When do you know that you have ARRIVED in WDW?

I was going to say the EXACT same thing about the tram and palm trees! When DS18 was little, he was obsessed with palm trees and was always so excited to see them.

I used to take the train to Orlando because it used to be a good money-saving option. It was an overnighter, and I used to love waking up, pulling back the curtain, and seeing palm trees for the first time. I *knew* I was almost there! People here who've grown up with palms might be shaking their heads and chuckling, but for this up north city girl seeing them was special.

When we land at MCO and taxi to the gate. I really get relaxed and happy. Getting on the Magical Express bus helps alot too.

Seeing the road signs for me. But it really gets me as soon as we park and start heading for check in. Even the air smells different :)

When I don’t sleep the night before the flight and my kids are up and dressed before I wake them! Even though we aren’t there we are on our way!

I hope you're not too upset that the Fountain of Nations is going away. The major Epcot transformation project has claimed it and the whole area will be completely different when completed.

For me, there are the little factors that add up - checking in on Magical Express, driving under the sign, but really, entering MK and seeing the castle is it. It used to be MK Welcome Show, but that is gone now too.

As soon as I see the mass of humanity in the Magical Express boarding area, I know I've arrived at the "happiest place on Earth."

Oh no! That's terrible news!

It's already gone for all intents and purposes. The construction walls are up. The new plans do look very nice though as the area will have more greenery and stuff. If you haven't been keeping up, Epcot is getting a major overhaul of the central area. The Innoventions West, Fountainview (Starbucks), and Club Cool buildings are being demolished completely. A new Festival Center will be built along with a "Journey of Water" natural walk through that leads toward The Land and The Seas, and some other new stuff too. Looks like Dan Murphy already posted a link that has a lot of the new plans, so check that out. It's the future of Epcot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter