When do the Christmas crowds go home?

lacool

The second mouse gets the cheese!
I was just reading another thread about the capacity crowds on Christmas week, and I was wondering when they clear out. I am planning on bringing my cousin and her family to the BWV to celebrate New Year's Eve, but it is her family's first Disney trip and I don't want to ruin it for them by subjecting them to wall-to-wall people. Do the crowds stay for NYE, and then all go home on January 1st? Please, please .....

Our experience has been that it depends when NY eve falls. If it's the middle of the week, like this year, a lot of families stay until the weekend, since most kids are going back to school on Monday. Obviously, the locals might be leaving 1/1.

In 2004, NY eve is on Friday, so a lot of people will probably be leaving 1/1 or 1/2, unless their kids have more time off from school.

There's not necessarily a big drop-off in crowds 1/1 --- although that could be a nice day to go to the parks in the AM because a lot of people sleep in.

By my experience, they begin to thin out on January 1 and seem substantially gone within a few days.

Excellent. That is better than I had hoped. Thanks for the quick responses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter