When can I book online for January 2019?

ilovedisneymm

DIS Veteran
The online system will only allow booking beyond Dec 31, 2018. I want to book starting on Jan 6, 2019 and can't :( I would like to be able to book soon as we plan to stay a few weeks and we all know how quickly things book up. What I don't want to do is call in my reservation. Insert heavy sigh. The thought of a 30 minute hold to speak to someone outside the USA that has no clue about staying at Fort Wilderness is just....well.....a NO for me. Just wondering when I will be able to book on-line.

Last edited:
You can call now, the only reason why it isnt available online is because next years rack rates havent been approved. Its actually better to call and book now before the rates go up. You might save money

I called and got a popup site for the first week in March :)
No hold, the lady was named Elsa and reminded me of one of my hubby's Aunties.
So sweet. Call during the week in the morning.

Disney actually has US reps working from home. I have been stalking their job threads to see if I can get one of those spots.

The online system will only allow booking beyond Dec 31, 2018. I want to book starting on Jan 6, 2019 and can't :( I would like to be able to book soon as we plan to stay a few weeks and we all know how quickly things book up. What I don't want to do is call in my reservation. Insert heavy sigh. The thought of a 30 minute hold to speak to someone outside the USA that has no clue about staying at Fort Wilderness is just....well.....a NO for me. Just wondering when I will be able to book on-line.

Melissa,
You can either call now, or I believe about June is when the new rates will come out and the website will open up for next year.
Hope the house is coming along well.

Thanks all.

Its time to book. I'm getting the Fort Fever, people! I typically am booking my dining sometime mid-summer, so I guess I should call in my ressi tomorrow early morning. I don't want to wait till June, heck things maybe booked up now.

@rideswithchrist you ready to take my ressie ?? :) That would be a fun work from home job.

@PaHunter house is coming along. Yesterday, hubby planted a good size sweet corn field. Gutters are finally going up, so that means I can finally landscape the front, and back deck is going up in a week or two.

Still a mile long list....we will get there.

Screen Shot 2018-05-06 at 2.06.40 PM.png

Thanks all.

Its time to book. I'm getting the Fort Fever, people! I typically am booking my dining sometime mid-summer, so I guess I should call in my ressi tomorrow early morning. I don't want to wait till June, heck things maybe booked up now.

@rideswithchrist you ready to take my ressie ?? :) That would be a fun work from home job.

@PaHunter house is coming along. Yesterday, hubby planted a good size sweet corn field. Gutters are finally going up, so that means I can finally landscape the front, and back deck is going up in a week or two.

Still a mile long list....we will get there.

View attachment 320984

They are getting so big. I understand getting Fort fever, we should be booking for next winter also, just not sure our nephew is up to the trip. We will see how things go when we camp in June.

All booked!

I called on a Monday morning at 8 am and was on hold for 30 seconds :) Spoke with an English speaking American that was residing in America.

It was a a beautiful magical experience :) Surprised. I typically get a completely opposite experience when calling any call center these days.

We are booked in a full hook up site coming in January 6 - January 20. Staying 14 nights!!!

Tonight, I plan to make food truck cheeseburgers and fries to celebrate the ressie :)

Thick (from our farm) ground beef patties, premium toasted (with butter) buns, melted cheese, crisp lettuce, juicy tomato slices, and crunchy shoe string fries.

Food truck dinner...yum!

Bonus - I can book dining the night before a kids bday and I can book our fast passes the night before our anniversary. Those will be easy dates to remember.

Yeah!

Melissa we have our site booked for the exact same dates!! It will be only one rock star. you can check the RIP thread on the community site :(.

I'm so sorry, Kris. I just posted on that thread.

On another note - I look forward to seeing you, Bert, and Mallory in January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter