When do I pick my magic band colors?

leebee

DIS Veteran
We have a package reservation for ASMusic in August. I've not yet been asked about choosing magic band colors. When do I do this? We have some old-style magic bands that still show up on my MDE account (even a couple of hard-tickets are showing up). Should I cancel/deactivate anything that's already on my account, so we'll get new bands? (only bands we have are the old-style where they are approximately the same width all the way around- none with the watch-face sized touchpoint).

I only book room only and we get the option to pick our MB as soon as we book.

It won't have anything to do with how many bands you have but it would have to do with how far away your trip is. How far out is your trip?

I only book room only and we get the option to pick our MB as soon as we book.

It won't have anything to do with how many bands you have but it would have to do with how far away your trip is. How far out is your trip?

August 2018, so about 5 months from now.

Hm, I have a package for late August and the magic band customization was available as soon as I booked. We also had old bands on our account, but tat didn't impact anything. when I go to MDE and pick "magic bands and cards" my option to customize is right there at the top.

So if you go to Magic Band and Cards under My Disney Experience do you see your stay for ASMusic listed at all?
Should be at the top of that page, under Your Orders. Do you have anything under Your Orders?

Hm, I have a package for late August and the magic band customization was available as soon as I booked. We also had old bands on our account, but tat didn't impact anything. when I go to MDE and pick "magic bands and cards" my option to customize is right there at the top.

I swear this option hasn't been avaialble until today! Thanks for everyone's help; I found it and picked our magic bands!

I booked a trip in June 2 weeks ago and I can't customize our bands. What do I need to do?

I am on the phone now with Disney. There is a glitch in the system and they are aware of it. I called them and it was fixed.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter