When do Christmas events start in HS?

DisneyMandC

DIS Veteran
I'm planning a trip to WDW Nov 8-9 and will go to MVMCP on Nov. 8 and then spend the day at HS on the 9th. Will HS already have holiday decorations/shows as well, or do they typically set up a little bit later? I would love to see the Star Wars fireworks show at HS, but wondering if I'll get the Christmas show instead.

Thanks!

I'm planning a trip to WDW Nov 8-9 and will go to MVMCP on Nov. 8 and then spend the day at HS on the 9th. Will HS already have holiday decorations/shows as well, or do they typically set up a little bit later? I would love to see the Star Wars fireworks show at HS, but wondering if I'll get the Christmas show instead.

Typically, full-on "Christmas" won't start until closer to (or right after) Thanksgiving at the 3 parks other than MK.
But, you never know.
They are starting the MK Halloween Parties in mid-August this year.

Typically, full-on "Christmas" won't start until closer to (or right after) Thanksgiving at the 3 parks other than MK.
But, you never know.
They are starting the MK Halloween Parties in mid-August this year.

Thanks! I mean, it certainly wouldn't be the worst thing if I see ToT lit up and the Christmas show, but I do love Star Wars.

Thanks!
I think Christmas at hs strayed earlier last year- we were there nov 9 and the decorations had gone up in the days before. Check out @monique5 ’s mvmcp thread from last year- she listed when the Christmas shows started at hs. I think the decorations were up by nov 9 and the shows started that weekend. But i could be wrong. Last year, we had Jingle bam instead of Star Wars. They continued fantasmic.

Have fun!

We are there 11/2-11/11 and have the same plan as you. 11/8 Christmas party and 11/9 sleep in and then hit DHS. Last year JBJM started around this time. Maybe the 6th or 7th. And I've read trip reports with DHS decorated (maybe not FULLY decorated but the tree is up!) around 11/3 or so.

I think Christmas at hs strayed earlier last year- we were there nov 9 and the decorations had gone up in the days before. Check out @monique5 ’s mvmcp thread from last year- she listed when the Christmas shows started at hs. I think the decorations were up by nov 9 and the shows started that weekend. But i could be wrong. Last year, we had Jingle bam instead of Star Wars. They continued fantasmic.

Have fun!

Thanks! You can go the MVMCP Thread, https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...y-holiday-magic.3668978/page-11#post-58979905. Post #3? has previous info, 2017. 2017 Thread has detail info on all Christmas Events/Activities from 2017, including all things Christmas @ HS.

Have fun!

Thank you! Haven't been to HS in three years so there's a lot I haven't seen so we would enjoy anything. DH would probably rather see the Christmas show, but I'd love to see Star Wars!

We are there 11/2-11/11 and have the same plan as you. 11/8 Christmas party and 11/9 sleep in and then hit DHS. Last year JBJM started around this time. Maybe the 6th or 7th. And I've read trip reports with DHS decorated (maybe not FULLY decorated but the tree is up!) around 11/3 or so.

Definitely wouldn't mind seeing the tree up! Thanks!

Thanks! You can go the MVMCP Thread, https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...y-holiday-magic.3668978/page-11#post-58979905. Post #3? has previous info, 2017. 2017 Thread has detail info on all Christmas Events/Activities from 2017, including all things Christmas @ HS.

Thank you, checking that out now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!