What's your resort choice??

Thank you both!!
I do like the advice of switching our first day to Epcot especially since it is open the latest and I would like one full day at MK. Was really hoping tickets would arrive by Friday, but still waiting til tomorrow to make official park reservations!
Think I'll go with CBR if for the ease of transportation alone.
How is the trip to MK from CBR?

Easy. 10-15 minute bus ride. Drop off not far from entrance. Budget 40 minutes from leaving your room to entering MK. Walk to bus stop, wait for bus, ride bus, walk to MK entrance.

[/QUOTE]
Thank you both!! So would you say 90 min to make rope drop??
[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, seems like a lot of time but someone else needs to advise if transportation times are shorter or longer during COVID times. I would think 1 hr is plenty to get from CBR to MK for rope drop.

Decisions...decisions!!! I'm so indecisive! I booked CBR but really considering changing to AOA, Although my kids are teenagers, I think the look of AOA is sooo Disney that it might be more exciting for them. As for travel difference we could still take skyliner to CBR for Epcot and HS correct? Is that a better option than just bussing? Is there much difference in bus trips from AOA vs CBR to MK and DAK? We'll have 2 days at MK and one at each of the others, so choosing and paying more for CBR might not really be worth it for the skyliner. We're used to 4 person rooms and my teens are all pretty small...around 100lb each so not too worried about beds or room size. I will miss the hot tub after a long day but not sure I'd even use it in January anyway, especially with the size of the resort and the unlikelihood that our room would be close enough to it that we didn't freeze on the walk back.
The kids are more traditional on food...pizza, chicken, burgers so the food court might be good option for a couple of meals.
Am I going to regret this? :-)
Thanks for your patience with me and my indecisiveness!!!

From AoA, you will take the Skyliner to Caribbean. I would guess there is an advantage as the buses from AOA will pick up at one bus stop, whereas at the Caribbean you will go to several stops in the resort to pick people up.

We love all of them, so I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. One thing to note is that CSR's QS food court is not currently open and they are not currently selling refillable mugs. Its possible this could all change by January, but something to keep in mind.

We just returned from a week long stay at CBR. We chose CBR because its at the Skyliner hub, and DHS has been the most consistently busy park in the mornings. Even though the ROTR boarding process has helped to alleviate some of the crowds, its still busy to get there in the mornings on Disney transportation. Coming from AOA or Pop, you have to transfer at CBR, so staying right at CBR gives you a bit of a lead and you only have to wait in one line as opposed to two lines (one at Pop/AOA to board the Skyliner and another one at CBR to board the DHS line).

Another reason we chose CBR is because we only had to bus to 2 of the 4 parks. Coming from CSR, you'd have to bus (or use Uber/Lyft) to all 4 parks. Even though CSR has limited capacity right now, the buses have severely limited capacity. There was more than one instance where we had to wait for another bus to come around, and this is particularly problematic in the mornings when bus depots are busy and everyone wants to be there by park opening. We ended up using Uber/Lyft to MK and AK from CBR, so I personally would want to avoid having to be reliant on buses for all 4 parks until social distancing is no longer required.

The last reason we chose CBR is due to the proximity to Riviera. It was a very close walk so it gave another bar option, another QS option, and its home to one of the few character TS meals currently operating.

Agreed the wood floors are preferred to carpet. I thought the CBR room had wood (laminate) flooring but I could be wrong!
CBR still has carpet. FWIW, we stayed at CSR last year with the hard floors and it became evident that housekeeping did not sweep during our stay. By day 3, all the hair I shed (which is a lot) was rolling in tumbleweeds across the floor and was stuck all over my socks. There was less of that on the carpet at CBR. And housekeeping is definitely not sweeping or vacuuming now, since service is limited. We also heard the lovely woman walking in high heels in the room above us at CSR - the hard flooring seems to amplify the noise, unfortunately.

We just stayed at AoA last week. Is our 2nd time to stay there & I love the resort.

Stayed in a little mermaid room this time & It’s a bit of a walk to the front but not bad. If riding the Skyliner these rooms are close to it.

If you are riding the Skyliner & they are running buses also to Epcot & HS like they were last week then this is a big hint: walk to the POP side and catch the Skyliner when going. The AoA Skyliner moves very very slow. Like a group per 10 minutes to load. We were 4 groups back & in line 45 minutes. The PoP line moves continuously. Coming back that night from Epcot was super fast & a peaceful way to avoid the buses.

My preference would be AoA, POP, CBR, CSR. The bus situation @ CBR can be very rough - the resort is huge. If you are near the Skyliner that won't be as big an issue and you will only need the buses for DAK and MK. Rope Drop is not so critical right now so that would be OK. 1 BR suites @ AoA are awesome BTW.

Taking the plunge and planning a rush trip for Jan 2-6. Trying to choose between POP, Animation, Coronado or Caribbean.
Hit me with your advice please!!! Haven't been to WDW in 12 years!!
Thanks!!
Jana
I'd either do Pop or CBR. CBR wins over Cornado to me because they're both very spread out resorts, but CBR has skyliner. Pop wins over AoA because the only regular rooms at AoA are the farthest away from main area/buses etc., so I just see more value from Pop and CBR.

I absolutely adore CBR, but I opted for CSR for my January trip over it or Pop or AoA because I (and I realize I am about the only person in the world who feels this way) do NOT like entering Epcot from International Gateway, which is the only option from a Skyliner resort. It just doesn't feel like I'm in Epcot if I don't go in the front entrance. And Studios is always a skip it park for me, so...

Plus at this point, at CSR they only have the Tower and Casitas open, so it's not "all that spread out" right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter