When A Tourist Becomes A Local! A Full Year (2019) TR! *CANCELED!*

Once again, I MUST eat here eventually!

View attachment 385660

I love that they meet with the penguins!

I saw this like a month after it opened and I thought it was amazing how month-old carpet already looked like it had been there for 30 years

I've only ever ridden it that way and it's so fun!

Alright that's awesome. I didn't realize it came with a meal included.

Hopefully we get to experience one!!

Cool shot!

Once again
View attachment 385660

Wait so you went to Epcot for the first time during iFart and all you did was get a magnet and watch VOL???

I saw that when we were there and I was like "Oh man he is going to love this!!"

Gutsy. I like it.

Okay you have now convinced me that a stay at Saratoga is worth it if only for the opportunity to be a mere walk away from Ghirardelli.

Whoa so weird to see non-Disney food right next to Mickey haha

View attachment 385662

I love Heidi! I saw her on Broadway in Something Rotten and I was sad she wasn't there during our trip.

That's exactly what I was thinking!
- You really should try D-Luxe Burger on your next WDW vacation!

- I'm sorry for bringing up the torture of not being in a cold climate while I was at WDW. :D

- It was really cool to meet with the Mary Poppins and Bert with the penguins at the event!

- Very true about the carpet, but I know Disney likes to take different aspects into considering when designing new things.

- You guessed this Lion King fan correctly.

- LOL! Depending where you are at SSR, it is about a 7-10 minute walk to Ghirardelli. Stay at Congress Park in a preferred room though.

- It was nice to eat some food that I love on a balcony filled with Mickey heads. :D

- That's really cool that you got to see Heidi perform!

Best feeling ever!! Love MCO!

This looks like a lovely and relaxing hotel.

Yummm! I loved that burger!

This is super cool..some of those are very rare!

This ride is fun but always has super long slow moving lines. Must have been nice to walk on.

Love that place!!

Looking forward to hearing anything you want to share about DLR as I'm going for the first time in 20 years in July!
- It's always nice to land in Orlando and you know you are about to have a ton of fun! :)

- It really is a relaxing hotel. It's a different feel than a lot of other Disney hotels. It's a very quiet hotel.

- D-Luxe Burger is delicious!

- It was cool to see some rare characters out. I'm not always a character person though. So, it just depends on how I'm feeling, I wasn't 100% in a character mood that evening.

- I have only been on the Astro Orbiter during "paid" or "less crowded" events. Definitely cool to ride at night!

- Columbia Harbor House is my favorite quick service location in the Magic Kingdom.

Day 4: An Adventure Around Walt Disney World + A New Restaurant!

Hello everyone and welcome to Day 4 of my trip to Walt Disney World! I was very excited for this day since I would be trying a couple new experiences.

My day would start a little later. My Dad and I would drive to the Polynesian where I was wanting to try something I haven’t done before. It was around 10:30 a.m.

The experience I was wanting to try didn’t open until 11 a.m. So, my Dad and I would get breakfast at Capt. Cooks!

I would get an egg sandwich and a cinnamon roll.

This was good. I am not usually a person to get breakfast food at restaurants. So, I probably won’t return for that reason, but I definitely enjoyed the sandwich and the cinnamon roll.

So, it was now 11 a.m. I have always wanted to rent a boat and drive around Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. So, I would finally get to experience this.

I would have to sign a waiver, and I would soon be in my Racer boat.

I would get to enjoy riding around on Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake for about an hour.

Now, you aren’t allowed to take photos while you are driving a boat and there are plenty of security boats on the waters to make sure you are following the rules and staying safe. However, I was able to sneak 2 pictures:

Eventually, I would return to the Polynesian.

That was definitely a fun experience. They do offer Annual Pass discounts which I was able to take advantage of. I thought the price was worth it for an hour of fun. Driving a boat around definitely allowed to have a different perspective of many of our favorite areas of Walt Disney World.

Afterwards, I would get a strawberry smoothie from the pool bar at the Polynesian.

It was time to leave the Polynesian and experience more of our day.

I would take my Dad back to our hotel, and I would then drive to EPCOT.

You might have guessed it, but I was heading over to the American Adventure to see a few performances of the Voices of Liberty.

After a few performances, I would walk through some of the art booths. I had to say no to several pieces of art, but there is one that I couldn’t say no to.

I grew up a huge train kid, and I just loved this picture of the Walt Disney World Railroad and Mickey Mouse as the engineer.

It was then time to leave EPCOT!

I would drive back to Saratoga Springs to relax for a little bit, and I would enjoy some time on our top-floor balcony.

It was then time for my Dad and I to make our way to our dinner reservation. I was really excited to try dinner at a brand new Disney restaurant.

We would make our way to Caribbean Beach.

This was my first time getting to see the new lobby area. I really enjoyed this area and what they did with the resort. Personally, I like how the check-in area now feels apart of the resort instead of being separated form the main area. I always thought that was weird.

The fountain outside of the lobby area:

Definitely a beautiful resort, but the Riviera Resort Construction is definitely noticeable. I really feel like this construction is taking away a lot from how this resort feels right now.

It was now time for the reason why we came to this resort for dinner. It was time for my Dad and I to experience Sebastian’s Bistro!

The restaurant definitely looks nice and modern inside.

Here is the current menu for the restaurant:

My Dad and I would get the bread service.

The bread service was delicious. I enjoyed the sauces on the sides the most. I didn’t really care for the butter. The bread was very delicious though. This is definitely a great choice if you are thinking of an appetizer.

I would get one of the sustainable fish options. The fish I would get was the mahi mahi.

I will go back to this restaurant again for this dish. Definitely delicious from the fish all the way down to the rice. The garnish on top of the fish was definitely interesting, but I enjoyed the crispy nature of it.

My Dad got the jerk chicken.

I was able to try a little bit of this, and it was very good as well. I would still go for the fish option though over the chicken.

After a great dinner, my Dad and I would leave Caribbean Beach. We were feeling like stepping into some movies. So, we made our way to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

More in my next post!

VIDEOS: Voices of Liberty!

Here are some Voices of Liberty songs that I heard performed on my visit to EPCOT on this day. The Voices of Liberty are my favorite thing to see at Walt Disney World, and I always enjoy every performance that they give.

Make sure you watch my videos in HD!

Voices of Liberty - “You’ll Never Walk Alone!”

*MUST WATCH!*

One of my favorite songs that the Voices of Liberty sing!

Voices of Liberty - “Somewhere Over the Rainbow!”

A shout out to the state that I won’t be living in much longer!

Voices of Liberty - “Loves Old Sweet Song!”

I hope that you enjoyed the videos!

Stay tuned for more updates from my Walt Disney World adventure!

I would get to enjoy riding around on Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake for about an hour.
Oh that's a fun idea!

I grew up a huge train kid, and I just loved this picture of the Walt Disney World Railroad and Mickey Mouse as the engineer.
I love that you can see a little bit of the train station peeking out back there.

I will go back to this restaurant again for this dish. Definitely delicious from the fish all the way down to the rice. The garnish on top of the fish was definitely interesting, but I enjoyed the crispy nature of it.
Those portions look really big!

How fun you got to boat around Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon! I've always been curious about doing that, it seems so much fun but that stinks that they don't let you take photos. I'd take all the photos of the abandoned Discovery Island.

That is unfortunate about the Riviera construction being such an eyesore but Caribbean Beach still looks so beautiful otherwise. Sebastian's looks so delicious. I never knew Caribbean Beach had a sit down and it all sounds and looks so good. The mahi mahi and jerk chicken do look equally great. I will def make note to try it one day.

Oh that's a fun idea!

I love that you can see a little bit of the train station peeking out back there.

Those portions look really big!
- It was definitely fun! It was more relaxing doing it by myself. I think it would be fun to do as a group. The more people you have, the more reasonable it is since you can get one of the pontoon boats.

- I agree. I like a lot about that picture.

- They were bigger than what I thought for a table service restaurant like this. It was definitely plenty for my meal.

How fun you got to boat around Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon! I've always been curious about doing that, it seems so much fun but that stinks that they don't let you take photos. I'd take all the photos of the abandoned Discovery Island.

That is unfortunate about the Riviera construction being such an eyesore but Caribbean Beach still looks so beautiful otherwise. Sebastian's looks so delicious. I never knew Caribbean Beach had a sit down and it all sounds and looks so good. The mahi mahi and jerk chicken do look equally great. I will def make note to try it one day.
- They do allow you to take photos. You just can't take photos if you are driving. Basically, rules of driving a car apply to driving a boat at Disney.

- This sit down restaurant is new with the newly constructed check-in area and enhancements to the resort. They used to have another sit down restaurant, but it never got good reviews is my understanding. Definitely try Sebastian's Bistro though!

So, it was now 11 a.m. I have always wanted to rent a boat and drive around Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. So, I would finally get to experience this.

So fun!! I did this last summer and it was really enjoyable...would have been better if it was less hot than it was in August though lol. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

So fun!! I did this last summer and it was really enjoyable...would have been better if it was less hot than it was in August though lol. I'm glad you enjoyed it!
It was probably in the 80’s when I did it. Beautiful weather to sail on the water. I’ll definitely look into trying this again!

Sounds like a great day!

We've never rented a boat either, but I'd sure like to try it some time. Did your Dad go with you? Or was this like a little one person boat?

I love the decor at Sebastian's Bistro! So pretty. I don't think I take enough advantage of the resort dining options. For example, I didn't even know that this place existed!!! #DISfail

The boats look fun! Sounds like it was the perfect weather also!:goodvibesCongrats on you becoming a Florida resident, best of luck to you!:wave:
It was a fun day! Thank you! I'm really excited to get down to Orlando!

Sounds like a great day!

We've never rented a boat either, but I'd sure like to try it some time. Did your Dad go with you? Or was this like a little one person boat?

I love the decor at Sebastian's Bistro! So pretty. I don't think I take enough advantage of the resort dining options. For example, I didn't even know that this place existed!!! #DISfail
- My Dad didn't go with me. With how tall my Dad and I are, we would not have fit in the same boat. He was more content with enjoying the Polynesian.

- It's definitely a great restaurant, and it just opened recently. So, don't be surprised that you didn't know that it existed. I only knew about it because of all of the Disney podcasts I follow.

Day 4: An Evening In Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

After my Dad and I enjoyed a nice dinner at Sebastian’s Bistro, we would drive over to Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

There is just something about experiencing Disney Theme Parks at night. They take on a whole new life.

We would make our way into Toy Story Land!

This would be my Dad’s first time experiencing Alien’s Swirling Saucers since we had a fastness for it. It would be my first time experiencing this attraction at night which I was excited about.

A giant Buzz Lightyear outside of Alien’s Swirling Saucers.

It was finally time to get on the ride!

I really liked this attraction at night. The evening adds a different atmosphere since you can really see the lighting a lot better.

It was time to leave Toy Story Land.

As we were leaving, I spotted these 30th Anniversary of Disney’s Hollywood Studios banners with Toy Story characters on them.

I would then pick up an Alien Popcorn Bucket for a DISer by the Disney’s Hollywood Studios sign.

My Dad and I had one more fastpass for the evening. So, we would make our way down Sunset Boulevard. Would it be for Tower of Terror? Would it be for Rock N’ Rollercoaster?

It would be for none of the above.

My Dad’s favorite show at Walt Disney World is Fantasmic which I can’t understand. If you know me well on these boards, you know how much I despise this version of the show. Disneyland’s version has always been the superior version in my eyes, and I am hopeful that one day Walt Disney World will update their version of the show.

So, we would make our way into the theater.

Had pretty decent seats for fastpasses.

If you are in a tour group, please don’t do what this group did. They had a bunch of pole looking things and they were waving them around to the music. I would have hated sitting around them especially if they did this during the actual show.

I really wish Disney would sell the soundtrack that they play before Fantasmic. I love some of those pop versions of my favorite Disney songs.

It was time for the show!

Here are some pictures:

The things I do for my Dad. I still enjoy viewing this show. Just in my mind, I know I have seen better. So, please take my review lightly especially if you are fans of the Walt Disney World Fantasmic. Just remember that I grew up in California. :D

It was time to leave Disney’s Hollywood Studios for the evening since the park was now closed.

It was time for some rest and to get ready for day 5 of our vacation!

More in my next post!

VIDEO: Fantasmic Finale!

Here is the finale to the Walt Disney World Fantasmic! The ending of this show has one of my Disney songs, and it always gets stuck in my head when I hear it.

Make sure you watch my video in HD!

Hollywood Studios - Fantasmic - Finale!

I hope that you enjoyed the video!

Stay tuned for more updates from my Walt Disney World adventure!

Disney World is my "home" park and I FIERCELY agree with you on Disneyland's Fant being FAR superior to WDW's. I honestly don't get why people who still have seen both STILL like WDW's better. I'll say the one thing WDW really has over Disneyland's is the seating because the viewing area on RoA is a nightmare situation but LORD. Worth it. If WDW's Fant existed at Disneyland... it would not be nearly as popular, guaranteed.

The music they play in the pre-show to Fantasmic are all selections from the Disney Mania albums. Just listen to all of those, I guarantee you'll find every song. There was a time when they switched out that pre-show song list for another and I'm so glad it went back because it makes such great energy in the amphitheater.

The evening adds a different atmosphere since you can really see the lighting a lot better.
We were only in TSL during the day and I can't wait to see it at night. ASSaucers in particular looks fun with the lights.

If you are in a tour group, please don’t do what this group did.
Ahh those BTGs...everyone's favorite part of a WDW trip.

I really wish Disney would sell the soundtrack that they play before Fantasmic. I love some of those pop versions of my favorite Disney songs.
I'm with you! It's such a fun soundtrack.

My Dad’s favorite show at Walt Disney World is Fantasmic which I can’t understand. If you know me well on these boards, you know how much I despise this version of the show. Disneyland’s version has always been the superior version in my eyes, and I am hopeful that one day Walt Disney World will update their version of the show.
I don't get the love for Fantasmic! at WDW either, and I've never even seen the one at Disneyland! To me, the story is so disjointed, and just makes zero sense. I only like the Princess floats and the giant boat full of characters at the end. I've gone years in between viewing it, which was fine by me! We went last January only because I wanted to try out the dessert party that went along with it. The box of treats and blue margarita helped me enjoy the show a bit more LOL :)

33219911488_9e44e28855_z.jpg
I'm surprised they were even allowed to do this!

I have to say I've never actually sat through Fantasmic...I have walked by when it's going on and caught glimpses but that is about it. Now that I'm going to CA in July...I'll be sure to catch the DLR version!

I have to say I've never actually sat through Fantasmic...I have walked by when it's going on and caught glimpses but that is about it. Now that I'm going to CA in July...I'll be sure to catch the DLR version!
Get a dinner package! Best way to make sure you get a good view. All the fastpass viewing areas are standing room only.

Disney World is my "home" park and I FIERCELY agree with you on Disneyland's Fant being FAR superior to WDW's. I honestly don't get why people who still have seen both STILL like WDW's better. I'll say the one thing WDW really has over Disneyland's is the seating because the viewing area on RoA is a nightmare situation but LORD. Worth it. If WDW's Fant existed at Disneyland... it would not be nearly as popular, guaranteed.

The music they play in the pre-show to Fantasmic are all selections from the Disney Mania albums. Just listen to all of those, I guarantee you'll find every song. There was a time when they switched out that pre-show song list for another and I'm so glad it went back because it makes such great energy in the amphitheater.
- I agree that the seating definitely is nice. However, seating is not a reason to say that people like one show over the other.

- Thank you for that helpful piece of info. i will definitely look into those albums!

We were only in TSL during the day and I can't wait to see it at night. ASSaucers in particular looks fun with the lights.

Ahh those BTGs...everyone's favorite part of a WDW trip.

I'm with you! It's such a fun soundtrack.
- AS2 is really a great ride at night!

- The cheerleaders were honestly worse than most BTG's I have seen at WDW.

- I can't help to get into the music whenever I sit before the show.

I don't get the love for Fantasmic! at WDW either, and I've never even seen the one at Disneyland! To me, the story is so disjointed, and just makes zero sense. I only like the Princess floats and the giant boat full of characters at the end. I've gone years in between viewing it, which was fine by me! We went last January only because I wanted to try out the dessert party that went along with it. The box of treats and blue margarita helped me enjoy the show a bit more LOL :)

I'm surprised they were even allowed to do this!
- Very good description of the WDW Fantasmic.

- I mean...They looked like they were having a good time. I just wish people would realize that there are other people around them as well.

You definitely should!!! Make sure you get a dining package if you can!

Get a dinner package! Best way to make sure you get a good view. All the fastpass viewing areas are standing room only.
I agree! I would get a Dining Reservation at Blue Bayou. I would only eat at River Belle Terrace if that was the only option I could get, but I haven't had a great experience there yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter