When Can DDP Be Added?

Coral Reef Diver

Diving The Magic
I got the impression that DDP had to be ordered at time of booking, or you couldn't get it at all. Is that also true for rooms booked with rented points?

Are there other things that must be added at time of room reservation?
  • DDP
  • Park tickets
  • ME
  • WB
  • PhotoPass

I got the impression that DDP had to be ordered at time of booking, or you couldn't get it at all. Is that also true for rooms booked with rented points?

Are there other things that must be added at time of room reservation?
  • DDP
  • Park tickets
  • ME
  • WB
  • PhotoPass
When renting points, you buy your own park tickets and order your own MBs just like any other room-only reservation. If you want Photopass or Memory Maker, you buy it yourself. If you want a dining plan, you can add it after the reservation has been confirmed but it has to be paid for in full at the time it has been added and the owner has to call Member Services to add it. The deadline for adding the dining plan would depend on who you rent from. Some rental companies want you to decide at least 30 days before arrival. Members can actually add a plan as late as 48 hours prior to the day of arrival but if you're renting directly from an owner, chances are good that they will have their own "must request by" dates. Magic Express should be reserved by the member for their renters. If you don't know your flight info at the time that the reservation is made, you can have it done once you have the info but again, you cannot wait until the last minute and expect the owner to drop everything to take care of it.

You can add the dining plan to a DVC reservation up to 48 hours prior to arrival, and a regular resort package up to 72 hours prior to arrival.

And DVC owners can add the DDP via the my reservations page on the member website, no call to MS required.

:earsboy: Bill

I would give the owner more than 48 hours notice about the DDP, they might not get your request in on time. Or at least let them know now that you want to pay for the DDP when you make your reservation.

I would give the owner more than 48 hours notice about the DDP, they might not get your request in on time. Or at least let them know now that you want to pay for the DDP when you make your reservation.

Yes, even if your owner doesn't have a "must request by" date, add it as soon as you know. Life happens, and the owner may be traveling, dealing with illness, on a huge project at work - or may just have one of those email boxes that gets 200 messages a day and it may take a few tries before yours gets seen in the deluge. Always remember, when dealing with a rental either through a broker or an individual that there is a person on the other end of the transaction with an entire life that has almost nothing to do with your vacation - not a corporation that is staffed for immediate response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter