
Thank you.

Phew- I was scared there for a minute! Going in July and planned on doing the swgds again..... glad to know it’s still a possibility!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!