Wheelchair/Handicapped Accessible Room Locations and Measurements

I will be staying in a 2bdrm at VWL roll-in shower room at the end of April so I will get photos when we stay.

I went to look at prices for WDW and made a booking just to see the prices. Now you can book a accessible room while using normal booking page.

When I get up the different rooms that are available there is something called Florida special accessible room with option for hearing accessibility. 2 queen beds. Sleeps 1 - 4.

What is Florida special accessible room?

Villa at Wilderness Lodge Room 5544 2 Bedroom Dedicted Roll in shower in both bedrooms

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

This Photo was taken to show the difference in height between the toilet and a standard Wheelchair. We informed Disney that transferring from that height to a Wheelchair wasn't possible for my wife without my assistance.

IMG_0220.jpg

Does anyone know if Pop Century has the double/double bed setup for the handycapped accessible room with the roll-in-shower?

THey were doing renovations at Pop in March. Rooms were going to be made into family suites and the HA were now dble dble avl too.

Our scoop is that there was an accessable room, sleep dbl dbl. It did not have a roll in shower. They had to adjust our reservations when we got to the Pop to add the roll in shower room which had a King.

But, when I called for our reserv recently, now they are stated to have a dbl dbl with roll in shower.

Our family of four had a King access with the attached dbl which gave the disabled person the ability to sleep alone. Now we have to pay for 2 rooms, the disabled person or another would be given a roll away. No idea where it would be put with rollator, ECV, and other bedding needs.

We are staying off site this time to see if it works out better for future trips.

When I booked with my travel agent, she said that she talked to "special needs" at WDW and was told that at All Star Sports, the rooms with the roll in shower have a king as well as two doubles. This was a shock to her and she was going to call back and talk to someone else to see if it's really true.

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of this type of room...praying it's true and it's a new renovation.

When I booked with my travel agent, she said that she talked to "special needs" at WDW and was told that at All Star Sports, the rooms with the roll in shower have a king as well as two doubles. This was a shock to her and she was going to call back and talk to someone else to see if it's really true.

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of this type of room...praying it's true and it's a new renovation.

Not sure about Sports, when I tried making reservations, it was a King, Dbl Dbl, or a King, Dbl in room. Nothing about a King and Dbl dble. That is how we use to go, with 4 and one disabled needed a bed their self.
Now it is a King, with a double bed offered for our family of 4 or we need to book the both rooms.

In March at the Pop, I had to book for King and attached dbl pay for 2 rooms. The talk at the hotel was there were rooms currently being renovated to be much as the Music with family suite.

Can anyone tell me about the 2 bedroom villas at BLT? Do they have accessible 2 bedroom dedicated villas where all 3 bathrooms have roll-in showers and are fully wheelchair accessible?

Can anyone tell me about the 2 bedroom villas at BLT? Do they have accessible 2 bedroom dedicated villas where all 3 bathrooms have roll-in showers and are fully wheelchair accessible?

The one we had last time had the roll-in shower in the master suite bathroom the other 2 bathrooms had a regular tub with shower over. We found this a little awkward as we were travelling with another couple who had the master suite and we used the second bedroom. It meant we had to use their bathroom for DS. I wish they had made the second bathroom accessible too. I'm sure there would be space to have a roll-in shower in there.

We much preferred the arrangement at Kidani where the master bathroom had a walk in shower and the second bathroom had a roll-in.

loadsapixiedust - Yeah, I don't know why all 3 bathrooms in the villa aren't accessible. We just got off the phone and long story short, the only way to guarantee that we get at least two bathrooms with roll-in showers is to get either 2 HA 1-bedroom villas and request that they be adjoining or to get 1 deluxe studio and 1 1-bedroom villa (both fully HA) and request that they be adjoining. She said if you just ask for a 2 bedroom fully HA villa it would most like have 1 roll-in shower with the other 2 bathrooms having bath tubs. My grandma who will be with us doesn't need a roll-in shower but I definitely do. She could manage with a shower that has a little step up into it as long as she has grab bars.

We stayed at POFQ in Dec. of 2011, non W/CH room. I have to say it was very hard to get chair over the doorframe, little space to turn around, but we managed. My husband had to pull me backwards over the threshold of the door as my wheels kept getting stuck when I pushed myself. The vanity area was fine in regards to height, but my chair is manual and small, so not sure it would work for all- also one cannot see in mirror to use the one over vanity. There was a mirror on the bathroom door which I availed myself of. The bathroom was inaccessible with chair. One of my legs works much of the time so I hopped or used the cane. Plenty of room to fold a chair, but I would advise getting an accessible room if mobility devices are to be used, and if given the choice staying at POFQ. ~Rebecca

Captain Barbosa after viewing your pictures we will in future plan to stay at the Poly!
This trip we're staying at the Beach Club I've requested a wheelchair accessible room, Garden view, with bathtub and handrails. The roll in shower would not work well for us as sometimes I need baths for pain and swelling, plus the kids enjoy baths. Has anyone stayed in or seen a room such as this? Having a room I can get myself into and out of of will be such a treat, and I think make the vacation easier for my family! ~Rebecca :)

I will be staying in an accessible garden view with roll in shower for the first time. I am wondering how that room is.

This is my first time in an accessible room. I do know that the roll in shower rooms are on ground floor.

Can hardly wait for that Christmas spirit to come ... arriving after Thanksgiving.

Does anyone have any info on the wheelchair accessible rooms at Art of Animation, Little Mermaid rooms? Layouts?

Has anyone stayed in the std HA King room with tub option at the BWI? I understand that HA rooms are located all over the resorts but since in the description it says they are located in the Main Building and offer views of a garden, leisure pool or parking area I am wondering about what floors they may be on as 2nd floor is where the elevator to the Boardwalk is plus the Lobby and Belle Vue Lounge are and I would like to request the 2nd floor.

In March we had a WV HA room on the 3rd floor which was lovely but we did have to use 2 different elevators when heading down to the Boardwalk so 2nd floor would be so much more convienent. TIA

Does anyone know if Pop Century has the double/double bed setup for the handycapped accessible room with the roll-in-shower?

the resorts have all been revamped. I know for sure that Pop Century & All Star Sports have both double/double with roll in showers & king/double with roll in shower. I will be staying in a king/double set up January 6th so that will be interesting to see how it turns out. You can now check availability of these rooms online & pick the set up that you like online. They have also added refrigerators to the rooms as well.

the resorts have all been revamped. I know for sure that Pop Century & All Star Sports have both double/double with roll in showers & king/double with roll in shower. I will be staying in a king/double set up January 6th so that will be interesting to see how it turns out. You can now check availability of these rooms online & pick the set up that you like online. They have also added refrigerators to the rooms as well.

I have booked the king/double set up for Febuary. I am a little conserned about how much space there is in the room though. Could you possibly take a pic or two to show the set up?

In the one bedroom villas in Bay Lake Tower, is the roll-in shower in the bathroom connected to the bedroom or the bathroom off the main living area? It looks like it might be in the one off of the bedroom from the Disney site.
Thanks!

Hi does anyone have up to date info for POfq as we go September i know booking states two queen beds and roll in shower.

i am in wheelchair full time my sn can walk a little and my daughter is fine.

also friend booking they ave tied together and put connecting room request ? is this possible sure read somewhere that is not

thank you

I finally received an answer after not having my request fullfilled on three trip. I can make the request but it is not a quarntee. Depending on check outs there could be a problem. The example I was given if someone added days, they would not relocate them.

This was due to being placed in separate buildings with two special needs in separate rooms. They worked to get us in one building, on separate floors. Two days later we were able to be side by side, but had to give up one handicap room by sharing the roll in shower with connecting rooms.

It was stressful because I called several times to check on the rooms. Even did online check in with a call to let them know we were a late arrival. That may have played a part in the dilemma. Room request prior to our check in we're met first.

Last time in order to have perpetual care and be connected, we gave up accessable rooms. That was difficult. These problems were in the value rooms. The POR, we had two rooms, but the room was no where near anything. In the middle of nothing but brick buildings and an elevator at the far end of the building. I was use to small campus to navigate our special needs family.

Hope you have better luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter