When A Tourist Becomes A Local! A Full Year (2019) TR! *CANCELED!*

Day 5: It’s A Broadway Day - Part 1!

Hello everyone and welcome to Day 5 of my Walt Disney World vacation!

I was really excited for today for several different reasons.

The first reason is my day would start rather relaxing. That is because I booked a swedish massage at the Sense Spa at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort.

This was definitely a nice way to relax by getting a massage and enjoying the male relaxation area. There is heated lounge chairs and a spa that you can use before or after your massage.

I was able to get a DVC discount since my Dad is a member. So, the price was rather reasonable. I can’t remember the exact cost. Definitely worth it though if you want a relaxing resort day.

After a relaxing morning, my Dad and I would make our way to EPCOT.

One of my favorite pictures I have taken of Spaceship Earth:

As I was walking toward World Showcase, I would look at some more of the art booths. At one of the booths, I found this really cool Lion King print. There are a lot of Lion King references hidden in the lines and inside Adult Simba. Can you spot any?

We would then make our way to the American Adventure Pavilion where my Dad and I would get lunch at Liberty Inn.

I would order a chicken nuggets meal. You can’t go wrong with chicken nuggets.

After lunch, I would definitely walk next door and enjoy some Voices of Liberty performances.

The Voices of Liberty would perform a few songs from musicals during the day during the Festival of the Arts.

More in my next post!

VIDEOS: Voices of Liberty!

Here are some Voices of Liberty songs that I heard performed on my visit to EPCOT on this day. The Voices of Liberty are my favorite thing to see at Walt Disney World, and I always enjoy every performance that they give.

Make sure you watch my videos in HD!

Voices of Liberty - “Seize the Day!”

*MUST WATCH!*

The Voices of Liberty singing “Seize the Day” from one of my favorite Broadway Musicals, Newsies!

Voices of Liberty - “Shenandoah!”

*MUST WATCH!*

Arguably my favorite song that the Voices of Liberty sing!

I hope that you enjoyed the videos!

More in my next post!

Day 5: It’s A Broadway Day - Part 2!

It was time for one of the performances I was looking forward to most on this trip. That is the Disney on Broadway Concert Series performance by Adam Jacobs and Arielle Jacobs!

Adam Jacobs was the original Aladdin on Broadway and Arielle Jacobs is the current Princess Jasmine on Broadway.

I saw Adam Jacobs perform the title role on Broadway a couple years ago. So, I was really looking forward to seeing him perform in person again.

They are both brother and sister.

I would have great seats for this performance!

It was time for the concert!

Here are some pictures of the concert:

They definitely put on a great show! I would actually end up changing my schedule to come back and hear them again later in the evening. However, I had to get to a dining reservation!

On our way out of EPCOT, my Dad and I would run into @Lesley Wake and her Mom one final time. We would talk for a few minutes before we would go our separate ways. It was great getting to see you on this trip Lesley and it was also great getting to meet your Mom! :)

My Dad and I would leave EPCOT and make our way to the Boardwalk.

It was time for a new restaurant for us. Earlier in the day, my Dad informed me that he wanted to watch the Duke/Virginia basketball game. So, I was able to secure a reservation at the ESPN Club for the evening.

We had a great view of several T.V’s.

Here is the menu for the ESPN Club:

I would order a burger with onion rings as my side. This was really just a basic burger.

I found a KC Chiefs jersey!!!

I also found an Angels jersey, and my favorite Angel of all time signed it. That is Tim Salmon!

If you want to watch a sporting event, then this is a great place to do so. I wouldn’t go out of my way to eat at the ESPN Club.

So, after an ok dinner, I would leave my Dad and make my way back to EPCOT. I had a concert to get to!!!

I would have great seats for this concert as well.

Here are some pictures of the concert:

After seeing Adam Jacobs and Arielle Jacobs again, I decided I would walk over to Italy to get a viewing spot of Illuminations.

However, at one point, I looked over towards America and there was a crowd forming. Part of me was wondering if Adam and Arielle Jacobs would do a meet & greet. So, I walked over, and my thinking was correct! They were going to do a meet & greet! So, of course I had to wait and meet one of my favorite Broadway stars!

I was able to meet Adam Jacobs, and I almost died! I got to let him know that I saw him perform a couple years ago, and he was very appreciative for that. Of course I was wearing my Aladdin on Broadway shirt on this day! :)

It was an amazing experience, and it was making me possibly excited for something later in the trip.

So, after I met Adam Jacobs, I would walk back over to Italy and enjoy Illuminations!

After seeing my favorite nighttime show, it was time to leave EPCOT.

I would drive back to Saratoga Springs, and it was time to rest before another long day at Walt Disney World coming ahead for my Dad and I.

More in my next post!

Last edited:
VIDEOS: Disney On Broadway - Adam Jacobs and Arielle Jacobs!

These are the videos I took of one of the concerts I was really looking forward to hearing this trip. That is Adam Jacobs (original Aladdin on Broadway) and Arielle Jacobs (current Princess Jasmine on Broadway). They are both brother and sister.

I saw Adam Jacobs perform the title role on Broadway a couple years ago, and I was really excited to see him again.

Make sure you watch my videos in HD!

Adam Jacobs Performing “Proud of Your Boy” At EPCOT!

*MUST WATCH!*

This is one of my favorite songs ever written. I was really hoping that Adam Jacobs would sing this song from the Broadway version of Aladdin during this concert, and he did!!!

Adam Jacobs and Arielle Jacobs Performing “A Whole New World” At EPCOT!

Adam and Arielle Jacobs performing the most popular song from the animated movie.

Arielle Jacobs Performing “These Palace Walls” At EPCOT!

Arielle Jacobs performing an original song from Aladdin on Broadway.

I hope that you enjoyed the videos!

Stay tuned for more updates from my Walt Disney World adventure!

Last edited:

Love the update Zach and thank you for sharing the videos! No question, you are the The DIS VoL expert ...I share your love of them

Congrats on your new place in Orlando! My husband and I have been looking around there as well as an option for later down the road. Just curious if you went down with a job lined up or will you be looking once you more? Just curious how you find the job market overall in that area.

Also that's pretty awesome you got to meet Adam!

Congrats on your new place in Orlando! My husband and I have been looking around there as well as an option for later down the road. Just curious if you went down with a job lined up or will you be looking once you more? Just curious how you find the job market overall in that area.

Also that's pretty awesome you got to meet Adam!
Thank you! I am looking now, but I will begin to look even more once I actually move down there. I'll let you know what I think as soon as I know more.

It was definitely an awesome experience to meet Adam! :)

46181487165_dc69d78f50_z.jpg
Perfect sky for that picture, that's for sure!

If you want to watch a sporting event, then this is a great place to do so. I wouldn’t go out of my way to eat at the ESPN Club.
I've never been, but my Dad and husband did go once before. They had a similar experience, it seems. Liked the athmosphere, but it wasn't the best meal of their lives or anything.

That's a really awesome picture! So glad you got to meet one of your favs!

Adam Jacobs Performing “Proud of Your Boy” At EPCOT!
I LOVED seeing Aladdin when it was in Chicago!! This song is just beautiful, and really made me tear up as the mother of a son :)

Perfect sky for that picture, that's for sure!

I've never been, but my Dad and husband did go once before. They had a similar experience, it seems. Liked the athmosphere, but it wasn't the best meal of their lives or anything.

That's a really awesome picture! So glad you got to meet one of your favs!

I LOVED seeing Aladdin when it was in Chicago!! This song is just beautiful, and really made me tear up as the mother of a son :)
- It definitely was!

- I don't think I will ever return to ESPN Club. I think there are some much better places to watch a sporting event on Disney property.

- One of my favorite moments from this trip, but my favorite moment will be coming up later on. :D

- That song really has a personal place in my heart for me. This song was actually cut from the movie years ago when Disney decided to go another direction with the Aladdin movie. I wish they had found a way to keep it though. I'm glad that it found its way to the stage though.

Day 6: A Rainy Day At Walt Disney World - Part 1!

Hello everyone and welcome to Day 6 of my adventure to Walt Disney World.

The skies decided to wake up on this day with some light rain for most of the morning/afternoon. Good thing I was somewhat prepared to endure some rain.

My Dad wanted to sleep in this morning, and I was wanting to ride one attraction this trip that requires getting to the park early if you don’t have a fastpass. So, I was off bright and early to Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

I would briefly miss rope drop for Disney’s Hollywood Studios, but that wasn’t going to stop me from waiting for one of the newest attractions at Walt Disney World. It was also Extra Magic Hours so I was only dealing with resort guests at this moment.

I would make my way to Toy Story Land and get in line for Slinky Dog Dash.

The wait time as I got up to the entrance to the queue still said 5 minutes. I knew it was going to be about a 20 minute wait though. I think a lot of people were staying away because of the rain.

The roof at the loading area for the ride is very cool.

I really like all of the decorations in this queue.

It was time to ride Slinky Dog Dash!

After a ride on everyone’s favorite slinky dog, it was time to sing along to one of our favorite Disney songs!

After the ride on Slinky Dog Dash, I had enough time to get on one more attraction before meeting my Dad for the morning at a different park.

I would make my way to the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.

After going up and down on an elevator, I would decide to leave Disney’s Hollywood Studios with one stop before that. That was Starbucks! The colder/rainy day definitely put me in the mood for a warm drink.

As you can see, there was a crowd waiting of people not there for Extra Magic Hours just waiting to invade Toy Story Land. Instead of watching the mass humanity, I got out of Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

I would then get to the rental car and drive over to EPCOT!

Hey look! It’s the entrance to EPCOT!

Hey look! I wasn’t going to go into EPCOT yet. I decided to get on the monorail!

There is a reason why I parked at EPCOT that will be explained later.

I would then transfer monorails at the Ticket and Transportation Center and make my way to the Magic Kingdom!

This is the park I would be meeting my Dad in. He wasn’t quite at the park yet. So, I decided to go up to the train station and explorer the train engine that they have stationed there while the railroad is being worked on.

While the train is stationed up here, you are even able to pull the rope to make the bell ring! So cool!!!

I was a train kid growing up. So, I was really excited about this up close encounter.

As you can see, the railroad is even being worked on from Main Street to Frontierland. It makes me wonder if the whole track is being worked on while they do the necessary rearrangements for the Tron Construction.

My Dad would finally get in the park. So, we would make our way down a rainy Main Street.

Our first ride of the day would be the Haunted Mansion! Definitely a classic!

While we were in line, we would get greeted by the Liberty Bell.

More in my next post!

Day 6: A Rainy Day At Walt Disney World - Part 2!

My Dad and I would then make our way to use our first fastpass on the Jungle Cruise!

For some reason, the Jungle Cruise seems to always have the longest fastpass queue whenever I’m there. It wouldn’t be long before we would make it to the boat though.

It’s always fun riding the Jungle Cruise in the rain.

Up next, it was time for my Dad’s favorite attraction. The Country Bear Jamboree!

Our next fastpass would be for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! This is my favorite attraction in the Magic Kingdom.

My Dad and I in line.

After a great ride on the wildest ride in the wilderness, my Dad and I would decide to leave the Magic Kingdom. We had a fastpass for Splash Mountain, but we decided that we were wet enough as it was. :D

We would catch a boat and travel over to the Wilderness Lodge.

My Dad and I would arrive at what I think is one of the most beautiful Disney Resorts.

I never see the Geyser going whenever I’m at Wilderness Lodge. :(

The reason for our travel to Wilderness Lodge was to have lunch at Geyser Point Bar and Grill.

Here is the menu:

I would order a virgin strawberry daiquiri since I don’t drink alcohol.

Then for my entree, I would order the crispy chicken sandwich with waffle fries. This chicken sandwich is very good and will keep me coming back to this restaurant!

A picture of Bay Lake with the rain falling down.

This bar and grill makes for a great place to catch one of your favorite sports games while staying at Wilderness Lodge.

After lunch, my Dad and I would walk around the resort. I really hope to have the chance to stay here one day.

Now, for the reason why I parked at EPCOT earlier in the day. Well, I knew that my Dad and I would eventually find our way there.

So, here is the wonderful view of the giant golf ball…I mean…Spaceship Earth!

There is only one thing I wanted to do, and you probably guessed it. I made my way to the American Adventure to listen to a couple Voices of Liberty performances.

After a nice ending to the afternoon, it was time for my Dad and I to leave EPCOT. We would be traveling to another Disney Resort to try a new restaurant that my Dad and I have never tried. I was really looking forward to this dinner.

Stay tuned for more updates from my Walt Disney World adventure!

What a fun morning of park hopping! Geyser Bar and Grill looks delish and I totally agree with you, WL is STUNNING. I would love to stay there one day, even for just a night tbh

I totally live for your dedication to the Voices of Liberty. They really are incredible and deserve all the love and praise in the world.

As you can see, there was a crowd waiting of people not there for Extra Magic Hours just waiting to invade Toy Story Land. Instead of watching the mass humanity, I got out of Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Looks like you had the perfect plan of attack for avoiding THAT mess!!!

While the train is stationed up here, you are even able to pull the rope to make the bell ring! So cool!!!
That's really cool!! I knew the train was under refurb, but hadn't realized they had an engine parked up there in the meantime. This is a great picture!

This bar and grill makes for a great place to catch one of your favorite sports games while staying at Wilderness Lodge.

Ah, I see what you mean about better places to watch a sporting event than the ESPN zone! This looks way cozier for sure.

We had a fastpass for Splash Mountain, but we decided that we were wet enough as it was. :D
But that's the best time to ride it! No line!

I never see the Geyser going whenever I’m at Wilderness Lodge. :(
I think it goes off on the hour. At least thats when I heard it while staying there in December (I could hear it but a tree blocked my view). It acted like a mini alarm clock though!

What a fun morning of park hopping! Geyser Bar and Grill looks delish and I totally agree with you, WL is STUNNING. I would love to stay there one day, even for just a night tbh

I totally live for your dedication to the Voices of Liberty. They really are incredible and deserve all the love and praise in the world.
- I definitely recommend trying that eatery on your next trip to Walt Disney World.

- Thanks. I try to help spread the word of how fabulous they are especially on my trip reports. :)

Looks like you had the perfect plan of attack for avoiding THAT mess!!!

That's really cool!! I knew the train was under refurb, but hadn't realized they had an engine parked up there in the meantime. This is a great picture!

Ah, I see what you mean about better places to watch a sporting event than the ESPN zone! This looks way cozier for sure.
- Yep! Get out of the park quickly. That was definitely my plan. :D

- It’s definitely cool to have the opportunity to get an up close look at the train engines.

- Geyser Point is one of my favorite places to relax, and it’s got a few TVs. However, the most popular games will definitely be shown there.

But that's the best time to ride it! No line!

I think it goes off on the hour. At least thats when I heard it while staying there in December (I could hear it but a tree blocked my view). It acted like a mini alarm clock though!
- We were also hungry and wanted to get out of the rain for a bit. :D

- That’s good to know. Hopefully I’ll see it next time I’m at Wilderness Lodge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter