Wheelchair Use @ Disneyland Paris - Know Before You Go

tink2424

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

This is my first post on the Dis but I have followed for many years. I recently returned from a lovely trip at DL Paris on May 18th to the 21st and had a GREAT time! However there was something that happened that took me by surprise so I wanted to give others a heads up.

You should know that if you plan to go to DL Paris with a wheelchair that you need to get a disability pass to be able to take the wheelchair through the lines. This differs from WDW and DL in the US as there you are unable to get a pass just because you have a wheelchair.

I had read about this pass on the Disneyland Paris website but they mentioned documentation that is usually only available to EU citizens. Additionally, we weren't looking to bypass the lines but to just bring the wheelchair in the line with us to wait as normal. However we were told we were unable to bring the wheelchair in the line without the pass.

So the bottom line is that if you are bringing a wheelchair to DL Paris you will need to get the disability pass from your hotel or from guest services and they really want a letter from your doctor to give it out. They gave it to us with an exception but if I had known we could have just gotten a doctors note prior to us going.

Otherwise we had a lovely time and for those going we found the food to be very good and the park very well maintained. :rainbow:

Thanks olafLover! I think the really confusing thing for us from the US is that the US system is so much different as for mobility issues you can't get a pass and at DL Paris you HAVE to have a pass to even enter the line with a wheelchair. That is what was not clear in the post you listed and on the website.

To add more context my mother is not officially disabled and can walk/take stairs but she can't do it for a long time and has COPD/congestive heart failure. However on a day to day basis she walks for all of her tasks. Long trips to aquariums, zoo's and theme parks we have rented the ECV's for her as she can't sustain that type of trip.

So as I said I had reviewed the documentation for DL Paris but we didn't need a skip the line pass so I figured it would work just like in the US where you can take the wheelchair through the line as far as possible and then veer off if needed. It is NOT like that at DL Paris. You can't go anywhere near the line with a wheelchair so I wanted to clarify for others that might be in the same situation.

:crutches::moped::disrocks::tink:

Do they have any place at or near rides or shows at both parks to leave a wheelchair? My DM who is traveling with us had a fall at WDW in Nov when someone bumped into her and knocked her down and she would feel better using one the few days we are there as we walk around but she is fine to stand in lines and go on rides without it.

Yes, there are definitely places to "park" the wheelchair when you want to go on lines. I would recommend getting a disability pass just in case she wants to stay in the chair. But if you have no plans to ever bring the chair in line there are many places to leave it while you enjoy the rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter