Whay aren't any restaurants at Swan/Dolphin or Downtown Disney included in DDP?

kathyg

DIS Veteran
There are so many great restaurants at these locations...was just wondering if anyone had any idea why they aren't included in DDP or DDE? Do you think they are losing business because of the DDP when there are so many other restaurants that participate? Do you think they should "join"? I think of these places as just as much Disney as any other restaurant in the parks or resorts. Why won't they just join the fold?

Well, they aren't Disney owned, I think that's the big thing. It might benefit them to join, but it would cos them out of their own pockets. Disney can spread his cost around, because while you are dining, maybe you'll take a longer trip, or shop more, etc. Keeping you onsite makes Disney more money than the discounts give up.

also Wolfgang Puck's Cafe for TS
plus five CS restaurants: Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang Puck Express, cookes of Dublin, Foodquest at DisneyQuest, and Missing Link Sausage Co.

:thumbsup2

But what about the great restaurants like Pailo, Blue Zoo, Fresh, Shula's, Portobello Yacht Club, Rainforest Cafe and Fulton's. These are wonderful restaurants. I know they are not Disney owned, but they are a part of WDW, and people have come to inlcude them as part of their dining experience.

Like I said before, don't know if they are losing money, but they certainly would have a lot more business if they were on the plan...IMO.

There is a silver lining however...at least for some people.

We stayed at the Swan last fall during the time frame that people at the "real" Disney resorts had the free dining plan.

The advantage was that I was always able to get my first choice of dining times at the Swan/Dolphin restaurants, and they were never that crowded. Palio was our favorate and I plan to dine there again - delicious and peaceful!

That might not be good for them, but it was for me.

KayakDaddy said:
There is a silver lining however...at least for some people.

We stayed at the Swan last fall during the time frame that people at the "real" Disney resorts had the free dining plan.

The advantage was that I was always able to get my first choice of dining times at the Swan/Dolphin restaurants, and they were never that crowded. Palio was our favorate and I plan to dine there again - delicious and peaceful!

That might not be good for them, but it was for me.
The silver linning for me was I was able to get a character meal at the last minute in December when everything else was booked!

MrShiny said:
Well, they aren't Disney owned, I think that's the big thing. It might benefit them to join, but it would cos them out of their own pockets. Disney can spread his cost around, because while you are dining, maybe you'll take a longer trip, or shop more, etc. Keeping you onsite makes Disney more money than the discounts give up.
Good points. I agree with you about not benefiting in other areas like Disney is able to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter