When can/should you reserve golf carts?

mickeyfan0805

DIS Veteran
We are going to be there in July, but the exact dates aren't yet set in stone. How far in advance can I (and should I) make golf cart reservations in order to make sure they don't run out?

Marty,

I would say as soon as you know your exact dates.

However, summer at the Fort is not a busy time like you experienced at Halloween because it's so darn hot/humid/rainy. The holiday weekends are busy (Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day) but that's not your time window. Those holiday weekends don't see the load (camper, visitor, or cart rental) that other holiday times do.

If you are camping in July in Florida it is IMPERATIVE to get a shady campsite to take the load off your AC units. And since you're from Wisconsin, I will add for you to bring some SPF 100 and apply it liberally to exposed parts of your body. FW and WDW is doable in summer but it frequently rains about 3pm every day (hard) for about 10-15 minutes then it stops and it's humid for several hours as the rain evaporates and the sun goes down.

But to answer your question, there's no rush - just when you know your dates. At the Fort, summer is a slower period.

Bama Ed

Marty,

If you are camping in July in Florida it is IMPERATIVE to get a shady campsite to take the load off your AC units.

Bama Ed

That has, by far, been our biggest concern. We have done the summer and can manage in spurts - as long as we can retreat to the cool! With a 35' unit, we've been a bit concerned about it keeping up, but we are hoping that the investment we made in the 15k unit and the dual-pane windows will help.

Thanks, as always, for the advice!

I will say that when you check in and get your site assignment, drive down to it and check it out. But if it's not shady enough, don't be afraid to look for a few other empty sites of the same type and either visit the office (or call them) and request that you be given one of the sites you saw that might be available (swap you to the one you want).

I used to live in South Florida down near West Palm a couple decades ago and as you can see by my signature, I refuse to go to WDW in June, July, or August. It's a sure thing I would survive a summer visit but I want to enjoy the experience too. I prefer to deal with the crowds around spring break more.

ED

We are going to be there in July, but the exact dates aren't yet set in stone. How far in advance can I (and should I) make golf cart reservations in order to make sure they don't run out?

I was able to book one 6 weeks out for the second half of the holiday break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter