When do magic bands ship?

Callsdodisney

Mouseketeer
Tomorrow is 30 days from our arrival (!!), so we will pay the balance on our package. Will this release our magic bands for shipment? I’ve seen Disney day it may take 11 days to arrive, but i’m hoping they may be in hand to be wrapped for Christmas. Is it possible??

The Magic bands ship separate from your payment. MDE will give you the specific date you need to customize by and you’ll get shipping/tracking info when they ship, but I’ve usually gotten mine about 3 weeks out from the trip.

They ship about 4 weeks out from your trip. It doesn't matter when you make your final payment

We are arriving on 1/6 and I recently received notice our Magic Bands shipped - I checked tracking this morning and they arrive Friday (12/14)!

Last edited:
If you look at your mydisneyexperience account you should see right on the main page if they shipped with the tracking number.

You can customize through 31 days out.
They will process on 30 days out and ship 29 or 28 days out and you should have them about 24 to 21 days out.

To piggyback... If I'm renting DVC points, will they still ship my magic bands? It's telling me that I have a date to customize them and that I can pick them up at the hotel. (Which I thought was odd.... but OK if that's how it works.)

To piggyback... If I'm renting DVC points, will they still ship my magic bands? It's telling me that I have a date to customize them and that I can pick them up at the hotel. (Which I thought was odd.... but OK if that's how it works.)

If you live in the US, then yes they should ship them to you.

Ever since they 'updated' MDE a few months back, I see the following date listed on the main landing page for a trip that starts on 1/29. Does anyone know why it gives me a customization date just 6 days prior when they should be sending the MagicBands 4 weeks out?

upload_2018-12-14_15-54-49.png

Mine is doing the same. Just ignore that and the true date will appear when you click on the link.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter