When are Holiday decorations up?

All the decorations and holiday offerings are fully up by the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Maybe even Friday, but I always get there on Saturday so I know they’re all up by then.

I'm curious, too! Our trip is Nov. 3-9, and it would be fun to see Halloween decorations at the start and holiday lights by the end. It's like getting 2 seasons for the price of 1! I know that the last Hollywood and Vine seasonal dine for Halloween takes place while we're there, and the first MVMCP is on our last day.

I'm curious, too! Our trip is Nov. 3-9, and it would be fun to see Halloween decorations at the start and holiday lights by the end. It's like getting 2 seasons for the price of 1! I know that the last Hollywood and Vine seasonal dine for Halloween takes place while we're there, and the first MVMCP is on our last day.

You MIGHT see some Halloween at HS, but MK will already be Christmas by the time you arrive. AK and EP don't have much in the way of Halloween at all. HS may be in the process of decorating for Christmas since Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam and Sunset Seasons starts on the 6th.

We were there the week before Thanksgiving last year--we flew out the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. The parks were all decorated--the resorts got a little more decorated each day and seemed to be done by the time we left.

We were there over Thanksgiving about 3 years ago.
Some of the parks were completely decorated for Christmas at the start of the week. By the end of the week, they were fully decked out in Christmas attire.
The resorts took a little longer as they were still building the Ginger Bread Houses. Don't miss them, they are amazing. we really enjoyed the Ginger Bread Houses at Wilderness, Yacht Club, and Grand Floridian

We went November 9-16th 2017 and we were able to see the ginger bread house at the GF, all decorations at MK, HS and many at Epcot, but I’m not sure if Epcot was complied. We didn’t do AK but for 1 day at the beginning and I don’t recall any decorations. The Boardwalk was decorated the day we left as well.

They are in the process of hanging the lights on the castle but won't turn them on until early November.

When will the Christmas decorations come down? Arriving on Jan 10th.

They begin removing them soon after New Years. By January 10th i'd expect most to be gone. The castle will have the lights but they won't be turned on

Any idea about the campsite decorations. We wanted to view them the Fri before Thanksgiving week. Now I am wondering if it will be too early.

They will be down before you arrive. Last year the Christmas tree vanished the night of Jan. 4th at Wilderness Lodge. Most everything is down the weekend after NYE, definitely gone before marathon weekend.

MK will begin overnight as soon as the last Halloween party ends.
Google it and you can see time-lapse videos of how they do it, it's fascinating.
Other parks do it more slowly, later. Starting with their feature trees.
Each Deluxe resort is decorated in an order determined by lottery, timed so they finish the last one the weekend before Thanksgiving. They do each resort, one at a time, over a single night (another fun thing to Google to watch the time-lapse video). The other resorts are done in between in a smaller scale.
GF will begin doing their Gingerbread house in early November but it won't open till that weekend prior to Thanksgiving, or maybe even a few days before Thanksgiving.

We were there over Thanksgiving about 3 years ago.
Some of the parks were completely decorated for Christmas at the start of the week. By the end of the week, they were fully decked out in Christmas attire.
The resorts took a little longer as they were still building the Ginger Bread Houses. Don't miss them, they are amazing. we really enjoyed the Ginger Bread Houses at Wilderness, Yacht Club, and Grand Floridian
Sadly, most Gingerbread structures have slowly faded away, except for the ones at CR and GF. Last year they were the only 2 left, other than the Carousel at BC. GF is still the most elaborate by far.

All will be gone (literally overnight, same way they go up at the resorts) by the first weekend in January, except for the tree at MK. They will normally leave it up through the marathon weekend.

Any idea about the campsite decorations. We wanted to view them the Fri before Thanksgiving week. Now I am wondering if it will be too early.
That's solely up to the campers, not Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter