When does ABD post future itineraries?

PHamrick

Mouseketeer
Hello!

We are planning our first foray into ABD and I was wondering when ABD releases new dates? We've got a Greek Isles cruise booked with Disney in 2020, so I was looking at an ABD for December of 2021. Any idea of when they will be out?

I'm so excited to take our first ABD and I feel like I will be hooked after that!

Generally, the new departures for a particular year are released in May of the previous year. So trips for December 2021 will, for the most part, be announced in May of 2020. There are definitely some exceptions, but that's how it works in general. Exceptions tend to be the river cruises which may be released in winter (Jan/Feb) of 2020, DCL add-ons and any new itineraries, which *could* be in March.

Sayhello

Generally, the new departures for a particular year are released in May of the previous year. So trips for December 2021 will, for the most part, be announced in May of 2020. There are definitely some exceptions, but that's how it works in general. Exceptions tend to be the river cruises which may be released in winter (Jan/Feb) of 2020, DCL add-ons and any new itineraries, which *could* be in March.

Sayhello

Thanks! We were considering the Christmas markets river cruise. Is it anything like DCL where you need to book on the first day itineraries are available?

This is also good info because the China trip is VERY HIGH on our list of trips to do. THANK YOU!

Thanks! We were considering the Christmas markets river cruise. Is it anything like DCL where you need to book on the first day itineraries are available?
If you mean do you need to book the first day to get the best prices, the answer is yes, because they usually have only a limited number of Early Booking Discounts (if any) and the prices go up as the departures fill up. The exception to this would be if you are a DVC owner. DVC owners get opening day prices no matter what the going rate is when you book. However, that does not include any Early Booking Discounts.

This is also good info because the China trip is VERY HIGH on our list of trips to do. THANK YOU!
You're welcome. The China trip is really amazing! Exhausting, but totally amazing!

Sayhello

Hello!

We are planning our first foray into ABD and I was wondering when ABD releases new dates? We've got a Greek Isles cruise booked with Disney in 2020, so I was looking at an ABD for December of 2021. Any idea of when they will be out?

I'm so excited to take our first ABD and I feel like I will be hooked after that!
Just got back from our first. Yes you will be hooked!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!