What's your Myers Briggs personality type?

Interesting question (would be good as a poll too!)

I'm an ISTJ, and see there are a few others here. My Disney style is a lot of research, and then a "Plan A / Plan B / Plan C" touring style. - I like to schedule my flexibility. :rotfl2:

istj_head_normal_small.jpg

Officially, INTP, but the first letter is constantly flipping, so I just say XNTP. Not sure if personalities are "drawn" to Disney, but I certainly am!

I'm curious if there's a certain set of personalities attracted to Disney life!
INTJ here and sometimes feel like I'm the only INTJ into Disney lol.
At a glance, I suspect no specific MB personality type is attracted to Disney ... but certain personality types are attracted to uber-planning, which is kinda what this board is about. That's probably why so many people on this thread are INTJs ... I don't think you'd find this many in a random slice of society.
I tend to be ENFJ, but everything beyond the extroversion tends to be borderline, so I guess it depends on the day which extroverted personality type I am that day.
I first took the MB in college (during RA training), and I was an INTJ ... truthfully, I didn't see it then, but now I do; perhaps I'm more introspective than I was at 19-20? In the 30 years since college, I've taken it numerous times, and EVERY SINGLE TIME I've tested INTJ. The only difference: As I've aged, my "I" has drifted towards the midpoint so that I'm hovering kinda near Extroversion ... but not quite in that category.
I'm a fellow INTJ. Have you seen this? It matches each MBTI type to a Disney character. According to it, we're Elsa. I agree with that.
I don't know whether I'd seen that one or not, but you can find LOTS of characters-by-their-MB on Pinterest (or just the internet in general). We INTJs are apparently Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter world ... the title character in House ... Tywin Lannister in Game of Thrones ... Carol from Walking Dead ... Elrond from Lord of the Rings ... the Emperor from Star Wars. Wherever you look, we're the quiet, smart planner, the (sometimes evil) mastermind. In literature, our type is often the villain.

Last edited:

I'm also INFP. I see we're well represented here! What does INFP-T mean? I'm not familiar with the -T part.

I see we have a lot of INFJ types here, too. I'm a pretty strong P, as I'm not fond of planning, structure, schedules, routines and the like. The ONE thing that brings out the J in me is planning Disney trips, and sometimes I even like it! 😄 You can bet that there's a lot of flexibility built into my plans, though.

I'm borderline E / I. I used to test ENFP, but the older I get, the more "I" I lean. It's pretty easy for me to strike up conversations while on my solo trips, but I'm pretty content on my own, too. I love both family and solo trips, and my solo trips keep getting longer and better. Next year I have 2 weeks planned solo, and I can't wait!

I'm INFP, very intuitive over sensing. Some people seem surprised I'm an introvert, but I really need alone time to survive.
I go between INTP and INFP.

I’ve taken it many many times over the years and those are the only two I get.

Oh, and if you do colours, I’m orange/green :D
INFP-T with a heavy emphasis on the I.
Very consistent INFP here :daisy: While I am not taking my first solo trip until September, I was able to snag a few solo mornings on my last trip in January. It was a total dream! While I really do enjoy being there with my boyfriend and sharing the magic together, logistically it was nice being there alone and really soaking things in/pushing forward where I wanted to.
INFP :daisy: I am an introvert who, while I do love being home with my kitty, also loves going and doing things either by myself or with someone I am close with!
INTP or INFP depending on the test and what kind of mood I'm in at the time.
Me too!!! :flower3: Supposed to be like 4% of people lol. But after responding, I kept reading and there were a few more INFPs so more than 4% of responses here so far. LOL
INFP, single, and love going to Disney solo.

I'm borderline E / I. I used to test ENFP, but the older I get, the more "I" I lean. It's pretty easy for me to strike up conversations while on my solo trips, but I'm pretty content on my own, too. I love both family and solo trips, and my solo trips keep getting longer and better. Next year I have 2 weeks planned solo, and I can't wait!

While I don't often have a problem striking up conversations, that doesn't make one an E by any stretch of the imagination. Socializing in any form is exhausting for me, and I need time alone to recharge after doing so. Being with people saps my energy. It doesn't invigorate me. This is a common trait of certain introverted personalities. My conversational ability is born more from a defense mechanism to keep me from feeling out of place in a stressful or anxious situation. It's taken my wife almost thirty years to understand this about my personality.

While I don't often have a problem striking up conversations, that doesn't make one an E by any stretch of the imagination. Socializing in any form is exhausting for me, and I need time alone to recharge after doing so. Being with people saps my energy. It doesn't invigorate me. This is a common trait of certain introverted personalities. My conversational ability is born more from a defense mechanism to keep me from feeling out of place in a stressful or anxious situation. It's taken my wife almost thirty years to understand this about my personality.

Absolutely. I understand that it's more about where you get your energy that defines introversion versus extroversion. I'm afraid I get defensive sometimes. Many people act surprised that I'm an introvert, and I think a lot of introverts get this reaction. I think it's because extroverts often assume that introversion means you're socially awkward or don't like people, or some such inaccurate stereotype, and I think my defensive post saying "It's easy for me to strike up conversations" does nothing but perpetuate the stereotype. I definitely need to stop doing that!

The I/E is where you get your energy from... how you recharge not if you have social issues or skills. People are 50/50 split on this one. I am an extrovert but there is nothing wrong with being an introvert. Everyone still needs to take a break, think, meditate but Introverts recharge by doing so. Extroverts recharge by being with others.

Another INTJ here! As a PP stated, we are well represented on this thread, and probably more so than a general slice of the population. INTJs are only 2-3% of the general population! And as other PPs have noted - I'm a planner. I also like doing Disney solo - I've had a couple of completely solo trips, but I always try to plan some solo time even when I'm traveling with someone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!