Wheelchair help today!

WardFam

Mouseketeer
my kiddo seems to have pulled a muscle in his leg and is limping all over the park so I decided to rent him a wheelchair for the next 2 days. He turns 12 tomorrow and we are here on a mother/son so I want to make this trip as much fun as possible! Any tips I should know about navigating the parks with a wheelchair?

If the wheelchair doesn’t fit in the line a cast member will give you a return time to come back to the attraction, it’s not necessary for him to hobble his way through the lines and you do not need to go to city hall or anything to use wheelchair return times. CM will see the wheelchair and that’s all they need to issue the return time (DCA is accessible so much less concern there). You guys can still have a great time, hope he heals quickly!

You will discover how hilly it is. You will discover how clueless people are.

You will likely hurt. First aid has tylenol and ibuprofen, and they make THE best ice packs. For free.

Ice pack might be nice for his leg, too.

You will discover how hilly it is. You will discover how clueless people are.

You will likely hurt. First aid has tylenol and ibuprofen, and they make THE best ice packs. For free.

Ice pack might be nice for his leg, too.
Thanks everyone! You're right it is so much more hilly than I thought but California adventure has been easy to navigate so far. Any parade and/or fireworks advice?

I take my Mom all the time in a wheelchair. We don't often stay for fireworks, so not sure on that part. Most parades do have a wheelchair viewing area, but Paint the Night does not.

One tip I will give you when you have to stop on a ramp in a queue line is to turn the wheelchair sideways (like 90 degree turn). So instead of facing down or up, you are facing to a side. You will not have to hold onto it as firmly on the inclines then, and it makes it much easier! Don't ask me how long it took me to realize this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter