When do the “15’s” start to diminish?

AKL_Megs

DIS Veteran
We will be there first week of August. I had forgotten all about these groups. When do they head back to school?

Massive school groups of 15-year olds from Brazil with no parents there to supervise them... pretty much any time you have that many teens in one place it just gets to be nuts, like Pop Warner.

:scared: Sounds horrible. LOL. And when does this happen? Early August? What resorts do they typically stay in?

From what I've heard its typically the All-Stars. I visit mid-late August and there might be some residual but usually by mid-August there gone (from my experience).

We stayed with tons of them this month at Pop. They have been reeled in a bit by my observation. They are in smaller (though still pretty big) groups and much better behaved. We were waiting to get on a bus at Epcot and two groups arrived at once behind about 10 regular people. We were nervous they would swarm past us to get on the bus but a male leader told them to stay back and they waited until we all boarded. Then he got on and positioned each girl on the bus leaving room for the 10 adults that were there first. Then a woman with a microphone spoke to them in their language and that bus packed full of teens was almost silent al the way to pop. There was just light chatter but most of the girls stood quietly. I do know their teams lost in the word cup so that might have diminished their exhuberence but they were well behaved. All the groups we saw in the parks were also well behaved. We heard little from them in our room too. We did see them in food court but each encounter we had no issues at all. The girls seemed very polite. Again this was my personal experience June 24-July 9 in parks and resort.

One large group is there all of January, February and first week of March AND several weeks in July.

One large group is there potentially early December but usually January and in to February AND all of July.

There are smaller groups that may have some varying dates.

They stay at the Value Resorts (not AoA but will use food court) and some at POR & CBR.

One large group is there all of January, February and first week of March AND several weeks in July.

One large group is there potentially early December but usually January and in to February AND all of July.

There are smaller groups that may have some varying dates.

They stay at the Value Resorts (not AoA but will use food court) and some at POR & CBR.
Yes, they were starting to arrive early Dec just as we were leaving. Good timing! Lol.

I will mention, while I was not around them on buses or in their Resorts, only the parks, they are totally changed in the park behaviors.
We just got back and saw more groups of them than I've ever seen at once and never once were they chanting or acting in any way that would be consider rude or annoying. These were all unsupervised or very loosely supervised too. I saw their chaperones and they were barely older than the 15s. The only time we noticed their presence, and we actually found it entertaining, on Soarin'. One group filled an entire section. They squealed/cheered (not a chant but just excited cheer) with each swoop or scene change. DH commented that he'd never ridden with a group that enjoyed the ride as much as they did and it made it rather fun to enjoy it with them. They weren't overly loud or anything.
Maybe their resort behavior is equally as improved?

I will mention, while I was not around them on buses or in their Resorts, only the parks, they are totally changed in the park behaviors.
We just got back and saw more groups of them than I've ever seen at once and never once were they chanting or acting in any way that would be consider rude or annoying. These were all unsupervised or very loosely supervised too. I saw their chaperones and they were barely older than the 15s. The only time we noticed their presence, and we actually found it entertaining, on Soarin'. One group filled an entire section. They squealed/cheered (not a chant but just excited cheer) with each swoop or scene change. DH commented that he'd never ridden with a group that enjoyed the ride as much as they did and it made it rather fun to enjoy it with them. They weren't overly loud or anything.
Makes me wonder if Disney gave a warning to the tour groups that organized these trips.

Makes me wonder if Disney gave a warning to the tour groups that organized these trips.
I honestly believe they have given them some direction of some sort. Simply because we saw more than I've ever seen and every single one were on their best behavior. We saw at least 4 groups per park, per day (identified by their different shirt groupings) where on my past trips I've never seen more than 1 per park. Odds alone tell you that the volume alone would have indicated that at least one of the groups would have been acting like teens but not this time.
There's just no way we had the fortune to have only the well behaved groups come at once.

I don't know it Disney did or if the reputation was getting back to the tour guides and THEY have laid down the law. There was a group on the Royal Caribbean cruise to Greece that I was on, and other than being rambunctious during Brazil's matches in the World Cup - but then so were everyone in the all-ages group from Brazil on the ship as well - they were perfectly well behaved.

This July is NIGHT AND DAY different per The 15s!

It really is a remarkable change in the Parks-no more routine Chanting as they tour.

The only time we have seen them get "rowdy" was before F! and that is in an "enclosed" environment when the whole crowd is doing the Wave,etc.

The Resorts are better-very little Chanting,but still have a ways to go.

They still do not have a "curfew" and stay up all night in the Resorts.

Here at Sports they like to hang out at the tables outside End Zone and play Table Tennis and sit and talk ALL NIGHT.

Movies seems to be taking the "hardest hit"-they have 4 TGs with over 300 15s per.

They are having many complaints from Guests about late-night noise(as is Sports and Music)and had a lot of prank-calling and door-knocking one night.

The only time we have heard Chanting like the "old days" was last night when we walked over to World Premiere for their Spinach Artichoke Pasta and on the way back there was a group of 15s loudly Chanting in Fantasia Pool and we could hear them in the distance all the way to Mighty Ducks!

But,again,the difference in the Parks is almost unbelievable and the Resorts are "somewhat better",but most all The 15s have been really nice.

We were amazed in talking with a group of 15s the other day when they told us their schedule:
A MONTH LONG TOUR with stops in NYC/Orlando/Miami/Bahamas!

WOWSA!

Well,I spoke too soon!lol

We were just sitting at Grandstand Spirits when I heard an all too familiar sound of MAJOR LEAGUE CHANTING!lol

It is a new TG that just arrived and they went Old School Chanting from Home Run Hotel all the way through Touchdown! and ON INTO End Zone.

Heads were turning!lol

A few of these 15s were throwing in a little dancing for old time's sake!lol

This new group is so OLD SCHOOL-they are FIRED UP!lol

Most of our 15s are at F!-I am thinking this new TG may get the whole All-Star Sports 15s contingent going Old School Chantingwhen everybody gets back home!lol

Well,I spoke too soon!lol

We were just sitting at Grandstand Spirits when I heard an all too familiar sound of MAJOR LEAGUE CHANTING!lol

It is a new TG that just arrived and they went Old School Chanting from Home Run Hotel all the way through Touchdown! and ON INTO End Zone.

Heads were turning!lol

A few of these 15s were throwing in a little dancing for old time's sake!lol

This new group is so OLD SCHOOL-they are FIRED UP!lol

Most of our 15s are at F!-I am thinking this new TG may get the whole All-Star Sports 15s contingent going Old School Chantingwhen everybody gets back home!lol

Oh no! It had to have been too good to be true. I think we saw 3-4 groups at Pop when we were there. The World of Dance people were way worse than the tour groups. I was very worried and simply couldn’t believe how good the tour groups were in the parks and in my experience the hotel. A person at Pop same time as me but roomed closer to the tour group had a noisy night and had to go to the front desk in middle of night to complain. The next night they suddenly got quiet after a period of loudness so maybe Pop has been trying to rein them in

We haven’t dealt with them since August of 2012. I can’t say I remember anything negative about the experience, but we were younger then and probably just as rowdy as they were. 6 years and 4 kids have tamed us a bit. I’m a little disappointed to hear they may be at POR as that’s where we’re staying on our upcoming trip. I always thought they were confined to the all-stars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!