Wheelchair/Handicapped Accessible Room Locations and Measurements

Hi, happymommy.

I am sorry about your reservation.

I think I was in the same BWV studio that you were in last December, #1070 which is one floor below the 2nd-floor lobby two doors from the elevators down the hallway.

I am surprised how the studio roll-in shower is less accessible than at Pop. Overall the BWV roll-in shower area was about half the size of the POP roll-in shower area. No fold-down bench in the roll-in shower because they said the area was probably too small to install one. They did bring down a large plastic bath chair.

The handheld shower is high...very high with no adjustment bar. The staff told me they have not installed an adjustable height shower bar because of the small size of the shower area.

I asked the staff to leave the handheld shower hose hanging down touching the floor and not to replace it in its holder that is about six feet high. Although it is a handheld the holder is at regular shower height with no adjustments.

The very large, heavy coffee table was removed for more wheelchair maneuvering and easier to transfer, for me, to the sofa.

We were in 4070 (I just looked it up). It was the worst room I’ve ever stayed in at Disney, super tight for 3 people. No storage space other than a 12” area to hang clothes, so we couldn’t unpack. Beds all opened up left no space for wheelchair. Front desk did try to move us to a one bedroom, but after over an hour with them next day, they couldn’t find anything, even non HA. Live and learn to double check reservations!

Hi, happymommy.

That was four floors above the standard view roll-in shower studio I was in. It was a lock-off studio attached to a one-bedroom.

I think this room was an afterthought by redesigning the bathroom and placing a roll-in shower about the width of a doorway so you could either roll-in backward or forward only in this square-shaped shower with no way to lower the handheld shower (7-feet high). I had them remove the large, heavy coffee table. And moved the safe on the floor from the closet to a chair. My unit, 1070 was the only standard view roll-in shower studio in the resort. All of the ones like yours, 4070 and 3070 and 2070 were prefered views.

We were in 4070 (I just looked it up). It was the worst room I’ve ever stayed in at Disney, super tight for 3 people. No storage space other than a 12” area to hang clothes, so we couldn’t unpack. Beds all opened up left no space for wheelchair. Front desk did try to move us to a one bedroom, but after over an hour with them next day, they couldn’t find anything, even non HA. Live and learn to double check reservations!

Does anyone have photos, room numbers etc..of the standard accessible rooms at Caribbean Beach w/2 queen beds. The information on TP is not updated.

Well, we (two feisty ladies "of a certain age"), have rebooked our April 2020 trip 4 times now, and it looks like we might just be really able to return to WDW this Spring.... hopefully we will both have received our vaccinations by then, and are totally up for whatever this trip has to offer.

Since we will both will be using rental scooters this trip, we have requested ground floor rooms at the Yacht Club, to avoid trying to get both scooters up and down on elevators. The cost was about 1/2 of what renting them in the parks would have been, so we saved money by having them delivered to the resort. The down side will be getting them on the bus (or buses if we both can't go on one) for visits to MK and AK, but at least we can "scoot" to both HS and Epcot.

My question for the group: Can anyone tell me where ramps are at the Yacht Club? I know the main back entrance from the lakeside, has one, but do any of the other side doors, or entrances to Beaches and Cream have ramps handy, or do you have to go through the resort lobby to get on the walkway? Can't tell by looking at the maps....

Thanks in advance.

My question for the group: Can anyone tell me where ramps are at the Yacht Club? I know the main back entrance from the lakeside, has one, but do any of the other side doors, or entrances to Beaches and Cream have ramps handy, or do you have to go through the resort lobby to get on the walkway? Can't tell by looking at the maps....

Thanks in advance.

My sister and I stayed at Yacht Club in October this past year. I used an ECV. We also got a ground floor room. The lakeside entrance is the only one with a ramp. As you are facing the entrance (with the lake behind you) it's to the left. There is a ramp on the right that leads to the gazebo-like seating area, pool, and Beach Club. The quick exits have stairs.

As a side note, we had two queen beds in the room. I was able to park my ECV in front of the patio door and desk by pulling straight into the room. In the mornings, I would 3-point turn (sometimes more) to be able to drive directly out in the morning. Since you are both using scooters, will one of you be holding the door open for the other to get out? I'd suggest using a doorstop like the Wedge-It (not affiliated with company - just really like it). It works much better than the ones on the floor.

My sister and I stayed at Yacht Club in October this past year. I used an ECV. We also got a ground floor room. The lakeside entrance is the only one with a ramp. As you are facing the entrance (with the lake behind you) it's to the left. There is a ramp on the right that leads to the gazebo-like seating area, pool, and Beach Club. The quick exits have stairs.

As a side note, we had two queen beds in the room. I was able to park my ECV in front of the patio door and desk by pulling straight into the room. In the mornings, I would 3-point turn (sometimes more) to be able to drive directly out in the morning. Since you are both using scooters, will one of you be holding the door open for the other to get out? I'd suggest using a doorstop like the Wedge-It (not affiliated with company - just really like it). It works much better than the ones on the floor.
Thanks for the response.... yes we will be holding the door for each other.... Both of us have health conditions that warrant them on Disney trips, but are otherwise ambulatory for home daily activities - the sheer stamina needed for all the walking and standing at WDW are just not in the cards for us.

Thanks for your suggestions..... I'm requesting a room close to the lobby, ground floor, and preferably without a daybed, so we have room for both scooters.....

I wonder if it would be better to try to back into the room to avoid trying to turn around to drive out....

Thanks for the response.... yes we will be holding the door for each other.... Both of us have health conditions that warrant them on Disney trips, but are otherwise ambulatory for home daily activities - the sheer stamina needed for all the walking and standing at WDW are just not in the cards for us.

Thanks for your suggestions..... I'm requesting a room close to the lobby, ground floor, and preferably without a daybed, so we have room for both scooters.....

I wonder if it would be better to try to back into the room to avoid trying to turn around to drive out....

You will have *plenty* of room for both scooters 🙂 If you feel the need, once you arrive you can visit the front desk, and ask for table(s)/chairs to be removed to make more space for parking and charging (remember to charge BOTH scooters completely, every night!) We have had folks here on this forum fit 2 rental ECVs into a room at POP with no problems, so a Deluxe room will be fine 🙂

Anyone know which rooms in YC are accessible *with tub*? The roll-in shower rooms were booked, so we went with the tub w/bars room for my dad. Wondering where they are in the hotel, and the maps are not that helpful lol

Anyone know which rooms in YC are accessible *with tub*? The roll-in shower rooms were booked, so we went with the tub w/bars room for my dad. Wondering where they are in the hotel, and the maps are not that helpful lol

If the maps at Touring Plans are outdated (and they may well be) then I wouldn't have a clue...

Just a helpful idea - you can take along a couple of nice lengths of this material (one for inside the floor of the tub, and one for outside the tub) or ask housekeeping for extra towels to lay down to help with slippery floors. I am all about slippery floor safety - especially on vacation! I don't want to spend any of my time in an Orlando ER! 😉 The mesh is reusable, machine washable, and rolls or folds easily for packing! When I travel, I carry mine folded in a gallon-sized ziplock bag, and have been using it for about 5 years now.

If the maps at Touring Plans are outdated (and they may well be) then I wouldn't have a clue...

Just a helpful idea - you can take along a couple of nice lengths of this material (one for inside the floor of the tub, and one for outside the tub) or ask housekeeping for extra towels to lay down to help with slippery floors. I am all about slippery floor safety - especially on vacation! I don't want to spend any of my time in an Orlando ER! 😉 The mesh is reusable, machine washable, and rolls or folds easily for packing! When I travel, I carry mine folded in a gallon-sized ziplock bag, and have been using it for about 5 years now.
Thank you so much!! I'll order some. My dad had a TBI in late 2019 and has been on Covid lockdown more or less since his recovery, so he's new to navigating the world with his mobility and balance issues. This will be perfect.

Hi All! I've booked a standard roll in shower room at All Star Movies next month and I'm having the hardest time trying to find where these rooms are located in the resort. Can anyone point me to a resource that shows where roll in shower rooms with two queens are located? Thanks!

Hi All! I've booked a standard roll in shower room at All Star Movies next month and I'm having the hardest time trying to find where these rooms are located in the resort. Can anyone point me to a resource that shows where roll in shower rooms with two queens are located? Thanks!
The standard buildings at ASMo are #2,3,6 and 7. I don't know if any current map exists indicating which rooms are wheelchair accessible or showers. I think Movies had just been updated prior to the shut-down last year, which may have added some HA rooms (the upgrade at POP did).

Folks on this thread may know more.

Have you tried the resort maps on touringplans.com? You will probably have to buy a membership but it's about $10 a year if I remember correctly. You can search for "hotel room views" and select "roll in shower" for your selected resort and the map will show you where they are. Click on the buildings and you will see actual room locations. They appear to be in Buildings 2, 3, 5 and 8.

Have you tried the resort maps on touringplans.com? You will probably have to buy a membership but it's about $10 a year if I remember correctly. You can search for "hotel room views" and select "roll in shower" for your selected resort and the map will show you where they are. Click on the buildings and you will see actual room locations. They appear to be in Buildings 2, 3, 5 and 8.
I have, but they have no rooms listed with a roll-in shower that also have two beds, so I figure it must not be accurate because I booked a roll in shower with two queen beds -- they must exist! :D

I have, but they have no rooms listed with a roll-in shower that also have two beds, so I figure it must not be accurate because I booked a roll in shower with two queen beds -- they must exist! :D
Roll-in shower with 2 queens is a new room category created by the renovation. It didn’t exist prior.

I am starting to plan a 2022 trip with my family. My mom has recently started having major leg issues due to a degenerative muscle disorder. We've been to WDW multiple times, and like to rent DVC points and stay in 2 bed villas. This time, I'm thinking we are going to have to get a handicap accessible room...most important are grab bars in the bathroom. A roll in shower would be nice to not have the lip, but she can do a regular walk in shower (at least right now). We will also most likely need to store an ECV.
So, now to my question...has anyone stayed at Beach Club Villas in a handicap accessible 2 bedroom? I found one YouTube video that had an HA room without a roll in shower, but with a tub and bathroom with bars, along with a walk in shower in the other bathroom. It looks like, on some room maps, that there are more that are lock offs, but I'm not sure. I searched in the thread, but found stuff for Beach Club Resort but not the Villas.

If you book a handicapped accessible roll-in shower unit, that will be *guaranteed*, because they pull those from availability when you book them, and only book exactly as many of those rooms as they have.

If she needs any form of assistance - whether its' an ECV, or a roll-in shower (so that she has a bench) - it will make her vacation (and everyone else's) better, so don't hesitate to use any tools that will make her trip easier. Just like wearing glasses to see better, or hearing aids to hear better, any assistance that she needs/wants to have a better trip is just a tool to help out!

Edited to add: You should have *plenty* of space to store (and charge) the ECV every night in the room - our 1 bedroom at BRV had tons of places to park and charge in the room!

So thought I'd share the video link for the BCV room with no roll in shower, but it has a bathroom with grab bars, a walk in shower, and a bath tub with grab bars. It's a 2 bed dedicated, with a huge balcony. Is this considered a Florida ADA room?
Not quite sure what that means...

Is this considered a Florida ADA room?
Not quite sure what that means...
No, the "Florida special" rooms have hand rails at the toilet but not the shower. Seems odd to me.

That video appears to be a "wheelchair accessible with tub." I didn't notice a transfer bench for the bath but one can be requested or rented.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!