• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When are AAA discounts released?

westjones

DIS Veteran
Just wondering when it will be possible to book with a AAA for spring break of 2006 (next March)?

When do they release the AAA discounts for reservations in 2006?

Thanks,
DJ

I think I remember reading August-ish sometime? I know they put out the new rates for the next year in August so I might be thinking of that.

cobbler said:
I think I remember reading August-ish sometime? I know they put out the new rates for the next year in August so I might be thinking of that.

Thanks, I will watch for the end of summer.
DJ

When I tried to book a AAA rate with CRO in Sept/Oct last year for our Feb trip they kept telling me that there was no AAA rate. I ended up having to use a travel agent to get me the rate! I called many, many times myself during a 2 - 3 week period and was continually told there was no AAA rate. But the travel agent had no trouble getting the discount on a room only ressie.

2005 AAA discounts were available mid August 2004.

2005 rack rates came out in May or Jun 2004.

Hope this helps.

We're planning a trip for January... do I book the room now and get the AAA discount later or do I wait for the discount to be released?

When I booked for Feb. '04 I was able to book AAA discount on Room only ressie in late June, early July. Definitely before late Aug. The discount isn't great but it's better than nothing! :)

Laura,

We are already booked for January and will hopefully be applying a AAA rate when it comes out. Hopefully, we will be able to discount our stay even more when/if the AP rates come out.

We have always booked our rooms well in advance and then had discounts applied at they became available.

I don't think you would have any problem getting rooms in January if you decide to wait a while longer. I booked ours for this past January last October when we were able to get airline tickets for $100.00 each out of Detroit.

I'm thinking about going May 27-June 3, 2006 before my AP runs out. If the 2006 rates stay the same as this year, with only the AAA discount I could save about $50.00 per night at the Polynesian. While it isn't a huge savings, it's still $350 that I can spend on other things at WDW.

soccer mom said:
Laura,

We are already booked for January and will hopefully be applying a AAA rate when it comes out. Hopefully, we will be able to discount our stay even more when/if the AP rates come out.

We have always booked our rooms well in advance and then had discounts applied at they became available.

I don't think you would have any problem getting rooms in January if you decide to wait a while longer. I booked ours for this past January last October when we were able to get airline tickets for $100.00 each out of Detroit.

Thanks! I figured that's how it was; just wanted to be sure. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter