Wheelchairs and buffetts

scroot

Mouseketeer
How do you cope? We have three options. DW can get out of the chair and walk through but she loses balance so easily that the slightest bump by anyone could injure her. I can push her through in the chair but she really can't turn to serve herself or even see the food. I can go through and carry double but have to guess at what she might like. For these reasons we have never done any buffett dinning at WDW. Any suggestions if we want to try it next month when we go? Thanks.

Ask your server to help. I often see them going through buffets helping those in w/c or otherwise can't reach the buffet. Disney tries harder than almost anywhere else IMO to make everything acessible.

ask a CM to assit you, they will carry and dish up what ever you want and bring it back to your table.

I use crutches and when I go to a buffet, I'll take a walk around the different stations and tell my family members what I would like. Then I go to my seat.

This was frustrating for me in December. We did a lot of character meals, there were 11 in our party, and it always seemed crowded. We ended up having my various family members just "wait" on me. I would view their plates and then put my "order" in and they would bring me the food. I didn't like this option, but it seemed the easiest solution. Good luck.
Lisa

I've been using a chair full-time for 14 years and have a buffet loving family!! My eye level is above the food and I can see. I hold the plate on my lap. (Sometimes I ask for a tray for the plate as it makes it even easier. )

Just have to watch for piles of spilled food to not get on my arm as I dip.

Don't miss out on the buffets - some of the best eating at Disney!!!

Angela

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter