what's your preference?

karebear1

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
We are going to Orlando next January and are thinking about staying at the Universal hotels for a couple days. Can you please tell me which of the hotels you like to stay in and why? Are these hotels as nice as the Disney 5 star resorts? And what, if any, perks are there for staying at one of these hotels?? Thanks everybody!

We've only stayed at HRH but the biggest perk would be the Front of the Line privileges you get by showing your room key card.

I have stayed at HRH and PBH - PBH is my favorite. Definitely compares to a deluxe at Disney. In fact, the rooms are nicer than any deluxe room I've had at Disney. The best perk, as mentioned above, is the FOTL (Express) with your room key. You will absolutely love this!!

Another thing I love is that you can walk to the Parks and City Walk from the hotels (or take a water taxi). It really is a very nice situation. If you plan to do Disney as well as Universal, I recommend that you do Disney first - you will not like to stand in line at Disney, once you've been to the front of the line at Universal.

Hope this is helpful.

Have a good trip!

Ditto what antmaril said: Do Disney first because FOTL really does spoil you! Also, I found that getting your picture taken with characters was much better organized at Universal/IOA than at Disney. People were cutting left and right at Disney and the CMs would just stand there and shrug their shoulders (this happened to us last month), while at USO/IOA they would firmly (but politely) point out the line if anyone just tried to run up to the characters. We're looking forward to going back this December and seeing Grinchmas for the first time.

I have stayed at the Royal Pacific Resort and this year I'm trying the Hard Rock.

These hotels and parks are first class... front of the line access cannot be beat.

I have some photos of universal on my wesite link below..

Have fun planning your vacation...

Hey poster formerly known as Prince (I don't know what to call you!) I've been to your site and it's really nice. You have some great links.

karebear - We've stayed at Hard Rock and are staying at Royal Pacific this May. We LOVED the Hard Rock. The rooms are very nice and the beds are to die for! The pool is awesome and I've heard it will be the same at Royal Pacific.

And the FOTL can't be beat. You don't have to rush around to beat the crowds or worry about getting back at a certain time for your fast pass.

They're all awesome, first class hotels. The biggest difference is the theming and the ambience. Preferences are personal so I would suggest a trip to our new site and look over the incredible photos and videos the webmaster and his crew took of them. I spent this afternoon checking them out and they make you feel like you're there! http://www.usoinfo.com/pictures/index.htm

As in Disney, there are types of hotels that you prefer by the theming. I love the Boardwalk, Grand Floridian and the Swan and Dolphin, but would rather not deal with the Wilderness Lodge, the Poly and the AKL because I don't like the way they look or feel. It's personal preference.

Thanks everyone for your views and opinions- and the websites to check out! That front of the line access does sound nice- don't think Dsiney could ever do that - too many people at the resorts! Does Universal have early entry or late nights?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!