Wheelch Viewing area for fireworks at Magic Kingdom

Schmidt01

Earning My Ears
where is the viewing area for fireworks at MK? Does anyone have a picture of the view from that spot? Also, how early do you need to arrive to get a seat? We'll be there in January.

Sorry to disappoint, but they don't have one. While you can usually get to what you think would be a good view, just before the show all the CMs get everyone up onto their feet and moving forward to fill in all the spaces so everyone can get a view. Yeah, great. Except those of us in wheelchairs and mobility scooters. And when the kids go up on shoulders right in front of you, forget about getting a clear view of the castle projections.

Sorry, am I sounding a bit bitter? We saw Happily Ever After twice. The first viewing was ruined by a said child on someone's shoulders, even though the family next to me helped me find a space I could stand up in so I'd be able to see, and the second time I had a family behind me moaning constantly because we'd just turned up and gone into the gap which was in front of them and their little'un couldn't see, even though there were a load of people standing in front of us, too. As a result I felt guilty about standing up for a good view so stayed sitting down and didn't get any decent unobstructed photos that viewing, either.

Trouble is, if you get right at the front (which is possible if you're prepared to stake your spot at least an hour before the show starts), you're then too close to see the fireworks properly - and they project right out onto all the castle bits out to the side of the castle as well. If you stay well back, eg down by the restrooms near Tomorrowland Terrace, you get a fantastic view of the fireworks (we've watched Wishes from there more than once), but can't see any of the projections at all.

when I went in September not April ( I have a hard time with the crowds and loud noise and together forget it) They were trying out an area for VIP guest recovery Disability spot for the firework. I was able to use it. ( I forgot how I think I was talking to a PAC CM and she know of this area) not sure if they are still doing it but I was told if it was not full then they would let people with Disability in it the area was right in front of the grassy area for the dessert party. The had the area roped off and a VIP tour guide maning it your name has to be on a list to get it ( or my name was on the list and I got in this way I did see a PAC CM alk up and ask the CM if they had room and got someone else in. ( not sure if all PAC CM know this or if you have to be a trainer/ coordinator to get gest in)

Last edited:
A CM know the person to call is all I asked if the next time I came back and they said to find them and if there was room they would add me

Sorry to disappoint, but they don't have one. While you can usually get to what you think would be a good view, just before the show all the CMs get everyone up onto their feet and moving forward to fill in all the spaces so everyone can get a view. Yeah, great. Except those of us in wheelchairs and mobility scooters. And when the kids go up on shoulders right in front of you, forget about getting a clear view of the castle projections.

Sorry, am I sounding a bit bitter? We saw Happily Ever After twice. The first viewing was ruined by a said child on someone's shoulders, even though the family next to me helped me find a space I could stand up in so I'd be able to see, and the second time I had a family behind me moaning constantly because we'd just turned up and gone into the gap which was in front of them and their little'un couldn't see, even though there were a load of people standing in front of us, too. As a result I felt guilty about standing up for a good view so stayed sitting down and didn't get any decent unobstructed photos that viewing, either.

Trouble is, if you get right at the front (which is possible if you're prepared to stake your spot at least an hour before the show starts), you're then too close to see the fireworks properly - and they project right out onto all the castle bits out to the side of the castle as well. If you stay well back, eg down by the restrooms near Tomorrowland Terrace, you get a fantastic view of the fireworks (we've watched Wishes from there more than once), but can't see any of the projections at all.
I had the same issue last December. DW is great with managing HC persons, except for the fireworks show.

We were there in May 2016 and there was an area roped off for wheelchairs and scooters. Maybe they don't do it anymore though. It was just behind a major thru way so there wasn't anyone in front of us much. It was in the hub on the right hand side. Although, it may have changed and no longer exist now. I had to ask a cast member if it was available.

Does anyone have any recent info on handicap viewing at MK. Thanks!

Does anyone have any recent info on handicap viewing at MK. Thanks!
For HEA NONE there is NO viewing area for HEA for handicap. ( I am not happy about this at all can you tell) your best bet if you can get there early and find a spot. If you can not you are SOL

For HEA NONE there is NO viewing area for HEA for handicap. ( I am not happy about this at all can you tell) your best bet if you can get there early and find a spot. If you can not you are SOL

There was handicap viewing when we went in September 2016 (13 people, 2 wheelchairs), but I felt like it was almost worthless. There were lampposts, and then people standing in front of us. Not good. I'm trying to figure out what we will do in September when we go. My DS will be in a wheelchair. It's hard. I want him to have a view, but not block someone else's view. Ugh.

There was handicap viewing when we went in September 2016 (13 people, 2 wheelchairs), but I felt like it was almost worthless. There were lampposts, and then people standing in front of us. Not good. I'm trying to figure out what we will do in September when we go. My DS will be in a wheelchair. It's hard. I want him to have a view, but not block someone else's view. Ugh.
Where was this I know they sometimes let you in the VIP area but as fair as I know and I go about once a month there is none for HEA

Just saw this was a few years ago it is no longer there any more

Last edited:
So basically if I want a chance at a decent, buttless view I have to do a dessert party. Which is great for my diabetic mom who is the one in the wheel chair. We went last Christmas and had a true blue Christmass miracle that everyone in front of her stayed seated on the ground. Wehave always avoided the fireworks somewhat in the past because of the logistics but she really loved it.

So basically if I want a chance at a decent, buttless view I have to do a dessert party. Which is great for my diabetic mom who is the one in the wheel chair. We went last Christmas and had a true blue Christmass miracle that everyone in front of her stayed seated on the ground. Wehave always avoided the fireworks somewhat in the past because of the logistics but she really loved it.
Or get a spot early and have a fince so then no one can stand in front of you. But I do love the dessert party they have other things beside cookies and dessert like fruit but some fruit is just as bad for diabetics as some cookies are.

We did the dessert party and I still had a blocked view. They let the VIP's in front of us and I had plant blocking my view on one side and if I turned my head to the other side in front I had a child on a parents shoulders. I am a magnet for this. Only in front of me lol. However, I wish at least for the viewing parties Disney did have accessible spot in the area we get. They know how many people are using chairs or scooters so it is easy to do. It is a very long area. I should have gotten out earlier but it was pouring rain so by the time I did get out there it was pretty full. So if you do this leave early from the party and get a good spot.

I have never had a good view of the magic kingdom fireworks and projections no matter where I was if I could stand or not. Only time was two Halloween seasons ago we went to the grassy area in front of Casey’s and it was pretty empty and I sat on my walker seat and watched. The only time I ever could see. That was lovely. A number of years ago we reserved a spot in the rose garden when that existed and saw wishes from there lying comfortably in the grass but no projections existed then and it was off center. I just don’t believe many people get a good view of it all. We are doing plaza dessert party next trip if they continue to have it then. That is our best bet. I just have to pay to get a chance of a good view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!