When A Tourist Becomes A Local! A Full Year (2019) TR! *CANCELED!*

6/7/19: Travel Day!

*REMINDER!*

Hi everyone! I am just wanting to remind everyone that I have created a Disney and Central Florida (but mostly Disney) Instagram Page. I have seen many of you follow already, and I’m glad to see many of you joining in my adventures.

You still have time to join my page during my “trial” period. I’m using this period to figure out everything Instagram has to offer, and figure out the best way to proceed with my Instagram page.

If you would like to follow me, you will have to follow these steps below:

1. My page is currently private. If you would like to request to join my new Instagram page, you must private message me on Disboards BEFORE you request to follow my new instagram page. The only piece of information I need in your private message to me is your Instagram username.
2. As soon as you send me a private message with your instagram username, you can then request to follow my page on Instagram.
3. I will accept your follow request as soon as I see your private message on Disboards. Please understand that there might be a delay before I can accept any follow requests.
4. I will honor privacy by deleting your private message on Disboards as soon as I accept your follow request on Instagram.

My Instagram username is: the_circle_of_disney (you need the underscores)!

My page should be becoming public around July 4th. If you want to wait to follow me until then, that is perfectly ok. Please note that the steps above is the only way to follow my account right now.

I hope to see many of you following along on my new Instagram page!

*END REMINDER!*

Hello everyone and the time has finally come! It is time for me to report back from my awesome and short trip to California.

Many of you know @Lesley Wake. Well, she was the mastermind of getting me out to California. It all started when she booked a reservation IN MY NAME to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. I was adamant for about a month that I wouldn’t be going to California. Well, now that isn’t true, because I did book a trip, and I did get to go to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. There were some other people that sorta helped talk me into going (@dina444444, @wnwardii, and @rteetz to name a few).

So, lets get started with everyones favorite part of a trip report. The travel update!!!

I would arrive bright and early at Orlando International Airport. I would park my car, and make my way to the terminal. This is where things got a little “new” for me. I was going to a different part of Orlando International Airport since I was flying on an airline and they weren’t located in the same area as where I’m used to.

I would be flying American Airlines.

Security was very fast, and I would be at my gate in no time.

I had time for some breakfast. So, I made my way to a place called Nature’s Table. I would get a breakfast sandwich which ended up being fine. It was filling and a normal breakfast sandwich. Not really worth the cost though, but that is typical for airport food.

Waiting for the flight.

I was ready to go to California! Can I please board the plane already?

Well, it was time to board my flight to California!

I would board the plane, and this is when we found out a little something special was waiting for us.

The plane had an issue, and they had to turn off the air conditioning in order to get it fixed. So, you are boarding a plane with people with body heat, it’s Florida, and you don’t have the air conditioning running? This wasn’t a good start for American Airlines in my mind.

After about a 30 minute delay, the air conditioning would turn back on and we would make our way to Los Angeles!

I would start my inflight entertainment by watching my favorite Disney animated movie, the Lion King!

After seeing the Lion King, I would go to my “usual” inflight entertainment. That is, the broadway production of Newsies!

Jeremy Jordan singing “Santa Fe” gets me every time.

After a 5 hour flight, we would land at LAX. We ended up being about 20 minutes delayed due to our issue back in Orlando.

As I was leaving the airport terminal, I got greeted by a little something special that I was excited to experience the next day!

I would wait for some friends that were picking me up. It felt really great to be “home!” I am originally from Southern California.

I would get picked up by my friends and we would start making our way to Anaheim thought he wonderful LA traffic. I would also get to see a billboard sign of Star Wars. At this point, I was getting really excited!

I had one request before my friends dropped me off for the day. That was a stop at my favorite burger place, In-N-Out! I always have to have a cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate shake from here.

As we were getting close to my hotel for the weekend, I would spot the Incredicoaster and the Pixar Pal-A-Round! I really was “home!”

My friends would drop me off at the hotel for the weekend which was the Hampton Inn & Suites right across the street from the Anaheim Garden Walk.

I would get organized and situated in my room before it was time to make my way over to Downtown Disney.

More in my next post!

Last edited:
6/7/19: A Quick Trip To Downtown Disney!

It would end up being about a 15 minute walk each direction for me from my hotel to Disneyland. I consider myself a fast walker. So, if you plan to stay here and walk, I would give the walk about 20 minutes on average to Disneyland.

When I got to Disneyland, I really started to think…”It is really weird being at one Disney Resort one day and being at the other Disney Resort the next.” I really did think that. It felt great to be back at Disneyland though!

I wouldn’t be going through these gates until the following day.

I would use this time primarily to buy my Disneyland tickets. Yep. It was official that I was home!

Here is a look at Downtown Disney:

I would then go on an adventure through Downtown Disney. I didn’t know this at the time, but this would be the only time I walked through Downtown Disney on this trip.

TOMORROW!!!

I would then quickly walk back to my hotel and rest for a little bit before I had some evening plans with a DISer.

More in my next post!

6/7/19: Los Angeles Angels vs. Seattle Mariners!

Eventually, I would order a Lyft. That is because I was heading just down the road to Angel Stadium to see my favorite baseball team play against the Seattle Mariners. that time is the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim!

I would quickly arrive at the stadium which is where I spent a lot of time as a child.

I found Mickey Mouse!!!

It was now time to go inside the stadium.

As soon as I entered, I came across the 2002 World Series Trophy Case. This was a season I don’t think I will ever forget.

I would be meeting @dina444444 tonight for the game, and she was able to find us some really great tickets.

I missed this rock formation!

The Angels were giving away this free hat tonight!

Before every Angels game, the Angels play a montage of the teams highlights throughout the years to the song “Calling All Angels!” Definitely a nice touch to see.

It was time for some baseball, and it was time to see a few of my favorite players in the game.

First favorite is of course, Mike Trout!

It would then be my first time seeing Shohei Ohtani play since every opportunity I had last year, he was injured.

Then it was time for Albert Pujols!

I would then spend some time walking around the stadium for a bit.

I would grab some dinner at Ballast Point Brewing Co.

I would order the chicken strips and garlic fries.

The chicken strips were basic, but the garlic fries were very good!

It definitely felt good to be home, but the jet lag was beginning to effect me!

It was not the greatest night for baseball for the Angels. They would end up losing to the Seattle Mariners.

I would have a great night with a great friend, Dina (@dina444444).

I was exhausted and we both had an early day ahead of us. So, we actually left the game early. We knew the Angels were going to lose. So, Dina would drive me back to my hotel, and we would say farewell to the next day. She would be joining me in many of my Disneyland adventures the following day.

It was then time for some needed sleep. I was really excited for Disneyland the next day!

Stay tuned for more updates from my short Disneyland adventure!

They were little sharks... Like maybe 12"-18" long... There were other fish too, but the sharks were the coolest... And I think they were more afraid of us than we were of them... They all hung out on the bottom of the reef so they never got close to us... And we weren't allowed to hang out and watch them... We had to keep on swimming from one side to the other, otherwise the CM's were "yelling" at us to keep moving... It was a fun experience... Kinda like snorkeling in a controlled environment...
At least the sharks wouldn’t come close to me then. I feel like I would still be afraid to do it.

Just remember...”Fish (I mean humans) are friends...not food.” :D

LOOOOOVE!!! So, last week I booked a trip for us to go to Galaxy's Edge at WDW next year!!! This October we get to cruise on the Fantasy, and next October we will be flying the Millinium Falcon!!!!

Looks like you had great weather for some baseball!

LOOOOOVE!!! So, last week I booked a trip for us to go to Galaxy's Edge at WDW next year!!! This October we get to cruise on the Fantasy, and next October we will be flying the Millinium Falcon!!!!

Looks like you had great weather for some baseball!
That's awesome!!! I love the Fantasy so much! Are you doing Western or Eastern Caribbean?

It was a great night for some baseball. Just a long night for me since I was used to Eastern time. :D

That's awesome!!! I love the Fantasy so much! Are you doing Western or Eastern Caribbean?

It was a great night for some baseball. Just a long night for me since I was used to Eastern time. :D

We are doing the Eastern Caribbean with stops in St. Thomas, Tortola, and Castaway. We have done this itinerary before, but we stopped in St. Marteen rather than Tortola. We did not care too much for St. Marteen other than Maho Beach. We are looking forward to Tortola the most. We are renting a catamaran for the whole day with a group of friends we met on our last cruise.

We are doing the Eastern Caribbean with stops in St. Thomas, Tortola, and Castaway. We have done this itinerary before, but we stopped in St. Marteen rather than Tortola. We did not care too much for St. Marteen other than Maho Beach. We are looking forward to Tortola the most. We are renting a catamaran for the whole day with a group of friends we met on our last cruise.
I have not done an Eastern on the Fantasy. I did do the Southern Caribbean on the Fantasy a couple years ago. We did stop at Tortola on that cruise. I've been to Castaway many times. I have also been to St. Thomas on another cruise line. If you have the chance to go over to St. John while in St. Thomas, it is absolutely beautiful!

6/8/19: Back “Home” Again At The Disneyland Resort - Part 1!

***ANNOUNCEMENT***

I announced to all of you that I have created a Disney and Central Florida Instagram account a couple weeks ago! I am here to announce that my Instagram Page is now public! So, feel free to follow me anytime and please invite your friends for some daily Disney magic!

My instagram account is: the_circle_of_disney (you need the underscores)!

I hope to see many of you following along on my Instagram page where I will be posting a lot more of my adventures that might not make it on this Trip Report. You might also get some earlier information before it shows up on here!

***END ANNOUNCEMENT***

Hello everyone! I am sorry for the delay of getting back to updating about my time at Disneyland! I have been busy with several different issues going on in life, but it’s now time that I get back into this Trip Report! So, lets get through this trip quickly and get back to Walt Disney World updates!

On June 8th, I would finally return “home” to my favorite Disney Park and the park that I grew up with. That park is Disneyland. It was also a very special day for me. One that I had waited for YEARS to come. That was the day I would finally be entering Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge!

I would endure the 15 minute walk from my hotel to Disneyland.

The moment was getting closer, and I was literally at the peak of my excitement!

After a long flight out to California, I would finally enter Disneyland Park!

This sign looks strangely familiar. Where have I seen this before?

I would enter the park about 30 minutes before the park opened. What was nice is some of the characters were already out meeting guests. So, I would knock out meeting Mickey, Minnie, and Chip (Dale was still sleeping) before the park even opened!

I love how the characters just roam at Disneyland compared to Walt Disney World.

My first time looking down Main Street with the new renovated Sleeping Beauty Castle!

I would then make my way to the Main Street Train Station where I would continue my Disneyland tradition.

That tradition is my first ride at Disneyland Park has to be the Disneyland Railroad! I would ride this a lot on this trip especially because the Walt Disney World Railroad is currently being refurbished.

I would have the back of the train all to myself!

I still find the new train route stunning!

A complete grand circle tour with nobody in my train car. Definitely a relaxing ride!

After I got back to Main Street, I would finally make my way towards Sleeping Beauty Castle. This new look is very refreshing. I love how the blue just pops out, as well as, the gold touches.

It was time to channel in my early Star Wars obsession by riding Hyperspace Mountain. This is an overlay of Space Mountain where you get to step into a Star Wars Space Battle, and it is AWESOME!!! I would have a fastpass for this attraction.

After an adventure through space, it was time to head to a world of fantasy!

That would be to wait for Peter Pan’s Flight!

Off to Neverland!!!

After a trip to Neverland, it would then be time to head on an adventure. That was to go to Adventureland!!!

More in my next post!

Last edited:
6/8/19: Back “Home” Again At The Disneyland Resort - Part 2!

It was time to experience one of my favorite attractions at Disneyland Park! That is Indiana Jones Adventure! I would have a fastpass for this attraction.

It was time to enter the Temple of the Forbidden Eye!

This is seriously one of the best queues Disney has ever done.

Uh…I pulled the rope. :D

I would finally make it to the ride!

It was time for my first DIS Meet of the day and someone I would be spending the rest of the day with. I would like to welcome back @dina444444 to my updates since she would now meet up with me at Disneyland Park.

We would make our way to Big Thunder Railroad which would continue my Star Wars excitement since you can really see it very good from on the ride. We would have a fastpass for this attraction.

It was then time to spend lots and lots of money. We would make our way to Star Wars Launch Bay where they had the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge merchandise. Yeah…I spent quite a bit on merchandise, and I knew I would be purchasing more soon.

We would say farewell to Disneyland for the time-being and make our way over to Disney California Adventure.

It felt great to be inside one of my favorite Disney Theme Parks!

Uh oh…A Lion King Show…Better be prepared…I might be seeing this show a lot on this trip!

The Tale of the Lion King was a new show at Disney California Adventure which celebrates the Lion King. It is the 25th Anniversary of the Lion King this year, and we also have the movie that I am really looking forward to!

Dina and I would get there about 30 minutes before the 11:30 show. So, we would have a great view of the stage!

Eventually the show would begin!

I thought this show was very well done. There were some wrong information I found in the show but mostly limited to the amount of performers. The dancers were really good, and I thought the singing was excellent as well! I will have a video of the show coming later in this Trip Report.

After the show, we would head into Pixar Pier!

We would have a fastpass for the Incredicoaster!

I miss California Screamin’… :(

More in my next post!

6/8/19: Back “Home” Again At The Disneyland Resort - Part 3!

Time for a new experience for me on this trip. I would finally get to experience Jessie’s Critter Carousel!

I thought the carousel was cute, but obviously I don’t need to go on it every time. I really liked how we got the “Woody’s Roundup” song as we went around.

It was time for lunch! Dina and I would have dining reservations at Lamplight Lounge.

I love the details inside this restaurant.

Here is the menu for Lamplight Lounge:

We had a nice view.

This is the non-alcoholic drink menu:

I would order the Goofball Island.

I wasn’t overly impressed with this drink. It’s something I don’t think I would get again, but I was happy I tried it.

I would order the lobster nachos (which is technically an appetizer), but this was definitely enough to be my entree. I had never had the lobster nachos before, and this was delicious! I was really happy I got this instead of getting one of the entrees. These nachos are definitely worth every penny spent on them!

Dina and I would then split the doughnuts for dessert. I thought they were pretty good. The chocolate sauce was definitely my favorite.

After a great lunch, it was time to spin around in circles on Toy Story Mania! Great idea right? We would have a fastpass for this attraction.

I am very competitive on this ride. I would get best in vehicle.

We would then make our way towards Soarin (Over California). When we were on our way, I realized the smoking section was now gone from the Grizzly Peak Trail! So, I asked if we could walk this way.

I was so happy that the smoking section is now gone from that trail. That is probably my favorite path to walk in all of Disney California Adventure!

Time for DIS Meet #2! Dina and I would be meeting another DIS friend of mine. That person is @Lesley Wake! She would be joining us for the rest of the day as well.

Dina and I would make our way to Soarin Over California! Yep! You read that correct! Disneyland has brought back the original Soarin Over California film for a limited time. I was so happy to experience this movie once again! I believe it is far superior to Soarin Around the World in many ways. We would have a fastpass for this attraction.

After a great flight around my home state, it was time to leave Disney California Adventure. Lesley and I would make our way over to Disneyland while Dina needed to run to her car. So, Lesley and I would use this time to chill around Sleeping Beauty Castle.

We would also spot a lot of baby ducks!!! They were so cute!!!

Lesley and I would then wait for Dina in Tomorrowland, because it was almost time to check-in for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge!!!

Stay tuned because my Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge updates are coming soon!!!

Hey Zach! :D It's been a while since I have been on but it is amazing to see you wasting no time living in Florida! How are things going with you these days? I just followed you on instagram and I know it's not needed but my instagram handle is wolfiegman. I cannot wait to read and see more updates from you! :D

6/8/19: Check-In For Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge!

***If you want to avoid any spoilers from Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, be advised that the next few updates will contain a lot of pictures from the new land and many experiences!***

Hello everyone! It is the moment you have all been waiting for! My updates from Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge! All of these updates will encompass a few days. So, make sure you check back everyday for the next couple days since updates will be coming out each day.

It was finally time to check-in! So, Dina, Lesley, and I made our way into Star Wars Launch Bay which is where we had to go to check in.

The line wasn’t too long, but it was moving rather quickly.

I would finally receive my wristband!!! The moment was almost here!!!

I would celebrate this momentous occasion by meeting Darth Vader!

After getting our wristbands, we would make our way over by Splash Mountain where we would have to enter the Land in about 45 minutes. We would pass by several of the Disneyland sights on the way over.

We would sit in the Hungry Bear Restaurant while we saw the line for our reservation grow larger and larger.

When the line started moving forward, that is when we got in line.

The moment I have been waiting for! The time was getting closer!

The crowd gearing up to go in!

My face might not show it, but I was very very excited!!!

The moment had finally come!!! It was time to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge!!!

More in my next post!

6/8/19: Daytime In Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge - Part 1!

When we entered Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, I was in complete shock. We would walk through the Resistance Forest before making out way to Black Spire Outpost.

Our first stop would be the only thing really on my list. That would be the Droid Depot. There would be a line outside before getting in to make a droid.

While in line, Dina was willing to hold my spot in line while I went around and took some video and photographs. Thank you Dina!!!

So, let’s go explorer!!!

The detail inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is amazing!!!

That is the Millennium Falcon everyone!!!

Here is Ronto’s Roasters. Very cool animatronic and noise effects coming from the center of this room.

The Marketplace is where you can do quite a bit of shopping.

Here is a look at the Resistance Forest!

They have a shop in the Resistance Forest!

While I was walking around, I would come across Rey! She was gracious enough to let me take a “scan” with her!

As I was walking around, I would find an X-Wing!!!

There was also an A-Wing!!!

The future entrance of the Rise of the Resistance Attraction!

The rock work that can be seen in this area is incredible! I was really loving the attention to detail that Disney definitely did to put this entire land together.

It was then time to go back to the Droid Depot and create my droid!

Last edited:
6/8/19: My Build-A-Droid Experience!

When we got inside the Droid Depot, it literally felt like being inside a droid factory. This made me so excited to create my first ever droid!!!

It would take us about an hour and 15 minutes to get up to the check-out counter. Not terribly long to build a droid, but it did take up quite a bit from spending time in the land doing other things.

When I got the purchase counter, I was asked if I wanted to build a BB unit or an R unit. I would decide to build an R unit.

It was now time for me to choose the parts to my droid. This was where it took me quite a while. That is because I had an idea in my head, but there just wasn’t one park coming out in that color to make it work. So, I would find myself changing the design of my droid several times. I can really tell Dina and Lesley were getting slightly annoyed with me taking a while. :D

Thank you Dina for taking pictures of me!

After I chose my parts, it was time to construct my R-unit.So, they would walk me over to a different station to do that.

As you can see, I went with a Patriotic R-unit look. I did this since I am a huge fan of the Voices of Liberty, and my Mom was also one of the most patriotic people I have ever known. My Mom wasn’t necessarily the biggest Star Wars fan, but she did help make me a Disney fan. So, I found a small little way to honor her during this occasion. I’ll reveal another way I’m honoring her down below.

It was time to activate my R-unit!

I would press the button to activate…

And there it is! My completed R-unit!!!

At this point you might be wondering what I named my droid. Well, my droids name is R12-19. My Mom’s birthday was December 19th. So, I couldn’t think of any other name that seemed fitting for my patriotic droid!

I really thought the Build-A-Droid Experience was really cool for the most part. I had some issues constructing it, and there wasn’t really a Cast Member that came over to help me. I had to seek out a Cast Member to give me pointers. and they were definitely helpful when that happened. I just wish there was enough Cast Members to help each guest that was helping build a droid.

After having a droid for a while, I have really enjoyed playing with it. So, I do think these are worth the money. My droid can’t wait to return to Batuu in August when it opens at Walt Disney World!

I have a video of my experience down below!

More in my next post!

Last edited:
VIDEO: My Build-A-Droid Experience!

Here is a video of my Build-A-Droid Experience at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland! This video shows many highlights of the experience, as well as, how difficult it was for me to figure out how to build the droid at times. I really hope you enjoy this look at how R12-19 came to life!

Most of these video clips were filmed by friend @Lesley Wake! Thank you Lesley!

Make sure you watch my video in HD!

Disneyland - My Build-A-Droid Experience At Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge!

I hope that you enjoyed the video!

More in my next post!

6/8/19: Daytime in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge - Part 2!

After my droid experience, I would have some time to walk around the land and take some pictures of Black Spire Outpost before the sun went down.

I thought this ship repair shop area was pretty cool.

One of the exits to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

Droids!!!

This little area was probably one of my favorite places inside Black Spire Outpost.

Uh oh…I was entering the territory of the First Order.

This First Order ships is massive and even more incredible in person!

This land seriously feels like I have stepped into my own Star Wars universe!

The money shot! The Millennium Falcon!!!

I hope you enjoyed the many pictures I took of the land during the day. It was time to experience some dinner before getting on the only attraction that was open inside the land. So, stay tuned for those reviews!

More in my next post!

Last edited:
VIDEO: Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Overview - Daytime!

Here is a video I took of the first moments that I was walking into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, as well as, a detailed overview of the entire land during the daytime. You might even spot a few characters in this video.

Make sure you watch my video in HD!

Disneyland - Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Overview - Daytime!

I hope that you enjoyed the videos!

Stay tuned for more updates from my time inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland!

Hey Zach! :D It's been a while since I have been on but it is amazing to see you wasting no time living in Florida! How are things going with you these days? I just followed you on instagram and I know it's not needed but my instagram handle is wolfiegman. I cannot wait to read and see more updates from you! :D
Thanks lol! I've really enjoyed it, and the sudden rain storms are really fun to just look at. Thank you for the follow, and I can't wait for you to follow along on more updates!

Looks like an amazing trip to Galaxy's Edge! The more updates I read, the more excited I get to see it.
It really was! I have plenty more updates coming out today and tomorrow,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter