When do you turn Christmas decorations on/off?

DavidH

Mouseketeer
I saw this asked in a thread about another topic, but had wondered the same thing. This will be our first year at The Fort over Christmas :yay: We have several inflatables and a bunch of lights! Is there a general "rule" about when to turn the decorations on and off? Do you leave everything on all day if you are in the parks, so it is on at dark? Do you leave the inflatables up all day? Do you turn things off when you go to bed? For me, that may be real early :) Perhaps a timer to go off at a decent hour...

Thanks!

When we were at the Fort in 2014 just used a timer..On at 5pm off at 10pm.

Fort has quiet hours that apply to the decorations as well is what I was told. Off by 10pm. I plugged mine up as soon as I awoke and unplugged them when we turned in for the night.

Ours decorations go up the weekend after Thanksgiving, and come down after Epiphany.
. . . Our exterior lights go on at dusk, off at dawn.
. . . Our interior decorations-trees-scenes are on 24/7.

Last edited:
We use a photocell timer and set it to turn on the lights at dusk and then turn them off after 6 hours. This allowed us to turn on the lights without physically being in the campsite, but have the lights on when we returned from the parks and turn themselves off at bedtime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!