When do waitlists usually come through?

Jetku

DIS Veteran
We are booked at Poly in a studio for August and really want Grand Floridian. I’ve been on the waitlist since we joined DVC early this year.

Any chance we will actually get it? And is there a “usual” time? I was thinking maybe at the 31 day mark we might get lucky (in 2 days). Crossing my fingers.

Though it certainly is not a dealbreaker

AFAIK, there isn't any pattern for waitlists, but since no one wants to be left with points in holding status, 31 days might bring you good news. Hope so!

Mine came through around 5 months out. But both were one night stays at OKW.

We have had a few waitlists. Some came through a few days after entering , about 7 months out. Others came through 30-60 days out. No real pattern. Its when another cancels (or their waitlist fills) and the room becomes available.

I'm still waiting for a waitlist in October that was placed at exactly 7 months. Good luck! I love the Poly so you won't be disappointed if it doesn't come through. And its just a quick walk over to the Grand.

There is no 'usually'
It could come though months out, or days or not at all. You could be next on the waiting list, or 100th.

I would say 7 months(give or take a few days) there will be a lot of switching so more WLs might get filled then. However, VGF is very small (only 47 studios max - some of which are lake view and some standard), so it might be very hard. Possibly at the 31 day mark like you said. I would also stalk the wait list, particularly for the next few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter